Range_This11

2012 U.S. Elections - President Obama Re-elected

Presidential Election  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Which Candidate Will You Vote For?

• Mitt Romney
    • Barack Obama
    • Other (For all you Ron Paulers)

Wise men talk of facts, fools talk of factcheckers.

Proverbs 22:85

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Wise men talk of facts, fools talk of factcheckers.

Proverbs 22:85

Have my babies

obfuscator 1:1

• Like 3

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I wanted to slap that moderator. It's a bit sad that the past 3 moderators have all been Liberals. Candy completely interrupted Romney and gave an incorrect fact MID FREAKING DEBATE. You cannot insert yourself into a presidential debate, stupid woman.

They were liberals in the same way Obama is a liberal, i.e. only when compared to conservatives.

TANSTAAFL

Tennesseean Endorses Romney

Time for another change

Gov. Romney: This endorsement was not an easy decision. You owe the American people more details about how you will keep taxes low, preserve social programs and build up the military, all while reducing the debt. You must be your own man, and not kowtow to special interests whose millions helped propel you to the Republican nomination.

Be the man who governed Massachusetts, and youll reunite America.

The Tennesseean traditionally endorses Democratic candidates, and is considered to be a left-leaning newspaper.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Why aren't we talking about what they actually stand for? We're talking about moderators and politeness when, actually, there's some real and very serious issues at hand. Isn't that a bit pretentious?

I am wondering the same thing. It's sort of like the media, which doesn't cover anything of importance because if its important, most people either find it too boring to pay attention to, or can't understand it anyway. Instead we elect based on who can talk trash about the other, because what the candidate did 10 years ago matters. I'd like to start the election season with a criminal record check made public so we can see how they moved through any life of crime (or just take a guess at how good they are at not getting caught), make sure they aren't part of a fanatical religion (quite frankly, I prefer to my politicians to be atheists as part of separation of church and state), and then put a moritoriam on schoolyard antics.

Also, why is your election season still so insanely long? It's bad enough having policy dictated by getting elected in 4 years (rather than what is good in the long run) without a 6 month election season. I grasp why it used to need to be so long, but seeing as we sort of invented air transportation since the founding of america, I would have thought at some point you guys would you know, make it short enough for people to pay attention to, and use less money. Just doesn't make any sense to me.

Last debate over. Moderator did a decent job.

Other people's thoughts?

E: Time - President spoke for 42:11, Governor spoke for 41:30. Interesting that the incumbents spoke longer during all 4 debates.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

They pretty much agreed on everything in the first third of the debate. Obama won, though.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

I think the President had a few more digs in at Romney, but in the end Romney accomplished what he wanted to accomplish: not screw up. Romney agreeing with the President made it difficult for the President to contrast and make his foreign policy look better - in effect neutralizing any advantage he may have.

Romney looked more like an incumbent President than Mr. Obama. I doubt this debate will shift opinion in the polls.

♪♪ And I'm not done

I didn't watch tonight's debate. From what I saw yesterday, it looked like the discussion was primarily on foreign policy which was brought up quite a bit in the previous debates. I didn't think I needed to sit through another debate listening to the same things rehashed.

If anyone has any decent videos or articles that are worth checking out that aren't overly biased, please share.

tFtfA.jpg

I thought Romney came out slightly better on the economy, if not necessarily in terms of future direction, but because the economy is just so poor right now, and that made it very easy to discredit Obama's handling of it. The only exception to that was the part about spending on the Navy, the "we don't have as many horses and bayonets either" line was a good soundbite which seemed to put Romney on the back foot from thereon on the issue. Obama came out on top in the foreign policy section quite easily, though.

The post debate snaps seemed to give Obama a significant lead (8 points to Obama was the most favourable I have seen to Romney). That's not good news for him given the debate took place in a state he really has to win.

#neither2012

Im not sure what makes people prefer one or the other, probably some of the campaign promises they make but in practice they will do the same exact thing once in office.

No one can tell me that Obama 08-12 was significantly different then if it was Bush 08-12. Bear in mind I include socialized healthcare in that, because the republicans used to support nationalized healthcare in the 90's and democrats were the ones opposed to it.

Then vote for someone you think will make a difference. They might not stand a chance of winning, but that's democracy. No point [bleep]ing about the top two candidates if you're not willing to back someone you think would represent you better.

Obama won again, and I thought Romney looked weak and stuttered far more than normal, while the president was a lot clearer and forceful than he normally is. Tomorrows tracking polls should be interesting.

As I am supposed to take part on the nationally televised showing on 7th of November, could someone make a short summary of what was spoken of in the last debate and who supported what?

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

#RomneyRyan2012 (Meeting Mitt on Saturday!)

