Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2012 U.S. Elections - President Obama Re-elected

• Please log in to reply
638 replies to this topic

lordkafei
[ Display Name History ]

lordkafei

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,123 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Kafei Nation
Posted Image

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Range_This11
[ Display Name History ]

Range_This11

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,427 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
That cartoon is the first image that comes up in a search for "obamacare cartoon" on Google. Congratulations on adding to the discussion.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Ginger_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Ginger_Warrior

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,044 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN '07:CN G Warrior
He didn't even win Florida, let alone Ohio. Incredible. I said before in this thread that Romney's campaign was possibly the worst I've ever seen, from cradle to finish, and having looked at the results, I stick by that. The Republicans need to take a long, hard look at themselves before the next election. Is the Tea Party in control of this ship or not? They seem to have a lot of influence in candidate selection and policy, but in reality, they occupy relatively few seats. Too many times, there's been mixed messages and internal strife coming out of that party.

Donnie
[ Display Name History ]

Donnie

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 346 posts
tea party is not significantly different then most republicans. They may be screaming anti-spending but have no plans to actually do anything but cut perceived increases on spending like Romney did.

tea party republicans tend to support all the bullshit that wont succeed in a general election. Such as anti-abortion and gay marriage.

The Dark Lord
[ Display Name History ]

The Dark Lord

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,517 posts
  • Clan:S.W.A.G.
Hey Republicans, let's quit going to college in order to protest against the election results! What will the world do without having smart people?
SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Omar
[ Display Name History ]

Omar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,722 posts
Partisanship isn't smart either. Not all Republicans are reactionary idiots: http://www.huffingto..._b_2094675.html

On this whole fiscal cliff problem:
http://gregmankiw.bl...m-rich.html?m=1
Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can
Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?
Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?
Camera guy: still laughing
Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy
Camera guy: runs away still laughing
Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down
Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!
Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

lordkafei
[ Display Name History ]

lordkafei

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,123 posts
  • RSN:Kafei Nation

That cartoon is the first image that comes up in a search for "obamacare cartoon" on Google. Congratulations on adding to the discussion.

Discussion? I thought this thread had become just a circle jerk for BHO.

A remarkable number of states are not going to participate in the Medicaid expansion or are leaning towards not participating.

http://www.huffingto...html?ref=topbar

But at least a half-dozen governors say they simply won't go along with the law. When the Supreme Court upheld Obamacare in June, justices ruled states could opt out of the Medicaid expansion. The decision threatens to leave 3 million of the poorest Americans without health coverage, the Congressional Budget Office predicts.

That’s right... the same Supreme Court ruling that refused to overturn Obamacare also allows states to opt out of the Medicaid expansion.

Is it any wonder Obamacare is being called the “mother of all unfunded mandates”...?

http://tncampaignfor...caid-expansion/

The United States Supreme Court ruled in June that Congress can deny the expansion funds but not all Medicaid funds. Now states have an option whether or not to expand their Medicaid programs.

Under the Act, Congress promised to pay 100% of the Medicaid expansion funds in the first few years but only 90% of the funds in future years. Given the $16 trillion debt owed by the federal government, it is doubtful that the federal government will fulfill even its 90% promise in future years.

"Tennessee taxpayers simply cannot afford the long-term financial burden of expanding our Medicaid rolls,” said Durham. "This is one of those times in which legislators must exercise fiscal responsibility and tell the federal government, ‘Thanks, but no thanks.’"

A similar sentiment was stated in July by Senator Lamar Alexander: "If I were governor of Tennessee, I would not expand Medicaid as the program is currently run." Former Democratic Governor Phil Bredesen described ObamaCare as "the mother of all unfunded mandates" and said it would cost Tennessee taxpayers over $1 billion in the next five years.

Not all Democrats are from that godawful Northeastern lineage. There are still a few Blue Dogs around.

I am thankful I live in one of those Red States that actually voted for fiscal responsibility this past week.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Range_This11
[ Display Name History ]

Range_This11

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,427 posts
The fact that you posted a clearly partisan political cartoon instead of a well-formulated argument just to troll the thread was my point.

States should be able to opt out of anything. You won't hear any argument against that from me.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

The_Gabe
[ Display Name History ]

The_Gabe

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,503 posts
  • RSN '07:The_Gabe555

Discussion? I thought this thread had become just a circle jerk for BHO.

