DIYing through Runescape

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have a ways to go before having enough tokens to purchase any worthwhile rewards...but it's nice to think ahead. I'm getting bonecrusher first, and then likely a chaotic weapon. Obviously I'm thinking long-term with respect to the weapon.

@R3nnn @GregorDGrim

Thanks for the suggestions! I don't plan on buying anything anytime soon was just curious on what would be a good purchase down the road.

Day 28

More Dungeoneering today. 10 levels in total and inching closer to that level 40 in the Melee stats, and rune/green d'hide armor.

Which means Dragon Slayer is looking like a possibility soon.

Also all skill levels were gained through Dungeoneering.

Anyway will be Dungeoneering some more tomorrow.

Skills 5/9/2012

skillsmay82012.png

Day 29

Not much to today. 5 more Dungeoneering levels. Got to Furnished today and had a horrible experience with Rammernaut.

How is it fair for someone my level to face him when he is 38 levels higher than me?

Inching ever closer to Rune equipment. Even SOF is taunting me promising Rune scimitars and 2-handers.

Enough ranting now for something awesome; at least to me.

combatlv50.png

I can't believe it has gone this fast. What took me years once has been accomplished in roughly a month.

Anyway, I might take a break tomorrow, not positive.

Skills 5/9/2012

skillsmay92012.png

@Vezon Dash

I did just that! Thanks for the suggestions, added a possible goals thing alongside it if I ever have some to put up.

Day 30

Well it turns out that I did play today, but only to check out the Bonfire update. I had that stack of Maple logs from Lost her marbles to use, so I did...

Didn't get any Spirits but did get

firemakinglv50.png

Then I thought, "This is weird having 50 Firemaking, and not 50 Woodcutting." SO

woodcuttinglv50.png

During my Woodcutting training, I decided that I would use the logs to get 50 Fletching as well, so that I have all wood related skills at least level 50.

Need 719 willow logs, have around 400 of them, so not too many to go. You could say its a goal but it isn't too long lasting to be worth adding to the front page.

So my not possible play day turned into at least a 2 hour session of wood-related training.

Oh, I got 2 Summoning levels from SOF lamps.

Skills 5/10/12

skillsmay102012.png

Day 31

Well I completed my "goal" today.

fletchinglv50.png

Only took a little while to get the additional 300 logs, and cut them. Gathered 700 or so flax and spun them, which took maybe an hour and a half.

Was it worth it?

I guess, Fletching seems to not be worth the effort in a DIYer, at least at low levels.

After that I felt like trying to get a Cosmic talisman, so I went to Rock crabs because they supposedly drop them.

Needless to say they didn't, but...

1000totallevel.png

combatlv50.png

Got those with 40 attack, which means Rune weaponry. I'm not a fan of unbalanced Melee stats so I got 40 Strength and Defence while there as well.

Bought what Rune armour I could, along with a Rune longsword.

Shortly after I took a break until double Runespan points activated, and gained 3 levels there along with a pair of Wicked bottoms.

I plan on staying there during the weekend so I can start getting points for Wicked top, staff, and possibly Esteem if I have a large extra amount.

Skills 5/10/12

skillsmay112012.png

You certainly are doing quick progress here. Congratulations on hitting the 1k total level milestone! :D

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

@swedishboy5 Thanks!

Day 32

Like I said yesterday I spent my time completely in Runespan.

Was able to get 5 Runecrafting levels, and...

2milexp.png

Weird having Runecrafting at such a high level, especially since it is my highest.

Anyway, got 20k points so far, and will continue to spend time through the next couple of days.

Skills 5/12/12

skillsmay122012.png

Day 33

Like I said, today was going to be continued Runespan madness.

Only got 1 level and 4k points due to it being Mother's Day and I was spending my day with mine and family.

Hopefully better results tomorrow.

Skills 5/13/12

skillsmay132012.png

Day 34

Not much today. A little Runespan, so that I would have 30k tokens, which gets me enough for the top, rank 4 esteem, and 75 Runecrafting.

Need to find a time to get the last 5 levels so I can actually get the top.

After I left Runespan, I really wanted to get a chaos talisman so I can start making some combat runes, and luckily my Ice Warrior task drops them.

Gained an Attack level and a Slayer level so far.

Skills 5/14/12

skillsmay142012.png

Day 35

Today was all about finishing up that slayer task.

Finished up my Ice Warrior slayer task, but I ran out of food half way so I had to go and fish/cook some.

While doing this however...

fishinglv50.pngcookinglv50.png

So that is appreciated. Also got 41 Melee stats and 32 Slayer from it.

Near the end of my trip I received a clue scroll (medium) and immediately I set off to do it.

