11-April-2012 - Dungeoneering and Shop Improvements

Saradomin_Mage

I can't post on the forums (it says only qualifying free players). Is this a little bug or did they remove f2p from the forums now?

How much total xp/total level do you have? I can still post despite being F2P atm, but maybe they re-raised the requirements?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't bother looking for a primal pickaxe.

It's simply a better combat version of the promethium.

But, I still wouldn't use it as a primary weapon.

Investing in your ring's gathering ability pays bigger dividends.

Is there any source for this with tangible proof?

Because it certainly doesn't sound right to me, logical would dictate primal are better at the skill tasks in terms of destroyed resource rates in the same way all primals best their promethium counter parts.

You stilll destroy ores with a primal.

I used to have one bound.

I have at least a 75% recover rate on ores with promethium and add in double ores what more do you want?

I am usually fully geared in 2 rocks and that includes a shield.

It's not that it matters since I'm like one of the 1% of players who mines and make armours each game.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Because it certainly doesn't sound right to me, logical would dictate primal are better at the skill tasks in terms of destroyed resource rates in the same way all primals best their promethium counter parts.

I have at least a 75% recover rate on ores with promethium and add in double ores what more do you want?

It's not that it matters since I'm like one of the 1% of players who mines and make armours each game.

Just because you still destroy ores does not categorically prove that primal does not have a better recovery rate than promethium.

And yes ring etc may give double ores and that is all very good but it is not directly relevant to the question of whether primal does or does not have a better recovery rate of ores/logs. It may answer in part whether it is worth purposefully hunting primals out, but that is not what I was questioning. I was questioning whether primal recovery rate has been proven to be equal to promethium as you implied.

Most other good dgers I've spoke too or seen posting around the forums have certainly mentioned they will be hunting for primals with this update combine that with the logic that it should be better I'm more inclined to believe it does have a better recovery rate, even if not hugely so than based on the assertions of one poster using very strange ad-hoc logic. After all how does 'primal still destroys ores' + 'promehtium has 75% recover rate' + 'ring gives good bonuses' equate to, or remotely offer proof that, 'Primal is not better at recovering ore than promethium'

Just the kind of statement I'd expect, given how meticulous the cross section of meta-gamers and DGers than form groups like DGS are, there would be researched figures on the matter that offer a reliable answer.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

If you're asking if I'm dumb for soloing the floors - I'm low level in the skill, and trying to learn as much as I can about it before I subject myself to groups. I've probably read as much of the DGS guides and forum threads at xp-waste as half of your members. A lot of it is far, far above what I need to know right now as a level 47, but information to me is gold. I am fully aware that quicker experience in the skill is to be had by grouping, and that at higher levels it becomes ridiculous to solo, but I'm not combat level 90 yet so I don't get penalized for soloing yet, and I'm still figuring out the intricacies of the skill.

If you're asking if I'm dumb for thinking the enhancements are more beneficial to solo players - it's my impression that's the case, because as a solo player I have to play every role in the dungeon - keyer, resource gatherer, runner, and so inventory management seems to be a bit more important. I'm certain that you could convince me that I'm being dumb in thinking this way.

If you're asking if I'm dumb for posting anything in this thread - yes, probably.

edit: I notice that your original post was removed, but it didn't bother me and I really am interested in finding out which part of my comment you felt displayed ignorance.

Edited by Kimberly
removed quote of a rule-breaking post

Just because you still destroy ores does not categorically prove that primal does not have a better recovery rate than promethium.

And yes ring etc may give double ores and that is all very good but it is not directly relevant to the question of whether primal does or does not have a better recovery rate of ores/logs. It may answer in part whether it is worth purposefully hunting primals out, but that is not what I was questioning. I was questioning whether primal recovery rate has been proven to be equal to promethium as you implied.

Most other good dgers I've spoke too or seen posting around the forums have certainly mentioned they will be hunting for primals with this update combine that with the logic that it should be better I'm more inclined to believe it does have a better recovery rate, even if not hugely so than based on the assertions of one poster using very strange ad-hoc logic. After all how does 'primal still destroys ores' + 'promehtium has 75% recover rate' + 'ring gives good bonuses' equate to, or remotely offer proof that, 'Primal is not better at recovering ore than promethium'

Just the kind of statement I'd expect, given how meticulous the cross section of meta-gamers and DGers than form groups like DGS are, there would be researched figures on the matter that offer a reliable answer.

dgs wouldn't have an answer for that, considering they'd burn you at the stake for trying to make armor in one of their floors.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

I think I might actually get a ring of vigour now only reason i didn't before is because i just used spec every time I need to drink a dose of prayer renewal, but I can't afford claws anymore since I got cleaned staking and gave around 50m away to friends.

[hide=Account stats]
taltin_yc.png
rennn_diy.png
[/hide]

My DIY Blog

I am excited about the dungeoneering update, as I run the floors solo and it seems as though the enhancements are more beneficial to solo players than those who play in groups.

are you dumb?

I'm not sure. Can you repeat the question?

If you're asking if I'm dumb for soloing the floors - I'm low level in the skill, and trying to learn as much as I can about it before I subject myself to groups. I've probably read as much of the DGS guides and forum threads at xp-waste as half of your members. A lot of it is far, far above what I need to know right now as a level 47, but information to me is gold. I am fully aware that quicker experience in the skill is to be had by grouping, and that at higher levels it becomes ridiculous to solo, but I'm not combat level 90 yet so I don't get penalized for soloing yet, and I'm still figuring out the intricacies of the skill.