My take on this on is a little different than the others. First of all, every Presidential candidate is going to say we need a strong military (actually weird hearing the dems say that now), agree on the use of drones, agree that we are better off with Bin Laden dead, etc. Those are easy softballs that I knew both would say. What I found interesting was their behavior, Obama seemed like the challenger this time, did not appear Presidential, and seems like he was trying to draw Romney into saying something he might regret, I am beginning to sense a bit a desperation. Romney definitely appeared more Presidential than Obama. He stated his positions, and refused the fighting bait Obama was desperately tossing at him. I was proud of the way Romney stood above the childish name calling and focused on how he would fix our country.

Get a BIGGER Navy! 318+ Ships is whats needed & saying there would be less than that :mad: :?

Edited by Matt258

Level 99 Skills 28/28 200M exp Skills 4/28
Going for 200M All Skills. [qfc]48-49-837-63099395[/qfc]

@Matt258RS Twitch: Matt258RS

Whatpulse
My Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook ProfitCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

On 12/23/2011 at 4:39 PM, 'Jebrim' said:

But don't even begin to think that I think I'm better than you all simply because I've done 7.6k+ hours of Agility or because I have tens of thousands of fans.

Then vote for someone you think will make a difference. They might not stand a chance of winning, but that's democracy. No point [bleep]ing about the top two candidates if you're not willing to back someone you think would represent you better.

2 party system doesn't allow that.

Gary Johnson is probably the best choice. But a 2 party system makes it impossible for people to even hear his name, let alone get used to his policies.

2 party system doesn't allow that.

Gary Johnson is probably the best choice. But a 2 party system makes it impossible for people to even hear his name, let alone get used to his policies.

I agree there are flaws in the Electoral College system. One thing I have never been able to wrap my head around is why there isn't a "third party" in US politics for those who are disenfranchised from both main parties. Third parties seldom ever achieve any substantial power, but their existence puts pressure on the other two to adapt their policies. Additionally, I think it has made US politics very polarised, and in recent years, I think that's made the elections almost hateful, especially in 2008, which I don't think is particularly beneficial for anyone. When Bristol Palin became pregnant, it might have been a contradiction of her own personal beliefs and the beliefs of her mother, but did it really matter in terms of what McCain or Obama would have done in office? It still got played out in the media.

#RomneyRyan2012 (Meeting Mitt on Saturday!)

My take on this on is a little different than the others. First of all, every Presidential candidate is going to say we need a strong military (actually weird hearing the dems say that now), agree on the use of drones, agree that we are better off with Bin Laden dead, etc. Those are easy softballs that I knew both would say. What I found interesting was their behavior, Obama seemed like the challenger this time, did not appear Presidential, and seems like he was trying to draw Romney into saying something he might regret, I am beginning to sense a bit a desperation. Romney definitely appeared more Presidential than Obama. He stated his positions, and refused the fighting bait Obama was desperately tossing at him. I was proud of the way Romney stood above the childish name calling and focused on how he would fix our country.

Get a BIGGER Navy! 318+ Ships is whats needed & saying there would be less than that :mad: :?

Three points:

1) What names was Obama calling Romney?

2) In what way were they childish?

3) Who claims the US Navy needs no less than 318 ships? Also, what types of ship specifically does the Navy need to achieve all of its aims under US foreign policy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVSfw5TPkos

As funny as the comment might have been (I thought it became pretty condescending), it seems Obama may be the one that doesn't understand the military.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/in-defense-of-bayonets-horses-5-problems-with-the-presidents-zinger-last-night/

♪♪ And I'm not done

Any claim that the American navy is too small is ridiculous. The American armed forces could easily win a defensive war against every other country on Earth (excluding nuclear weapons), largely because of their massive navy.

EDIT: Shamelessly stolen from Reddit:

FtwAM.gif

Apparently donald trump will donate 5m to charity if obama releases his college records and some other crap. Can't believe he's still flogging that dead horse lol. And even if obama was born in kenya it's a stupid rule in the first place.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Why anyone continues to waste their time and money on trying to prove Obama was born in Kenya is beyond me.

• Like 1

tFtfA.jpg

Why anyone continues to waste their time and money on trying to prove Obama was born in Kenya is beyond me.

I think Trump wants to show that Obama was a poor student.

♪♪ And I'm not done

Romney wasn't a great student behaviour-wise either: http://www.bostonglo...ry.html?camp=pm

It's completely irrelevant to Romney's campaign though. If he makes a good President, if he makes a bad President, his college record is neither here or there.

Apparently donald trump will donate 5m to charity if obama releases his college records and some other crap. Can't believe he's still flogging that dead horse lol. And even if obama was born in kenya it's a stupid rule in the first place.

I hope he does it and makes Trump look like more of an idiot than he already is. In fact, he should agree to do it if Romney releases his tax returns.

On another note, Obama gained 2 in the Gallup tracking poll and RAND tracking poll, 1 in the IBD/TIPP poll, and held in the Rasmussen poll. This is the first day including post-debate results.