Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Wild Weekends

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

brunokiller
[ Display Name History ]

brunokiller

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,654 posts
  • RSN:Mej
  • RSN2:Iures

Wondering if someone's found a way to abuse common untradable 100m valued items yet...

<s>You mean exactly like how hybrid armor has been abused?</s>

Smuggling them into a dungeon then selling it to the smuggler used to work for hybrid armor. Not sure if it still works.

Why would that matter if all you got was orange yellow playmoney?

Because you can convert it to real money?

icecube
[ Display Name History ]

icecube

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,823 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:deadlyaznboy
  • Clan:Heart Unit
Got a Mystic Tattoo :C.
Posted Image

Blutters
[ Display Name History ]

Blutters

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,157 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Blutters

Wondering if someone's found a way to abuse common untradable 100m valued items yet...

<s>You mean exactly like how hybrid armor has been abused?</s>

Smuggling them into a dungeon then selling it to the smuggler used to work for hybrid armor. Not sure if it still works.

Why would that matter if all you got was orange yellow playmoney?

Because you can convert it to real money?

They were talking about selling things to the smuggler in Dungeoneering. I said orange before, because I assumed you'd get Rusty Coins, not Gold.

2dgucz6.png

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

They were talking about selling things to the smuggler in Dungeoneering. I said orange before, because I assumed you'd get Rusty Coins, not Gold.

I just assumed they were talking about doing so before the rusty coin change.

Baffler
[ Display Name History ]

Baffler

Retired Crew Leader

• Members
  • 908 posts
  • RSN:Baffler
Posted Image

I got 50gp :(.

Pinata
[ Display Name History ]

Pinata

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • RSN:Pinata
So Saturdays spins, sundays spins, mondays spins = nothing. Gg

Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

Ren
[ Display Name History ]

Ren

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 458 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Trollenstein
  • RSN2:Grave Sorrow
  • Clan:DGS
Craziest [bleep]ing weekend in Rs history.

Brb buying lifetime setup for my account.

553VriC.png?1

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller
Did my 3 daily spins today, bought a 20+5 pack for the first time (pretty sure I'm regretting this right now), won a double spin ticket as well as getting a mystic tattoo and curled horns. Honestly the two shittiest cosmetics from sof, but meh... I guess horns are better than no horns.

Here is my log:

50 gp
3 logs
50 gp
50 gp
5 silver
curled horns
small xp lamp (cooking)
mystic tattoo
50 gp
50 gp
medium xp lamp (firemaking)
small xp lamp (strength)
50 gp
50 gp
50 gp
5 raw tuna
3 iron ore
50 gp
50 gp
3 coal
small xp lamp (smithing)
small xp lamp (smithing)
50 gp
50 gp
medium xp lamp
double spin ticket
50 gp
3 gold ore
50 gp
3 logs

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Baffler
[ Display Name History ]

Baffler

Retired Crew Leader

• Members
  • 908 posts
  • RSN:Baffler
Since my last post, I made a new account and got a tattoo. Went on an old f2p account and got a tattoo. Went on my current main and got a tattoo. Then I went on my other members account and got a tattoo. It took a while, but the luck kicked in at the end.

Sylpheed
[ Display Name History ]

Sylpheed

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
  • RSN:Sylpheed
  • RSN2:Eliteice1
  • Clan:Scryers
So the bonus this week is double points in RuneSpan. Not that great considering the rewards on offer.

Blutters
[ Display Name History ]

Blutters

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,157 posts
  • RSN:Blutters
GF chances of getting good horns. Ah well, there are still 2 weekends left. I don't consider this a complete loss, since I respect those with Comp (T) for their sheer dedication, and therefore can appreciate nice little things that alleviate the crap that gets randomly thrown at them (like the arbitrary RuneSpan ranks).

2dgucz6.png

enfield
[ Display Name History ]

enfield

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • RSN:realitybugll
aww i'm very satisfied with this weekend's wildness. getting the wicked robes in half the time makes it much less of chore.

yeah, i wish the greater runic staff had a use. if only it was cool in some way, like if it gave the highest magic accuracy bonus of any staff by a significant margin (that's the simplest thing i can think of). but no, it's next to useless.