Got a coordinates so I had to go and get the sextant, chart, and watch.

After digging it up I discovered that I needed a particular item. A Ruby amulet to be exact.

Unfortunately I need 50 Crafting to be able to make said item. So that will be my goal.

Currently cooking seaweed for soda ash to make molten glass, since that is the crafting material I have the most of.

So hopefully it won't take long, but from what I've done so far it seems like it will.

Skills 5/15/12

skillsmay152012.png

Days 36,37, and 38

Was not feeling the greatest, and mainly stayed away from all forms of technology as I lay in bed.

Day 39

Okay, I am feeling 85% better so I got back to Runescape today.

I started by completing that measly 50 Crafting goal in a matter of hours, and I can happily say that it took much less than I originally thought. Also have a ton of molten glass built up now.

Forgot to screenshot the 50 Crafting pop, but forgive me. Seeing as I was originally getting 50 Crafting for a treasure trail, I soon finished that with only map clues following.

Here 's what I got

fourthtreasuretrail5191.png

Very nice, Addy full helm (g) and 2 yew composite bows.

Because 49 Crafting is required for The Hand in the Sand, I completed that which means no more running sand. Trust me, that is one of the worst experiences I've had while playing.

Also hooked up with R3nnn and finished up Shield of Arrav, which completes all Novice quests, and only leaves Dragon Slayer as the last F2P quest.

Also rounded out the night by completing Elemental Workshop IV, and killing a few Cockroach Soldiers in hope of a Rune scimitar or square shield drop. No luck though.

It feels good to be back, and hopefully as I continue to improve health wise I will get even more done!

Skills 5/19/12

skillsmay192012.png

Quests 5/19/12

handinthesandcompleted.png

shieldofarravquestcompl.png

elementalworkshopivcomp.png

Day 40

Not as much as I would like to get today but I had an unexpected visitor.

Was able to get a few range levels from minotaurs and dwarves (hoping to get a chaos talisman drop).

Still hoping to get that chaos talisman drop I went to Cockatrices and gained a few Melee level ups.

Still sitting there hoping.

Skills 5/20/12

skillsmay202012.png

Sorry about no update yesterday but I think I am going to start updating only when I do something worth letting you all know about. On to today...

Day 42

Started off today by completing the new quest, which is amazing! Great job Jagex, and spent a few moments in the new dungeon. Got a clue scroll from the young grotworms and here was the reward.

fifthtreasuretrail52212.png

Kinda useless.

After that I went off and started on my Agility level. Spent my time at the Agility Pyramid and got to level 40 Agility. I am using some Advice Jebrim I gave, and I think he is the leading expert on Agility or something.

After that I went and got my Hanky points from the Thieves' Guild which got me 47 Thieving.

Following this I thought I would finish up my Ranged training at dwarves, getting myself to 40 Ranged.

Then I knew it was time. Time to finish it.

Dragon Slayer.

So I did. Wasn't that hard which came as a shock to me, probably took around 15 minutes in all to do.

And that was how I finished up my day in Runescape.

Skills 5/22/12

skillsmay222012.png

Quests 5/22/12

[spoiler=New Quest Reward Spoiler]songfromthedepthscomple.png

dragonslayercompleted.png

Day 43

I started today off by completing a quest. Scorpion Catcher to be exact. This lead me to complete two more Wanted! and Shades of Morton.

Shades of Morton was extremely beneficial simply because shades are my current Slayer task, so I killed a few extra while there.

A lot of the levels you do see are from the quest rewards, such as Slayer, and Herblore.

I also have secretly been training my Summoning through SOF lamps, hence why I haven't been mentioning them.

The Prayer level up is from the Relleka easy task reward lamp and the Magic level up is from Crumble Undead, though I am still attempting to get that elusive chaos talisman.

I ended my night with a trip to Runespan for this.

runecraftinglv77.png

Blood esswraiths make this somewhat quicker I suppose.

During that I also passed another experience milestone.

3milexp.png

Never have any luck getting these exactly when they are passed.

My plan now is to go about a normal Runescape day, and near the end of the day visit Runespan and get a level, so that hopefully I will have 80 Runecrafting and full Wicked Robes by Saturday. That's the plan let's hope it works.

Skills 5/23/12

skillsmay232012.png

Quests 5/23/12

scorpioncatchercomplete.png

wantedcompleted.png

tonquestcompleted.png

Day 44

Some good progress today, mainly in the quest department.

Started off the day, gaining that Runecrafting level I planned for. Only took about an hour or so.

Then after that I started Recipe for Disaster and got some of the subquests done.

After that I completed Another Slice of H.A.M. as well as Forgettable Tale...

