2012 U.S. Elections - President Obama Re-elected

Range_This11

Presidential Election  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Which Candidate Will You Vote For?

• Mitt Romney
    • Barack Obama
    • Other (For all you Ron Paulers)

Well, it's nice to know that humans have managed major government reform at least once without a war. It's also encouraging that it was a republic that did it. I can't say I have had many chances to observe how democratic nations handle that sort of thing (doesn't seem to come up much). And history has never been my strong suit.

I think they went through 23 different governments in two years during the 4th though.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

For every vote that Romney gets because "Obsama is a terrorist", there'll be one for Obama because "Romeny is KKK".

I like to hope that all the stupid will cancel itself out.

Also: The first New Hampshire town to vote came out as a tie 5-5 (it had a population of 10).

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

For every vote that Romney gets because "Obsama is a terrorist", there'll be one for Obama because "Romeny is KKK".

Romney is definitely not part of the KKK, nor does he represent anything about it, or its values; any reasonable person can see that. Any reasonable person can also see that Obama does not support terrorist or Islamist activity.

Is it perhaps reasonable, though, to suggest that beliefs held by certain extreme elements inside the Tea Party are a throwback to the KKK? Is there any real difference between saying, "I'm not sure if I'll vote for him because he's black" and "I'm not sure if I'll vote for him because he's a Muslim"? (Which Obama isn't anyway, but hypothetically speaking if he were)

One's discrimination based on race, the other is on religion. Apart from that, I see no difference at all.

I think that personal beliefs are a perfectly valid consideration for voting, and by extension religion can certainly come into play.

You are attempting to elect the person who will best represent the interests of the largest portion of the country, and having someone with similar values would seem to be a good thing. By no means does every member of any religion or denomination have the same values, but many people do see it that way.

I also prefer not to have any religious considerations in the same room where the laws are made as a point of general principle.

Tomorrow, in the morning, I am supposed to wake up at 5 AM to listen your American embassador babbling and commenting about the elections live in our national broadcasting centre...

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Then again there are definitely people who won't vote for Romney due to him being a Mormon.

One of the reasons I won't be voting for Romney is because of 9/11. We're just not ready to have a person belonging to his religion in our White House.

The Democrats are going to have an early lead, and then the Republicans are going to get off work.

[spoiler=All in a good day's work]l8JJG.jpg

Amen, brother! Even though I don't agree with your radical liberal views, at least we share some common ground. Bob Dole.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Fascinating polling analysis from Florida. Obama and Romney doing even better than the Democrats and Republicans did with young people and whites respectively. It's becoming very apparent that they've spent a massive amount of their campaigns on making their own political bases very solid.

It does make a mockery of those who claim this election has been too bipartisan, though. This election is very apparently divisive.

Wish I lived in Ohio or Florida.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

lolz...was watching election coverage at the bar with some buddies. Was a large group of probama hipsters cheering whenever a dem senate victory was announced.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Calling it, Obama has this. We don't even need to see California's votes.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.