A remarkable number of states are not going to participate in the Medicaid expansion or are leaning towards not participating.

http://www.huffingto...html?ref=topbar

But at least a half-dozen governors say they simply won't go along with the law. When the Supreme Court upheld Obamacare in June, justices ruled states could opt out of the Medicaid expansion. The decision threatens to leave 3 million of the poorest Americans without health coverage, the Congressional Budget Office predicts.

That's right... the same Supreme Court ruling that refused to overturn Obamacare also allows states to opt out of the Medicaid expansion.

Is it any wonder Obamacare is being called the "mother of all unfunded mandates"...?

http://tncampaignfor...caid-expansion/

The United States Supreme Court ruled in June that Congress can deny the expansion funds but not all Medicaid funds. Now states have an option whether or not to expand their Medicaid programs.

Under the Act, Congress promised to pay 100% of the Medicaid expansion funds in the first few years but only 90% of the funds in future years. Given the $16 trillion debt owed by the federal government, it is doubtful that the federal government will fulfill even its 90% promise in future years.

"Tennessee taxpayers simply cannot afford the long-term financial burden of expanding our Medicaid rolls," said Durham. "This is one of those times in which legislators must exercise fiscal responsibility and tell the federal government, 'Thanks, but no thanks.'"

A similar sentiment was stated in July by Senator Lamar Alexander: "If I were governor of Tennessee, I would not expand Medicaid as the program is currently run." Former Democratic Governor Phil Bredesen described ObamaCare as "the mother of all unfunded mandates" and said it would cost Tennessee taxpayers over $1 billion in the next five years.

Not all Democrats are from that godawful Northeastern lineage. There are still a few Blue Dogs around.

I am thankful I live in one of those Red States that actually voted for fiscal responsibility this past week.

I've met Lamar Alexander before since I am from Tennessee.

I'm just looking forward to the 2016 elections now.
Posted Image

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Ginger_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Ginger_Warrior

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,044 posts
Not all areas of the UK have the same access to NHS treatment either. The system isn't funded by local authority, but budgets are organised locally. I'm reasonably sure every country with a health service allows for local variations. You're not arguing against anything new here when you say the Supreme Court judged that states can opt out.

stevepole
[ Display Name History ]

stevepole

Ace of Spades

• Members
  • 8,477 posts
I guess there are 20 states that have petitions to secede from the US. I'm kind of surprised it hasn't got as much media attention (I could only find a legit article on BBC News) as I would think it should, even though it's still a very minor minority of citizens that have signed the petitions but still.
Posted Image

Ginger_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Ginger_Warrior

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,044 posts
Probably because it's barely a news story. Texas is the biggest petition right now; it has just over 25,000 signatures in an overwhelmingly Republican state where nine million votes were cast during the 2008 Presidential election. So... 0.27%, or about one in four hundred, of a very favourable electorate bothered to sign just how much they hate Obama?

Interestingly, they're citing airport checks as the abuse of Americans' rights rather than any specific issue that Romney was campaigning on.

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts
These things happen after every election.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

stevepole
[ Display Name History ]

stevepole

Ace of Spades

• Members
  • 8,477 posts
I know this stuff happens, but I've never seen it get this kind of attention before.
Posted Image

jasignhagj
[ Display Name History ]

jasignhagj

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,183 posts
If I were American I'd probably sign one of those just for fun. I'm curious as to when/if they'll get a response. On another note, looks like the Democrats will end up with 201 house seats, for a net gain of eight. Probably the best they'll do this decade with all the gerrymandering in states like Pennsylvania and Ohio.

Range_This11
[ Display Name History ]

Range_This11

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,427 posts
Redistricting kept a lot of congressional Republicans in office this election. Michelle Bachmann being one of them.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

Omar
[ Display Name History ]

Omar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,722 posts
On that topic:
http://www.economist...otersuppression
I'm unsure I understand the part about reform not being desirable, and I don't see why Democrats would not decide to gerrymander to their advantage in 2020.
Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can
Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy
Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

jasignhagj
[ Display Name History ]

jasignhagj

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,183 posts
2020 is a presidential election year, hopefully Democrats can take back a bunch of state legislatures and gerrymander in their favor.

Omar
[ Display Name History ]

Omar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,722 posts
I know. The article's point towards the end is that if there's going to be fair representation, the Democrats need to win a bunch and threaten to gerrymander if an independent redistricting committee isn't appointed. My point was that the Democrats would probably just gerrymander in their own favour, which wouldn't really fix the problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users