30-4-2012 The RuneSpan

Sylpheed

Of course they would announce this after I got 99 rc. Could've helped greatly going for Rank 1 esteem :rolleyes: I'm at Rank 2 right now though, so it's not terrible :)

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this is a great new thing. I came to runescape again at the right time. When I left I was getting my RC level up at ZMI.

This is a good thing, but there is flaw I can see in it.

1.no requirements. No quest or level requirement to enter, no gold cost, nothing. This is okay I guess on its own.

2.But what isn't okay is that there is no cost and no danger. what makes ZMI what it is, is that you have the options to be dangerous, and it costs you to be safe for faster XP> That or you spend more time. THen also the bank costs runes to access.

Overall I am pleased at this new method it should be fun. I may buy 1 month of P2P just to get in on the higher levels and get the item rewards.

XBL: Zwolf wolf

When Runescape Gives you lemons, Alch them!

screen-capture-2-1-1-1.png?t=1279351491

Sorry Brand, I was a man in the first place, sorry to disappoint you. :\

I thought it was clear that you got double points for SIPHONING therefor current points wont double.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I thought it was clear that you got double points for SIPHONING therefor current points wont double.

Points are based on runes in your inventory though

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

@ Troacctid, Zerker_Jane, Sy_Accursed, do any of you know what you're actually arguing about now? I've lost track. Your argument seems to have degenerated into more of am "I'm going to prove that I'm right" as opposed to trying to prove any sort of point.

Maybe you should read the words slower.

zerker_jane.png

99 farm easy

Points are added when you actually siphon a rune. The fact what's in your inventory gets moved from the middle score to the top score is a bit irrelevant.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Points are added when you actually siphon a rune. The fact what's in your inventory gets moved from the middle score to the top score is a bit irrelevant.

Yes points are added when you siphon a rune because points ARE based on the runes you have on you.

If you buy the rune starter pack you will get points for them.

If you jump between islands or pay the wizard you lose points for them.

The claim you are trying to make is factually WRONG. Points are per rune and are both lost and gained subject to the runes in your inventory, you can drop/destroy a rune pile and watch your score plummet.

It's not successfully siphoning that awards the points it is the rune being in your possession, use it and the points go with it.

Easiest example is you lose 30 points when giving a wizard 10 blood runes because blood runes are worth 3 points each.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

We'll see tomorrow.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Eh, I'm just stocking up on essence so I can focus on nodes to get the runes for points.

My understanding is this:

• Current points in inventory stay the same.
  • Once the multiplier is activated, those currently in the inventory are not applied to the multiplier. Instead, only the runes being siphoned after activation give the double points.

This should be a lot of fun. :3 Who wants to team together for nodes? :D

It's likely that the points obtained currently won't get doubled. Only way to ensure this bug free is teleport everyone out of the runespan. (Since points are based on the runes in inventory, these runes need to be removed otherwise they'd have to make some sort of dumb code to work)

The other option is that any siphoned rune would give pts to actual and inventory.. That's one way to make it work.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

If any of you read the newspost, you would know it says that siphoning runes will give double points. No speculation needed. ;)

Don’t miss out on the next instalment of our four Wild Weekends in May! For this weekend only, you can get double points in the Runespan. Over the whole weekend you’ll receive double points in the Runespan for any successful siphon. These can be spent on some great rewards in Wizard Finix’s shop, including wicked robes to go with your hood, some new staves, and an even bigger essence pouch! If you’ve yet to try the Runespan, here’s yet another reason to take your training to a new plane of existence. This offer runs from Saturday the 12th, up to and including Monday the 14th in its entirety (GMT).

Don’t forget: as a member, you’ll get 3 spins instead of 2 every day that you login during Mad May, so you’ll have even more chances to win big. Subscribe now so you can get your extra spins!

The RuneScape Team

If any of you read the newspost, you would know it says that siphoning runes will give double points. No speculation needed. ;)

0 (the current points you get from siphoning) * 2 = 0

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

^Ha

-

Find out soon I guess.. Better to of known. Either way it was irrelevant for me as had ton of work to do out the game. Did manage to get a supply of ess ready though. (Hopefully I get to keep it depending on how they handle this.)

The point is that it appeared to us that points were not being credited to the inventory score, but being credited based on runes in inventory.

Anyway it turns out that was the case all along, so Jagex must have had quite some foresight in this :P

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

0 (the current points you get from siphoning) * 2 = 0

It isn't Siphon -> Points

It's Siphon -> +Runes -> Points

Not sure what you were trying to say there

77yLQy8.png

I ran into someone with a fair number of points (for F2P) in their inventory that was quite angry that they hadn't been doubled when the weekend started. I had to explain to them that only points gained during the weekend were doubled, not previously gained (but not claimed) points. What Jagex should have said is that the number or runes gained per siphon would be doubled, giving you double points in the process.

I ran into someone with a fair number of points (for F2P) in their inventory that was quite angry that they hadn't been doubled when the weekend started. I had to explain to them that only points gained during the weekend were doubled, not previously gained (but not claimed) points. What Jagex should have said is that the number or runes gained per siphon would be doubled, giving you double points in the process.

Does this update even include F2P? Because if it does I've wasted today lol.

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

Does this update even include F2P? Because if it does I've wasted today lol.

Yes. I've been getting double runes all day and I'm F2P. I think that this 'Mad May' is all about giving F2Pers member items in hopes we subscribe to claim them. First the common horns/tatoos that I got on most of my F2P accounts but can't claim because they're member items, and now points that are utterly useless in F2P. Oh well, guess I'll have horns and a ton of runespan points waiting for the next time I get P2P.

Yes. I've been getting double runes all day and I'm F2P. I think that this 'Mad May' is all about giving F2Pers member items in hopes we subscribe to claim them. First the common horns/tatoos that I got on most of my F2P accounts but can't claim because they're member items, and now points that are utterly useless in F2P. Oh well, guess I'll have horns and a ton of runespan points waiting for the next time I get P2P.

Wish I'd known this at the start of the weekend haha, getting P2P in a couple weeks... Off to Runespan I go!

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13