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts

aww i'm very satisfied with this weekend's wildness. getting the wicked robes in half the time makes it much less of chore.

yeah, i wish the greater runic staff had a use. if only it was cool in some way, like if it gave the highest magic accuracy bonus of any staff by a significant margin (that's the simplest thing i can think of). but no, it's next to useless.

Part of me wants to slap you... Real hard. I mean with a nerf bat... REAL HARD!... Enough to leave a mark with said nerf bat. If you make an honest effort to think outside the 'combat' box you'd see that this little staff is like the magical equivalent of a swiss army knife tool. One of the biggest longstanding issues plaguing players for quite some time has been the thought of how to manage inventory space when you want to use your magical abilities as well. What makes this thing so awesome is that you can charge it with alches when on a slayer run, fertile soil for farm runs, remote farm or even duel switch between the two; vengeance for boss runs... Hell even the aficionados can find a use with it by saving inventory space for plank-make, humidify and the ever popular string jewelry. I know for a fact that all of those situations are slightly demanding on inventory space and can be a bit annoying especially if you are doing them in between or during other things.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Troacctid
[ Display Name History ]

Troacctid

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,419 posts
  • RSN:Troacctid
  • Clan:The Farming Guild

Best magic defense of any item in the weapon slot! By...uh...two points! Yeah! :unsure:

One of the biggest longstanding issues plaguing players for quite some time has been the thought of how to manage inventory space when you want to use your magical abilities as well.

What? Since when? That's not true at all.

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts

Best magic defense of any item in the weapon slot! By...uh...two points! Yeah! :unsure:

One of the biggest longstanding issues plaguing players for quite some time has been the thought of how to manage inventory space when you want to use your magical abilities as well.

What? Since when? That's not true at all.

Oh sure it has... Maybe I overplayed it a bit, but I've noticed that some situations always seemed so cramped and heard similar stories from other players. Mind you this was before jagex fixing the BoB inventory thing. Then again things get a bit hairy when your trying to carry alches (or explorer ring), vengeance runes, spec weapon, quick switch weapon, dreadnips, teletabs, and scrolls. Basically what I'm saying is its manageable, but at the same time it's annoying to make the build you desire without forgetting something or feeling like you don't have the room for it all to function together.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts
Seems like it's a surgebox for people with high RC and low DG.

Poppe
[ Display Name History ]

Poppe

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • RSN:Etjien
  • Clan:Efficiency Experts
Personally I like the staff alot just for it looks, they did a good job on the graphics of this item and it really stands out. Aside from that is has uses of holding spells. Personally I use my for fertile soil spell, which makes herb runes a bit quicker without having to graph 3 stacks of runes or a mud staff with 2 stacks. I also have a regular staff I use for npc contact for slayer, which also works on the same concept of not having to graph 3 runes out or for me its remember which 3 runes as even after 20mil slayer experience with npc contact I can never remember the runes :P

I think this weekend is a giant slap in the face for some people getting trim back. I am friends with 2 trimmers and each of them have been living at Runespan this week and coincidentally both have finals this week so as of right now they are a few hours away from trim. If Jagex had announced this "wild weekend" sooner they could of spent less time on Runespan and more studying (could, not sure they would have :P). Doing this weekend right at the time most people are right about to reget trim or have just got it is a gut punch for some of them. But I suppose on the bright side both of them were like "well atleast I'll get staves and robes without extra time added"
Posted Image

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,789 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
Personally, I like the staff. It's like the doomcore staff but outside dg: totally useless but awesome looking.

Platinum_Myr
[ Display Name History ]

Platinum_Myr

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  • RSN:Serena Sedai
  • RSN2:Fyora Serena
  • Clan:The Knighted Angels
The only complaint I have with the staff is that you have to be on the proper spellbook to use the spell. I would much rather have the option of *charging* it while on the proper spell book but the being able to cast the spell regardless of the spellbook I am on. That would open up a lot more choices. Otherwise, I don't like it for the choices listed with the possible exception of alching, (but you can't do it for alchs while on say the lunar spell book)

Remote farm isn't that useful as I'd still have to carry runes for my teleports, and the mudstaff anyways. It's nice but not really amazing.

It is sort of like borrowed power: cool, but nerfed so that its not really useful.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

VonMedo
[ Display Name History ]

VonMedo

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • RSN:Medo Z G
so every weekend is same thing? better chances for horns and tatoos?

M3DO.png

Mamiću odlazi!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users