03/05/12 - System Update - FPS Fix!

Dexek

Not really much to say but yayyyy.

Not sure my exact improvement since I never really looked at my fps, but it does seem much better.

Melencholy.png

Questcape first achieved: Sept 20, 2009
99 agility march 11th 2010

99 Magic - some point in 2012

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take back my "Woah" for now. I am now able to teleport into Burthrope and use the bank chest (finally) but I still get whitescreened and kicked out randomly. I'm running around between 8-12fps instead of 1-5fps as I used to. So there has been a fix at least, but for me, the war still wages on. :(

That really sounds quite bad; have you tried speeding your computer up in any way? I cleared a few GB of space on my laptop and it ran it a bit faster, prior to this update :L

Also, turn off textures, they destroy fps

I play on safemode/lowest settings for everything. So that shouldn't be the issue. I'll clean up my laptop a bit but I used to play just fine before the bot nuke, so I would think it was in correlation with the fps issue. Like I said, I definitely have seen some improvement which I am happy about, I just wish it would stop randomly white out on me and the other issues I've ran into. Hopefully with more engine improvements, my fps rate should continue to go up.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

Anyone know how to get AA to work? I just figured my graphics card (Nvidia GeForce GT 555m) couldn't do it, or that Runescape just hated me, because there were black lines and the text was unreadable.

But now even with this update AA doesn't work. What do?

I was having these issues with a couple of different computers. Both times it was the graphics settings on my own computer and had nothing to do with the graphics settings of Runescape itself.

Most likely, you're running the "wrong monitor" type. Check your "screen resolution" settings from your Desktop and see what "display" is offered for monitor type.

:unsure:

Everything's recommended and even when changing resolution it still looked weird (but a few of the lines were gone)

2cf82ebc4ed1a9c33295632b5c5be467.png

What is your resolution?

Was getting somewhere in between 5 and 10 before, now in Runespan I'm getting 15-20. I'm sure it will be higher once I leave Runespan though as my fps were generally low while there before.

(Edit to add - If I turn textures off I instantly get 27-30, but I like keeping them on since it makes the game look better and I can still play just fine with lower FPS (as long as its not slideshow like) so I don't mind)

Applejuiceaj.png

120320213547.png

Meh. Was all excited hoping that I'd be back to ~40 fps but it's still not back to what it was. I'm hoping this isn't the end of the engine improvements.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I take back my "Woah" for now. I am now able to teleport into Burthrope and use the bank chest (finally) but I still get whitescreened and kicked out randomly. I'm running around between 8-12fps instead of 1-5fps as I used to. So there has been a fix at least, but for me, the war still wages on. :(

That really sounds quite bad; have you tried speeding your computer up in any way? I cleared a few GB of space on my laptop and it ran it a bit faster, prior to this update :L

I play on safemode/lowest settings for everything. So that shouldn't be the issue. I'll clean up my laptop a bit but I used to play just fine before the bot nuke, so I would think it was in correlation with the fps issue. Like I said, I definitely have seen some improvement which I am happy about, I just wish it would stop randomly white out on me and the other issues I've ran into. Hopefully with more engine improvements, my fps rate should continue to go up.

Don't play on safe mode. It's the worst setting of them all, only to be used if all else fails. If you meant software, you should still try out OpenGL and directX, it's definitely possible that they run better.

Don't play on safe mode. It's the worst setting of them all, only to be used if all else fails. If you meant software, you should still try out OpenGL and directX, it's definitely possible that they run better.

OpenGL was a lot faster for me than software was. Also, fiddle about with the other settings and see how they help, if any

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Meh. Was all excited hoping that I'd be back to ~40 fps but it's still not back to what it was. I'm hoping this isn't the end of the engine improvements.

I was hoping also, I'm now getting like 20-ish when I'm standing still... as soon as I move or run into other places it goes straight down to around single-figures again.

Edit: I don't know if this is related to this update, but ever since it launched I don't receive any "pings" on the world-select screen now. They're all "N/A".

Its been nearly 12 hours since my Runescape crashed. I don't know if this 'update' was to blame. Was just playing then all of a sudden, disconnection and I had to restart my Runescape client. Then during loading, Java crashes. Updating Java didn't change anything either. I hope this update changes my fps, I have faith in Jagex :smile:

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

I like this update as well, albeit I wish better had happened. But I won't go ranting off the deep end over a minor 1 or 2 FPS, versus what I did gain... First time since Dominion Tower's release that my FPS hasn't been rock-bottom dead. Wasn't the Bot Nuke that killed me, but instead the Dominion Tower, even though I'm only an F2P'er. Weird, eh? :huh:

~D. V. "Finally getting some reasonable performance..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I think now the problem is with your calculators... :P

But seriously, any normal computer should now at least run 30 fps on minimum detail. Also make sure you're not on safe mode/software, since that seems to reduce your fps.

terravir.png

I think now the problem is with your calculators... :P

But seriously, any normal computer should now at least run 30 fps on minimum detail. Also make sure you're not on safe mode/software, since that seems to reduce your fps.

The problem has been fixed for the majority of people, but that doesn't mean that everyone who's still suffering from it has a bad computer. It's still absolutely possible for the same problem to exist on a smaller scale. It would actually be rather surprising if they managed to root that out for all computers at the same time.

I've been asking around, everyone who still has super low fps seems to have a mac.

Enjoy your overpriced useless apple products :mrgreen:

I've been asking around, everyone who still has super low fps seems to have a mac.

I don't have a Mac and mine is still 7-10fps on max. Can I get some sympathy then? :rolleyes:

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I don't have a Mac and mine is still 7-10fps on max. Can I get some sympathy then? :rolleyes:

Are you playing in safe mode?

~30fps on a 1.66ghz Mac Mini. No problems here. Drops to 20 at duely, but picks back up during stakes. :)

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

FWIW, I was getting 9 fps before the update and am getting 20 now (that is with OpenGL, everything turned on or maxed, as full a screen as F2P can have). Didn¹t try DirectX yet; will do that later if I have time.

Pivoting the view with the arrow keys is smooth and speedy.

Renderer shows a long driver ID number now where before, it was simply 0 =D>

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Are you playing in safe mode?

I'm not sure how to check that. It says in the settings that it is using "Software." If I switch to DirectX or OpenGL, everything looks fuzzy, FPS plunges, and it lags like crazy.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Anyone else been experiencing increased telelag and loading lag since this fix?

Arceus, safe mode is only used if you enable it via holding S as the applet starts. It should never be used unless software mode doesn't work. What video card do you have?

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

My FPS in max settings directly before update: 10-15

FPS now: 45-50

Yes that is my only complaint.

Jubei_Reborn.png

The Fox Returns!

Arceus, safe mode is only used if you enable it via holding S as the applet starts. It should never be used unless software mode doesn't work. What video card do you have?

I've had Safe Mode turn itself on whenever I leave the client open and my laptop has gone to sleep. I'll shake my mouse to wake up my laptop, log in and boom - Safe Mode is turned on.

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png

My FPS in max settings directly before update: 10-15

FPS now: 45-50

Yes that is my only complaint.

Yes, epic proportions eveytime I load up a new area memory usage just "runs wild" rs then disconnects, blacks out and all I can do is restart the utility.

FPS is good though, used to get 5-6 fps in dg lobby, now its like 25-26 :) just the way it was before bot nuke.