24-April-2012 - Fremennik Sagas II + Quest Reward Spins

Saradomin_Mage

Those making their way into Daemonheim’s depths can now experience two new Fremennik Sagas:

Thok Your Block Off

Following on from their adventures in Thok It To ‘Em, Thok and Marmaros are starting to make real headway into Daemonheim. Thok’s manly pride is in jeopardy as Marmaros has thrown down the gauntlet: whoever gets the most kills on their current dungeon floor is officially the best brother of the two. To make matters worse, Thok’s lost his favourite sword! You’ll control Thok as he marauds through the dungeon, packing only his furious fists and aiming to emerge the winner in this fraternal fracas.

Completing the saga will earn you a sizeable chunk of Dungeoneering XP, as well as some Dungeoneering tokens. Those fully exploring every locked room and beating Marmaros at his own game will experience the full ending, and will earn a bicep-flexing amount of Strength XP on top of the initial reward.

How to start Thok Your Block Off:

Find the Rock and Twine Bundle within Daemonheim, and then speak to Skaldrun on Daemonheim Peninsula. You will only be able to find the item if you meet the following requirements:

65 Dungeoneering

You must be a current RuneScape member.

The item can only be found on the first set of occult floors (36-40).

You’ll need to have completed Thok It To ‘Em before you’ll be able to start Thok Your Block Off, although you’ll still be able to find the Rock and Twine Bundle if you haven’t, as long as you meet the other requirements.

To complete the unabridged version of the saga, you will also need the following:

75 Strength

Nadir

The enigmatic Moia has been tasked with tracking down the missing Mahjarrat Bilrach. Her long search has led her to Daemonheim, where rumours abound that the citadel’s overlord (known to its inhabitants as “Bill”) has disappeared deep into the darkness below. Use Moia’s unique abilities to masquerade as the various inhabitants of the stronghold and to infiltrate Daemonheim, unlocking the hidden depths of her power and uncovering the shadowy secrets at the fortress’s heart.

Getting Moia to her goal in one piece will earn you Dungeoneering XP and tokens. Gathering all the information that you can from the inhabitants of Daemonheim and using this to slip in unhindered will earn you yet more Dungeoneering XP and tokens, as well as a choice of Attack or Thieving XP.

How to start Nadir:

Obtain the Damaged Device within Daemonheim, and then speak to Skaldrun on Daemonheim Peninsula. You will only be able to find the item if you meet the following requirements:

30 Dungeoneering

You must be a current RuneScape member.

The item can only be found on the first set of furnished floors (18-22).

To complete the unabridged saga, you must also meet the following requirements:

55 Dungeoneering

45 Thieving

60 Attack

Mod Giragast

In Other News

If you haven’t already, be sure to take a look at our latest Lores & Histories story, The Rimebound Letters, which gives three first-hand accounts of Daemonheim shortly after Bilrach’s descent.

The Easter 2012 event has now been removed from the game.

As promised, we’re now giving spins on the Squeal of Fortune with every quest completed, for free players and members alike.

From today onwards, whenever you complete any quest listed here, you will receive 2 spins – in addition to the ordinary quest reward, of course - added directly onto your count of earned spins.

Any quest found in your quest list that you’ve either not started (displayed in red) or not completed (displayed in yellow) is eligible to earn you spins. You’ll still get spins for completing newer versions of quests that we’ve replaced (such as Gunnar’s Ground, or the new versions of Wolf Whistle, Druidic Ritual and Death Plateau), even if you’ve completed the old versions. However, you won’t get spins for completing unlisted mini-quests (such as Alfred Grimhand’s Bar Crawl), for claiming post-quest rewards (such as Tears of Guthix), or for completing Fremennik Sagas.

If you’ve yet to delve into questing, it’s a better time than ever to start. There are hundreds of hours of story-based content on offer with some awesome rewards, and now more spins as icing on the cake. Take a look here for ideas of where to find an adventure to suit you. Even if you’re an experienced conqueror of quests, there’s now more reason than ever to clear up the ones you never got around to finishing, and perhaps even to aim for the quest point cape.

Don’t forget: while free players have access to 19 quests, becoming a RuneScape member opens up over 160 members-only quests, along with a range of other amazing content.

For reasons related to the balance of the RuneScape economy, we’re unable to retroactively offer spins for quests already completed. Keep an eye out for new quest content in the coming months, though.

[spoiler=Patch Notes]

Graphical:

Dungeoneering start room portals are now using the correct bloom brightness values.

Junior Cadet Nirol's chathead is no longer covered by a dark shadow.

Skills & Minigames:

The Dominion Tower glove degrade percentages are no longer backwards when checked anywhere between 1% to 99%.

Fremennik Saga locations are no longer placed down on top of pressure plates in the ferret Dungeoneering room.

The bakriminel bolt bleed effect is now cancelled upon leaving a Castle Wars game.

Storm of Armadyl now correctly lights up in the Magic interface in Stealing Creation when the player has some catalytic runes.

Un-noting ores at the Blast Furnace using Ordan now correctly costs money.

Other:

A couple of chickens have been placed near to the Zanaris entrance of the Black Dragon lair.

Wolpertingers no longer stop players from clearing dead Farming bush patches.

Shop information no longer states weapon strength bonuses as 10 times too large.

The bulwark beast can now be attacked using Ranged attacks once his armour has been destroyed.

Wearing the Flash Powder Factory gear to gain experience from adding herbs to vials is now counted as Herblore by the Jack of Trades aura.

The "You create a larger dose of potion" message from wearing Flash Powder Factory equipment is now filtered as spam.

The "Client token failure" login message has been updated to give more information on what the player needs to do to log in.

Players can no longer sail to Entrana wearing restricted capes, considering they would be taken off of Entrana as soon as they arrived with one.

It is no longer possible to walk through walls using the Clan Theatre's "Dramatic Death" emote.

Linza no longer refers to the player being able to smith claws after Death Plateau, since they can now smith claws regardless of the quest being completed.

It is no longer possible to telegrab rocks underwater.

Some invisible blocking in the Wizards Guild has been removed.

The Clan Camp meeting tent ledger now includes the Organiser, Coordinator and Overseer ranks.

We've removed some "set" objects from the Grand Exchange. The current version of the Grand Exchange allows all items listed to determine their own price, but some of these sets were struggling to follow the price of their components, leading to scamming, and feedback from you about the discrepencies. We've kept the ones that are useful for basic armour on the GE, but removed some of the more collectable trail type sets. You can still create, trade in, trade player to player and store in your bank those set items that are removed from the Grand Exchange. Any outstanding offers will be cancelled. The guide prices of the sets will be updated to more closely resemble the components of the set with the next game update.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

" For reasons related to the balance of the RuneScape economy, were unable to retroactively offer spins for quests already completed."

So, they can sell hundreds of spins, but they can't give questers 300? Nice one.

Looking forward to the sagas, though!

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

Looking forward to trying the sagas out later today. |^_^|

For reasons related to the balance of the RuneScape economy, we're unable to retroactively offer spins for quests already completed. Keep an eye out for new quest content in the coming months, though.

The economy? THE ECONOMY? Don't make me laugh. The economy never stopped them from selling spins. They just dont want to give everyone with a quest cape 362 free spins.

" For reasons related to the balance of the RuneScape economy, we’re unable to retroactively offer spins for quests already completed."

So, they can sell hundreds of spins, but they can't give questers 300? Nice one.

Waiting forward to the sagas, though!

And yet, somehow, changing the value of climbing boots was just a "little drop in the ocean".

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

No retrograde spins for quests = epic fail.

1) If it would mess economy surely you should not be selling hundreds of spins?!?!

2) Your great new 'reward' is actually punishing anyone who bothered to do quests prior to today.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

For reasons related to the balance of the RuneScape economy, we’re unable to retroactively offer spins for quests already completed. Keep an eye out for new quest content in the coming months, though.

This is how I looked if you could see my face while reading today's update logs:

zYrxi.gif

Jagex, if you're going to lie, at least try not to be as transparent. Or better yet, don't say anything at all. You've never explained yourself before to the community, why start now.

Mfw Jagex:

[hide]7Jqno.gif[/hide]

Edited by Kimberly
I love me sum gifs, yo.

hzvjpwS.gif

I was excited...then I saw the silly disclaimer. But wait, I can just create and subscribe a new account so I can get those lovely 362 x 50gp spins!

:thumbdown:

Sagas are always cool though :)

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

For reasons related to the balance of the RuneScape economy, were unable to retroactively offer spins for quests already completed. Keep an eye out for new quest content in the coming months, though.

The economy? THE ECONOMY? Don't make me laugh. The economy never stopped them from selling spins. They just dont want to give everyone with a quest cape 362 free spins.

If you put it through their bullshit filter it basically says:

LOL LET'S REWARD EVERYONE BUT OUR VETERAN PLAYERS, ITS NOT AS IF THEY'RE THE REASON WE STILL EXIST TROLOLOLOLOL.

Sylpheed.png

For reasons related to the balance of the RuneScape economy, we're unable to retroactively offer spins for quests already completed. Keep an eye out for new quest content in the coming months, though.

Seems obvious to me. The 18k I would get from 362x50gp spins would absolutely kill the economy.

While it sucks that we wont get quest spins back, whats 300 spins, like 500k xp? Depending on the skill people would be using it on it doesn't exactly help the economy.

Then again, why give us 300 free spins when they could sell us them.

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

I do not regret having a quest cape. Because lets face it. [bleep] SoF.

Sagas?

meh. LETS DOET.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Another very stupid move to do with this very stupid wheel.

Who woulda guessed it.

Not I. I for one have absolute faith in our overlords Jagex.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

In my experience you get about as much gp in Rune Items as you do xp from lamps. If you get 500k xp in lamps then you would get around that in Rune Items.

For every player that has a quest cape you would be introducing 500k per person all at once.

I can see how it sounds logical to Jagex.

On the other hand I'm extremely pissed off having spent so long completing all the quests only to be left out to dry. GF.

-- 2001 Starter --

moki.png

Also, logged in to find this atrocity, which apparently happens every time you log in.

popup.png

I find that advert completely unnecessary if you're already a paying member....

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

"For reasons related to the balance of the RuneScape economy, we’re unable to retroactively offer spins for quests already completed. Keep an eye out for new quest content in the coming months, though."

Squeel didn't affect the economy jagex said.

Jagex sells 550 spins for 80$.... 80$ is enough payment to unbalance the economy?

No offense Jagex but I hope the guy who is in charge of all this gets karma.

AND WHERE IS RUNESPAN?

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

In my experience you get about as much gp in Rune Items as you do xp from lamps. If you get 500k xp in lamps then you would get around that in Rune Items.

For every player that has a quest cape you would be introducing 500k per person all at once.

I can see how it sounds logical to Jagex.

The biggest impact on the market would be speculation moreso than a strong fluctuation in quantities supplied. You'd be shocked to see how much rune leaves the game daily in pvp clan fights that aren't looted.

The climbing boots update had a larger "impact" on the economy than this update would have.

EDIT: found the direct quote

Mod Emilee:

To say that this update provokes inflation is like saying that taking home a bucket of sand from the beach will make it disappear. The amount of GP that enter and leave the game on a daily basis is about 8 to 10 times as high as the amount that entered the game’s economy yesterday by increasing the value of the climbing boots. Basically, the same amount of money per person could be made by chopping yew logs for a couple of hours and then alching the bows made - a relatively small one-off addition to the coins going through the game.

Though the climbing boots was an outright fiasco so if they're trying to correct bad precedence, that's fine by me. I'm afraid that this will be the excuse they will latch onto the most, though, simply because it's convenient.

hzvjpwS.gif

Found another epic fail...

They say the requirement of one of the Saga's is 65 dung, but the item you need to find is only on the occult floors... For which you need 71...

Oh and: bullcrap SoF justification ofc...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Feels like that damn wheel is somehow related to every single update since it was released. I've had enough of Jagex stuffing that thing down our throats, thank you very much.

Sagas are meh.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

jagex really need to rebalance dg, instead of introducing crappy xp tomes.

update last week means its hard to find anyone with a surgebox bound over hex.

for one, the salt in wound quest should have been an extra ammo bind, and rangers and mages should have infinite ammo if a surgebox or arrows are bound to begin with.

and to branch gap with binds "slayer" binds should fill the gaps such as.

level 1 - 1 item bind (regular)

level 25 - 1 slayer item bind eg hood.

level 50 - 2 item bind (regular so 3 in total).

level 75 - 2 slayer item binds.

level 100 - 3 item binds (4 total).

level 110 - 3 slayer binds.

level 120 - 4 item binds (5 items total + your 2 item binds).

Another thing I hate with dg is fact my hex is auto-equipt at start of floor, if you're on berserker ring it should automatically be 2h to start floor, and a ranger ring should be hex or whatever range wep you have.

Tier 10 all ring should also be an extra bind because its 36m xp and 3.6m tokens spent.

/rant over.

extra ammo bind for surgebox would be nice, but then again most the people who develop the content don't even play the game so what would they know eh.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png