03/05/12 - System Update - FPS Fix!

Dexek

Getting a consistent 28-35fps where I was barely out of single digits yesterday. :thumbsup:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mines seems the same as before the update however I'm sure it's probably 5-10 frames better, I wonder if entering a dg etc gives me a 3 seconds freeze and the tables alraeady been looted though.

People who say "my pc should be able to run 50 fps max" that really does depend on resizeable/fixed screen and the area you're playing such as in a dungeon you run 40-50 fps and places like runespan i hit 24-34 depending on what I'm doing, varrock GE or standing in a random area such as Lumbridge you won't though! :) because there aren't many animations going on, are there? :P

Edit - My loads times now seem .5/s as opposed to 3/s when loading areas with a lot going on, that was my biggest issue :P

I wonder if that means I can farm fight-kiln for gp now without freezing for 3 seconds on Jad's first attack and worrying I might have died!

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

My FPS have tripled! And this is in Runespan too! Muhuhahahaha! I shall claim ALL the skulls for the skull throne!

EDIT: Textures still murder my FPS though :P as long as they're off, running smoothly at 25 fps :D

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

My FPS have tripled! And this is in Runespan too! Muhuhahahaha! I shall claim ALL the skulls for the skull throne!

LolRunespan :P I subbed my noob to RuneSpan as something to do 26-64 in a day so far, gotta say I wish I had this method of RCING :P I wonder how Burthorpe will handle my specs now, that was the worst area known to man :P

This is NOT Optimus.

Hey N R V' date='

Brilliant to see you back into the swing of things!

To answer your questions:

1) Yes, we definitely have more planned. We've no intention of standing still and will continue to press on with additional performance enhancing updates. Stay tuned!

2) No, this wasn't Optimus, just a performance patch. Optimus is still in the works!

Thanks guys,[/quote']

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

EDIT: Textures still murder my FPS though :P as long as they're off, running smoothly at 25 fps :D

Blood for the blood god, skulls for the skull throne.

Bloody skulls are clearly the best thing ever.

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

Blood for the blood god, skulls for the skull throne.

Bloody skulls are clearly the best thing ever.

Draz have you ever tried to allocate your Java more RAM to see if that helps a little? or making your Java high priority through task manager, it helps with some specs of computer, unless it's more of a GPU problem of course :P

Mines isn't the healthiest of laptops :P If I left it into a PC shop to get it cleaned up, it'd run faster than Usaine Bolt!

EAVnEYl.png

Mines isn't the healthiest of laptops :P If I left it into a PC shop to get it cleaned up, it'd run faster than Usaine Bolt!

Oh a latop, you have crossed into a realm I dare not venture :razz:

Its definitely improved though need time to understand it properly.

Pretty weird that its a smooth animation atm. If it stays like it is then its kinda crazy how long its been performing badly that I forgotten how it used to be. I running quite nicely atm with max + AA + Bloom. (Before it ran pretty bad no matter the settings.)

I want to see a random event take me away to see if it lags or not on teleport.

Good work jagex staff that worked on this one. I hope management gave you some free spins as a reward. (Um wow I got a spin ticket siphoning the -moment- I wrote that.)

BEST [bleep]ING UPDATE EVER~!!~!~!~~!~ <3: <3: <3: <3: :ugeek: :blink: :shades: :thumbsup: :mrgreen: :thumbup: :thumbsup: :mrgreen: <3: <3: <3: <3:

(Dead serious though)

---

THough, it is sad that the best update of the past half year.....took half a year to do...when its been going on for almost 7 months!@!@! #-o #-o

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

Still faster than my old desktop though; which is riddled with so many viruses that I'd rather not turn it on for fear of it bursting into flames :P

But yeah, agreed with Drum, best update for ages!

EAVnEYl.png

Still faster than my old desktop though; which is riddled with so many viruses that I'd rather not turn it on for fear of it bursting into flames :P

Not to go offtopic but my sisters laptop is a little like that, I went on to print a week ago and she doesn't read optional installations when she installs a program, so her internet explorer, yes I'll repeat that, internet explorer (default browser) has about 50 toolbars/search-bars going all the way down the bottom, it's like a strip-tease for a website there's that little to see of the actual website!

I didn't slay for a while,but when I started again today I noticed that quick prayers arent as fast as they used to be... anyone else?

oh and I get 50 fps all around rs on all maxed,hell yea

M3DO.png

Mamiću odlazi!

I didn't slay for a while,but when I started again today I noticed that quick prayers arent as fast as they used to be... anyone else?

oh and I get 50 fps all around rs on all maxed,hell yea

Are you in a low ping world?

I can seem to get about 30fps on min, and 10fps on max, and they seem to hold steady rather than dropping every time I move around.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I'm gonna sound like an idiot when I post this. But can you guys explain how you are able to tell what your FPS is?

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

I'm gonna sound like an idiot when I post this. But can you guys explain how you are able to tell what your FPS is?

"displayfps" into developers console

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]