Runescape down?

Ambler

Once you get in it seems to be working fine. It just takes a while to load the page to login.

So there is definately something causing problems in the internet traffic... hmm..

| 99 Attack | 99 Strength | 99 Defence | 99 Hit Points | 99 Prayer | 99 Magic | 99 Summoning | 99 Ranging |
| 99 Agility| 99 Woodcutting | 99 Construction | 99 Fletching | 99 Herblore | 99 Runecrafting | 99 Thieving |
| 99 Firemaking | 99 Crafting | 99 Runecrafting | 99 Cooking| 99 Smithing | 99 Construction | 99 Fishing |
| 99 Hunter | 99 Farming | 99 Slayer |  Divination 99 | 115+ Dungeoneering |

Total Level: 2590+
Max Cape - Owner

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If DDOS attack involved

If it was a DDoS attack I don't think the workaround they provided would have done diddly. Doesn't this point to a different issue? Can't remember how it's referred to, all my (limited as it was) web knowledge flew out the window years ago.

Isn't this what happens to all webpages that are getting hacked or DDOS'd? Just asking, I am a complete noob on this.

This is pretty much how it works.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Once you get in it seems to be working fine. It just takes a while to load the page to login.

So there is definately something causing problems in the internet traffic... hmm..

does anyone think that the link provided is legit runescape, or could it be a possible lure/phish/fake....? i have the page loaded im just a little paranoid about logging in just incase it isnt the runescape site and a bogus knockoff thats looks the same..=[ idk what to do

Hello guys, i made an account on here for the sole purpose of helping people get on to play. Heres what you have to do. Copy and paste this= http://[use Quick Find Code]/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?25,26,549,63582256 into url, it will tell you what to do and how to play. Its really easy to do, first post is a moderator. Your welcome guys! :thumbsup:

eWUEb.png

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

does anyone think that the link provided is legit runescape, or could it be a possible lure/phish/fake....? i have the page loaded im just a little paranoid about logging in just incase it isnt the runescape site and a bogus knockoff thats looks the same..=[ idk what to do

Unless their twitter was compromised at the exact same time (read: unlikely) that the site went down along with several other worlds, you should be fine.

http://twitter.com/#!/runescape

hzvjpwS.gif

Oh man, it wont let me paste links. so ill tell you the right way lol. Go to google and type in "Runescape forums" Find a link TO THE FORUM PAGE NOT THE MAIN PAGE. After you are in the forums, scroll down to tech help, second post down tells you how to fix it. Now you are welcome :)

Oh man, it wont let me paste links. so ill tell you the right way lol. Go to google and type in "Runescape forums" Find a link TO THE FORUM PAGE NOT THE MAIN PAGE. After you are in the forums, scroll down to tech help, second post down tells you how to fix it. Now you are welcome :)

That's for security reasons to prevent phishing, etc.

Use the thread's qfc and paste it instead. :)

hzvjpwS.gif

argh! I kinda freaked out when rs wouldn't load.

Fortunately we still have tif. I hope they're back online soon, because it takes ages for the world to load now. No hopping for a bit :)

Edit: that stat-supplying-sig-thingy is offline too. I seriously wonder what the **** has broken down/is going on.

IamTardis.png

Yea, does anyone know why this is happening? Apparently it's only the U.S. having these problems. My friend in Canada says that he's able to play. It sucks, but idk what's going on =[

I think your friend is lying. I'm unable to play and as you see the picture a few posts back, no one is in-game

he is lying becuase i live in canada and i cant get in

damn after watching that video that dude posted from the news about the anonymous hackers, im paranoid as [bleep]!

No need to be paranoid right now. From everything they've shared, it's just normal website issues. No need to stress yourself out :P

You can get in using the workarounds posted in this thread.

hzvjpwS.gif

Just to confirm, it works. :thumbsup:

NlVeX.png

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

damn after watching that video that dude posted from the news about the anonymous hackers, im paranoid as [bleep]!

No need to be paranoid right now. From everything they've shared, it's just normal website issues. No need to stress yourself out :P

You can get in using the workarounds posted in this thread.

Thanks for all the help guys. Glad we were all able to figure this out together and not like little children like most of the rs community =p You guys are awesome.

EDIT^ and girls =]