If you're asking if I'm dumb for thinking the enhancements are more beneficial to solo players - it's my impression that's the case, because as a solo player I have to play every role in the dungeon - keyer, resource gatherer, runner, and so inventory management seems to be a bit more important. I'm certain that you could convince me that I'm being dumb in thinking this way.

If you're asking if I'm dumb for posting anything in this thread - yes, probably.

edit: I notice that your original post was removed, but it didn't bother me and I really am interested in finding out which part of my comment you felt displayed ignorance.

No I asked because soloing would mean you own every single tool, chisel and key anyway. It's good that you're learning, no offence meant.

Miseryism | Completionist

Does anyone know if this shop "improvement" screwed up daily shop runs for profit?

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

I am excited about the dungeoneering update, as I run the floors solo and it seems as though the enhancements are more beneficial to solo players than those who play in groups.

are you dumb?

I'm not sure. Can you repeat the question?

No I asked because soloing would mean you own every single tool, chisel and key anyway. It's good that you're learning, no offence meant.

None taken.

Giving all players access to every key is obviously a benefit for groups; I understand that. From an inventory management standpoint, it helps me as a solo player to have those extra slots available which often are taken by keys. Stacking certain inventory items (particularly uncooked food and ore) is also tremendously helpful to me for inventory management. I need to do some skilling on just about every C6 floor, which I don't believe is the case for each member of a dungeoneering group. Finally, having to open the tool kit takes up a significant portion of my inventory, which will now be freed. I shouldn't have any storage issues at all.

Does the new shop interface by chance allow us to buy large stacks of items as notes?

Nope. I tried buying 30 items all at once and they appeared unnoted in my inventory :(

howlin1eeveesig.png

Whoever the hell thought up the idea that keys have to be stored in a noncombat interface is retarded. Simply.

Why no vial in toolbelt.

And I see we can finally mine rocks fighting Stomp now, gud1.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Yay, fishing rocktails now give shattered heart rocks and spin tickets. :thumbsup:

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Whoever the hell thought up the idea that keys have to be stored in a noncombat interface is retarded. Simply.

Why no vial in toolbelt.

And I see we can finally mine rocks fighting Stomp now, gud1.

The herblore skill door has been updated to not require a vial anymore, that's why there is no vial on the toolbelt. I can verify this, i did a quick medium and i did a herblore door without a vial. It has been posted by a j-mod for this week update thread, i think on the 5th page or something.

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

Haha. Runeshark totally predicted the keys will be in toolbelt so you can't look at them. Typical jagex.

Eh that's harsh, I'm sure they'll fix it in 2015 :D

I'm pretty amazed and happy that tools actually stay in your toolbelt over different floors. So you basically never have to create one again.

Has anyone tried adding a tool higher than their level? (Prom pickaxe with 70 mining, for example)

CNqWHdA.jpg

I can't post on the forums (it says only qualifying free players). Is this a little bug or did they remove f2p from the forums now?

How much total xp/total level do you have? I can still post despite being F2P atm, but maybe they re-raised the requirements?

I well exceed the requirements, so I doubt that's the issue.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Haha. Runeshark totally predicted the keys will be in toolbelt so you can't look at them. Typical jagex.

I'm pretty amazed and happy that tools actually stay in your toolbelt over different floors. So you basically never have to create one again.

Has anyone tried adding a tool higher than their level? (Prom pickaxe with 70 mining, for example)

I got promethium pick and hatchet to my toolbelt with lvl 80's in mining and wcing, they work well =)

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

It apparently automatically scales down to the highest tiered tool you can use, and when you meet the requirements to use it, it returns to its original effectiveness.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I couldn't give a flying gibbon-on-a-tricycle about the DG updates tbh, I can't see them making things that much faster. Congratulations to the fishers though, sounds like you're in for a much nicer time.

I CAN give a hoot about Goliath Gloves now having a percentage though <3: : No more getting three punches into the Corporeal Beast just to have them break due to the ambiguity of "Almost falling apart" :thumbsup:

sanasiggy.png

Capes: Dungeoneering, Dungeoneering (t), Defence (t), Attack (t),

Constitution (t), Quest, Soulwars (both), Fire, Tokhaar Kal

Massive thanks to [)en[)en for my signature picture.

It apparently automatically scales down to the highest tiered tool you can use, and when you meet the requirements to use it, it returns to its original effectiveness.

This is going to endlessly confuse people. Just watch...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

This is going to endlessly confuse people. Just watch...

Yeah the levels tiering mechanic is pretty simple, but bound to confuse people.

Novite 0-9 > Bathus 10-19 > Marmaros 20-29 > Kratonite 30-39 > Fractite 40-49 > Zephyrium 50-59 > Argonite 60-69 > Katagon 70-79 > Gorgonite 80-89 > Promethium 90-98 > Primal 99

Whatever tool you have on your belt will act as if it is the metal for the highest tier you can use, as shown on my little chart thingy ^

Eg Argonite Pick

Acts as Novtie 0-9

Acts as Bathus 10-19

etc.

Until 60+ It acts as Argonite

No benefit to having a higher tier tool on belt over the tier you can use, other than as you level up you won't need to swap it out for the next tier.

Basically on the tool belt if you have say 30 mining

Novite, Bathus, Marmaros, Kratonite picks = Novite, Bathus, Marmaros, Kratonite picks

Fractite, Zephyrium, Argonite, Katagon, Gorgonite, Promethium, Primal picks = Kratonite picks

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

xsLIt.png

The new shop outlook for you still in school/work.

E: The other look:

YbERc.png

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses