Your Runescape Inspiration/Motivation

Tykras

Well, when I started playing this game, it was a challenge between me and my friends to get the first 99. They all stopped playing after, and I carried on and ultimately won. By then I was totally in love with the game, I still am despite the weird direction it takes. I'm working on Taskmaster, then Max and Comp capes, and I'll probably carry on playing Runescape till the day it dies. But that's just me.

DdzSE8e.png

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Blog

I started playing sometime around 2002-2003 and I just goofed around with a few friends from school. Never really got into the game or did anything significant till around 2006. I've taken breaks and such throughout the years but for the most part it's either friends bringing me back or that nagging in the back of my brain to finish what I left.

I'm one of those people who doesn't like to leave things half finished so I guess that's been the ultimate motivation and also the ultimate down-side always dragging me back lol. As it stands now I've got a few stats left to finish off then who knows, maybe I'll be able to walk away.

oaM0.png
fXPnd.png

My inspiration was my friends I suppose. I played a bit in early RS2 like 2003 to 2004 around the neo pet/diablo 2/GTA 3 era. I didn't really play much because my parents didn't have a computer and I could only play at my friends, and well he had 1 computer and RS is definitely no fun with 2 people and 1 computer. I got back into the game around 2006, when my parents got a computer and dial-up. Same time I had another friend that would play and we'd pick up arrows in the wildy. So I started doing that at my own house, and got my best friend into the game too. Didn't get serious playing till 2009, and thats the year I became member. Was f2p for a long time and like level 60 lol. Now that I'm out of HS and in college I play tons because of all the spare time and living on my own so can play till like 2am, like 4-5am on the weekends. I suppose the reason I still play is because I want to max level, and I see how fast people are doing it these days so imo its a reasonable goal. I'm not the fastest person as I average 1-2m xp/week (except when I got 120 dg, than like 7m weeks), but I'm getting closer every day. I may quit soon though, seeing as I'll get my BA next spring and will need to get a job to pay off over 40k in student loans lol...

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

Friends got me into the game around 7 years ago. I played a lot at first because it was just fun messing around with mates, but I stopped playing when I was about 14. (Pretty fortunate really as I started my GCSE's around then). I started playing again during sixth form, but only a couple of hours a week. Since then I've gradually started playing more (although I'm barely on at the moment as I have uni exams in the next 2 months), and am motivated by trying to obtain a comp cape and rare set. The rare set is coming along quite nicely (All lowers, edibles and a blue partyhat), and I haven't really worked on maxing for a few weeks, so once my exams are over I'll be back working on that.

I doubt I'll ever quit Runescape, I have invested nearly 120 days into the game already, so stopping now without reaching my goals is basically out of the question for me. Even if Jagex completely ruined the integrity of the game through various schemes, I'd still be happy to log on to see where my favourite quest lines go, and to try out any cool update. I'm perfectly happy to pay my £3.50 a month for that, so I guess I'll keep playing till they turn the servers off.

Asmodean <3

Maxing combat is the only reason I play. Not just the stats but gear as well. Same reason I played WoW only until I was the best geared death knight on my server

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword