Petition Against Insight Venture Partners

DaElf

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i beleive the only way to get a reaction from JaGEx is if a mass (at least 80%) of players boycotted the game untill it was removed.

but sadly theres no way that would happen so all i can say is R.I.P. Runescape.

De_Toke.png
max.png
Quest cape since Jan. 30th, '08

You will have to speak with your currency if you want them to listen. ;)

Anything else will fall of deaf ears.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Course, since your lack of currency says nothing compared to the currency currently spilling into their laps from the less restrained people, why the hell would they listen to you anyway? You have less leverage than a seesaw with a hinge in the middle.

8f14270694.jpg

I see your petition in a few other forums too - wow dedicated op is.

anyways courtesy bump for ya

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

Course, since your lack of currency says nothing compared to the currency currently spilling into their laps from the less restrained people, why the hell would they listen to you anyway? You have less leverage than a seesaw with a hinge in the middle.

As an individual, you are correct, however if a large number of people become dissatisfied with the course Runescape is headed then the revenue figures would likely fall. If this does not happen, then they must be doing something right. More power to them if the latter is true, and may the ridiculous (in my opinion) decisions continue.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Worth a read: [qfc]15-16-335-63686317[/qfc]

thread was locked, I do not mean to criticize pmods on the rsof as a whole, but some are either overworked (not reading threads properly before locking) or incompetent, I have had several valid threads locked on the rsof with no real reason given, and the 'highlight' system is a joke, I have never seen a single thread unlocked after being locked.

that aside that is an interesting post that he actually got a response from Insight, however I still see it having little impact. (read it before it is eaten by the useless forum system of deleting everything after 50 pages).

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

or, y'know, we could just copy it down

MODS: Please DO NOT titlesurf, I have NOT attacked Insight, or posted any personal information. This is constructive, and I feel this needs to be heard.

Insight called this afternoon. Cross my heart and hope to die. These ruthless investors, these heartless people... apologized to me...?

Yep! Believe it or not Mr. Crisses and Mr. Horing called and apologized for the actions that I had come into when I visited their offices a few days ago.

You see, they explained, some RuneScapers have been sending their employees death threats, and that just 2 days prior somebody had come into their building and the cops had to remove him.

Let me interrupt this post momentarily to tell everyone this is ABSOLUTELY NOT the way to handle your problems/rants/etc. There is no excuse for this behavior, and no matter how much I despise an update, I will NEVER support or encourage actions like this. The very thought somebody could do this saddens me, and makes our community look bad.

Tangent aside, they further informed me that they did not anticipate the update would have this kind of reaction from the community and that they are further investigating and researching it.

Also, they accepted the petition, and encouraged me to send along whatever other materials I should desire.

I know many of you won't believe me. I know even more will claim I'm e-faming, but this is what happened.

I was pleasantly surprised at IVP's calling to apologize, and may I say that, while I'll still grumble about "corporate greed" every now and then like old ranting men like me do, their courage, their principles and morals caught me offguard and I was very happy with their response.

Take the above for what you will (except the no death threats part, seriously NOT COOL guys), but that's my story. That's what happened.

8f14270694.jpg

You're confusing a company with a government. The owners of Jagex aren't elected, why on earth would they care about petitions and protests? As long this update remains profitable, it will not go away. So if you wanna change something, think of way to make it less profitable. Instead of a petition, why don't you try organising a mass unsubscription or something, which (if it works) might actually have a chance.

Whilst I have cancelled my subscription, many feel that they simply can't stop being members, for whatever reason, and so I fear that, if a mass unsubscription were attempted, many of those who supported it would end up not actually taking part. This way, everyone who supports the petition can sign up and their name will be added to a list of those firmly against it, regardless of other action.

+1. While i loathe the update, I still enjoy the rest of the game. im not about to quit over content i can ignore. thats why i signed the petition.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

Mass unsubscription only works if you can set a large example, and convince everyone that it's ok to enjoy the F2P game for a while (can still get DG tokens :thumbsup: )...

On top of that, you'll also have more success of everyone cancels their subscription over a set period of time, say, the three months that span finals and summer holiday break...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!