No real skill training today, so all the levels I got came from quest rewards. But those quest rewards helped me to pass another milestone.

1100totallevel.png

So tomorrow could be one of two things, I either play very little or I try and complete some more quests. Until tomorrow I suppose.

Skills 5/24/12

skillsmay242012.png

Quests 5/24/12

Good amount of pictures!

squestcompleted.png

mountaindwarfsaved.png

goblinssaved.png

anothersliceofhamcomple.png

forgettabletaleofadrunk.png

Day 45

Today was just a continuation from yesterday. Some awesome progress!

Started today by getting to 79 Runecrafting! One more left!

After that I went on a questing rampage. Started with Garden of Tranquility, stopped so my Willow tree could grow, then completed some really quick quests such as Mountain Daughet, Tears of Guthix, and Witch's House so that I could get some branches to complete Enlightened Journey. I rounded out the night by completing Tourist Trap and Waterfall Quest.

So every single level you see with the exception of Runecrafting was gained through questing!

Now hopefully tomorrow will allow me to finish my goal of 80 Runecrafting, and then it will be followed by even more questing. Until tomorrow.

Skills 5/25/12

skillsmay252012.png

Quests 5/25/12

Warning lots of pictures

gardenoftranquillitycom.png

mountaindaughtercomplet.png

tearsofguthixcompleted.png

shousecompleted.png

enlightenedjourneyquest.png

touristtrapquestcomplet.png

waterfallquestcompleted.png

Day 46

It is done.

runecraftinglv80.pngfullwickedrobes.png

80 Runecrafting has been meet and now I finally caught up to everyone else at least in this area.

Spent much of the day getting this final level, with a lot of my free time being spent by doing some much needed yard work.

I was able to get a few odd levels, such as Construction, Hunter, and some Melee levels while killing Ice Giants.

I want to get all my levels above level 30, and only need two more levels in Construction and Summoning to reach this, so I headed out to get some charms. Apparently Ice Giants drop Greens regularly. As my luck would have it I got exactly 0 Green charms. 10 Gold and a Crimson though.

If anyone has any suggestions for charm hunting at my level please let me know!

I did get a medium Clue scroll from Ice Warriors while they were aggressive though. Quickly finished it only to be disappointed by the result.

sixthtreasuretrail52612.png

Best thing I got was a fire battle-staff; the bow is a willow composite, I'm sure you can understand my pain.

Might get 40 Hunter tomorrow because of how quick the levels will come now. Maybe not. That is for tomorrow to decide!

Skills 5/26/12

skillsmay262012.png

Day 46

When I started today, I didn't have much in mind to do. I wanted to get all my skills above level 30 which I did. Then I got another "half way" milestone.

thievinglv50.png

Got that really quickly using Thieves' Guild coshing. Somewhere around 3 levels in 15 minutes.

After that I started to think on what I should spend the rest of my day doing. I didn't really have any goals to speak of, wasn't close to any milestone levels, or levels for that matter what should I do?

Well I decided to quest today, and quest I did. In total I completed 11 quests today if you count the sub quests for Recipe for Disaster, and man was it fun!

Started out by doing The Slug Menace for Proselyte Armour. Quickly finished Kennith's Concerns later. Completed all the Recipe for Disaster subquests I could; which was Pirate Pete, Skrach, and the Lumbridge Sage.

Then I decided I wanted to see how well I could handle a "high-level" boss and decided to do Tree Gnome Stronghold. It was surprisingly easy.

Now confident in my abilities I took on Holy Grail, and destroyed that Black Knight. Wanting to continue my destruction of evil, I decided to take on Agrith-Naar in Shadow of the Storm. With my newly gained 41 Magic, he was a breeze with Protect from Magic with a little extra prayer points to spare. Coincidentally I needed Shadow of the Storm to complete Evil Dave's portion of Recipe for Disaster.

Killing Hell rats with a kitten... Not as bad as it sounds. Got the stew in about 20 minutes.

So Recipe of Disaster is getting down pretty quickly.

Wanting to get some more useful quests done, I completed The Fremennik Trials. Struggled with the Draugen at first but quickly rebounded and killed him easily. Finally to complete another really useful quest with a "high-levelled" boss, I wrapped up the night by completing Lost City.

Sorry about the dragged out descriptions but I felt I needed a deep explanation on why I did so many quests today. Really enjoyed today and I hope to get some more progress done throughout the week.

Skills 5/27/12

skillsmay272012.png

Quests 5/27/12

A lot of pictures

theslugmenacecompleted.png

sconcernscompleted.png

piratesaved.png

ogresaved.png

sagesaved.png

treegnomevillagequestco.png

holygrailquestcompleted.png

shadowofthestormcomplet.png