DIYing through Runescape

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a lot of nice progress. Congratulations on all of those recent quests and level-ups. That rc level is really nice ;) Keep spanning and you will soon be getting your first 99!

You have also got quite a few nice clue rewards. You're having much more luck with those than me...I usually always get clues like that nature rune and meerkat one :P

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

@Blake

I'm glad you liked the update, might want to think of doing "story lines" for my Runescape days then.

@Swedishboy5

Thanks for the support. Going to avoid Runespan for awhile though. Too much and it will become extremely boring.

Day 47

Today was an beautiful day in Gielinor, perfect for just laying around with everyone's favorite pet, the cat.

So calm and furry, only occasionally wanting a fish or two and a nice rub on the belly. So why did Jagex ruin this great feeling with such a horrible quest?

If you don't know what I'm talking about, then I should let you know that today I did Icthlarin's Little Helper. Early in the blog I completed my most hated quest Sheep Herder, but this one gives it a run for its money.

Anyone who has done it knows what a pain this quest can be. The storyline isn't the problem, but the game-play is gut-wrenching. I don't know how many times I failed a trap, or fell jumping over that accursed pit.

Anyway, I got through it and felt that I didn't want to put away my cat just yet. So I completed the two other Cat quests, A Tail of Two Cats and Ratcatchers. The latter wasn't a problem and finished it really quickly and easily. Ratcatchers was easy until I realized I probably couldn't complete a specific part with a kitten. So I had to raise it a bit. And I always raise my cats when fishing, just seems natural. So I pull out my lobster pot and get 52 Fishing, 53 Cooking, and an older cat. After it aged up, the rest of the quest was a breeze. By the way, the cat is staying in the bank for awhile. Don't want to think about that Cat Raising medal right now. On a side note I passed 100 quests complete with Ratcatchers!

After that I wanted to get one more quest in, and the one on the top of my list was In Search of the Myreque. As I enjoyed doing the Myreque quests the first time, I figured I should get a start on them. Not much of a problem, and the quest was really enjoyable. One of the better quests/quest series in my opinion.

Tomorrow, I will complete In Aid of the Myreque, maybe get further on in the Myreque quest chain if possible. So today started out pretty horrendous, but overall was a good day for completing some quests.

Skills 5/28/2012

skillsmay282012.png

Quests 5/28/2012

slittlehelpercompleted.png

atailoftwocatscompleted.png

theratcatcherscompleted.png

insearchofthemyrequecom.png

Day 48

So I may have lied yesterday. I didn't complete In Aid of the Myreque. Didn't really play much at all to be truthful. I did gain some levels today however.

First off I gained some Dungeoneering levels while watching a stream of the Queen Black Dragon. Looks really awesome but I doubt I will be able to do it at all. Combat has never been my strong suit. Always preferred to sit back and relax while playing, and you can't always do that while combating monsters.

I did however reach another "halfway" milestone and of course contrary to what I just said it was Attack.

attacklv50.png

A little after I broke the 4 million experience milestone after completing a dungeon.

4milexp.png

Because of my lack luster form, and my obsession with equal combat stats I had to have 50 Strength and Defence as well. So I headed off to complete my shades task at Morton. Gained a Slayer level and the 2 "halfway" milestones.

strengthlv50.pngdefencelv50.png

Got a werewolf task after that, so it seems Morytania is a popular slaying destination as of late.

Decided instead to train my Ranged so that it will get to level 50 as well. Wanted to try out Fire Giants, but couldn't find the right safe spot so I instead went to the Combat Training Ground to kill some Ogres. Did gain a Ranged level at Fire Giants though.

So sorry about not completing In Aid like I promised, just didn't feel like putting a lot of focus in to my playing today.

Skills 5/29/12

skillsmay292012.png

Day 49

Today was just an extension of yesterday's training. Left ogres to go and range werewolves. 100 experience per kill is pretty awesome. Drops aren't usually that great but on a rare occasion they can be just what is needed.

runehelmdrop.png

Extremely happy about that! Also was able to get another halfway milestone too.

constitutionlv50.png

Slayer leveled up to 39, and Ranged to 47 during this task.

Next task was Otherworldly Beings, so I decided I would mage them, since that is their weakness. Got an uncut diamond drop, a few rune drops, and a Magic level so far but that is about it so far.

Sorry for not much today, but it has been that kind of day.

Skills 5/30/12

skillsmay302012.png

Day 50

Sorry but not much today. Completed other worldy beings task, which got me 40 Slayer, and 48 Magic. Next task was Killerwatts and went to Range them and got completely destroyed. After that I didn't play until around Day reset. That was when I got this.

largeexplamp.png

First rare SOF spin. Kinda funny, I only got around 2.3k exp for Summoning and I can get that from medium lamps in almost every other skill, and a small for Runecrafting.

Not much but still something I suppose.

Skills 5/31/12

skillsmay312012.png

Day 51

Today was all about the Mad May reward. As I'm sure you are all aware, the item doubles earned experience up to 250k bonus experience. Before I knew this I was going to use it on Summoning, but there is a problem. I don't train Summoning conventionally, so it would be near impossible to train it with the bonus. I instead choose to train Agility with it. So I head off to the desert to do some runs of the Agility pyramid til around 45ish or so.

I then headed over to Xuan to pick up the Surefooted aura with my 5k additional Loyalty points, and took a boat to Brimhaven to work at the Agility course there for 20 minutes. And by work I mean doing the Spinning blade trap over and over again for those 20 minutes. This gets me to 47 Agility. Needing a new course I head over to the Barbarian course.

Now the experience felt sluggish with what I was used to for the Agility pyramid so I quickly moved. There was one upside to going there though. I ran into someone.

kingduffy.png

Number 8 is doing Agility.

Now I know this may not be that impressive but it's the first time I spotted a top ranked player in my long, long history of playing Runescape. I still remember when he was number one for a time.

Anyway, I headed back to the Agility pyramid and gain a few levels. I broke the 50 milestone while there, as well as the 1200 Total level one in the process. Kept going to level 52 for the Wilderness course.

agilitylv50.png

1200totallevel.png

Getting to the course however was tons of fun. Ran into a couple of pkers at the lever and we had some nice chats until they realized they weren't gaining anything by killing me over and over again. Nice guys though.

Got to the course and stayed there for much of the rest of my Runescape time. Got 57 Agility and plan to use the rest of my necklace with Agility which will get me to 67 I believe.

On a side note got my second rare SOF spin today. Jagex must of increased the odds a lot with the new update.

raresofdrop.png

So fun times today, good experience gains, and more to come in the future.

Skills 6/1/12

skillsjune12012.png

Sorry about no updates for the past couple of days. Haven't had much time to play and honestly I've been thinking about this account.

While I love this playstyle I really want to go back to the traditional style of play at least for a little while. So for about a month or two I will be ceasing play time on this account and going back to Artigiano.

I am not abandoning this account by any means, I am just taking a extended break from it.

Thank you to everyone who has followed my progress and I will be back in two month's time.