Tip.It Times - 6 May 2012

Jaffy1

Guest jrhairychest

Second article: Almost fully agreed. I love that you point out that the behavior and psychology of each individual in the community affects the whole and vice versa. I've been waiting for someone to point out that the behavior of a population (for the record I consider the folks working at Jagex a part of the community as well) cannot be faulted to a single individual or even a large group of them. What exists is a result of the dynamic that exists between and around all parts of any given frame of reference. We can rag on Jagex as hard as we want and blame them for everything but the fact is that our behavior affects theirs as well and perhaps more powerfully than most of us would accept.

I'll second this. Really well thought through article and very well written. Good stuff Arceus :)

I already see it all the time. "I have several 99 skills, How do I make money?" My response is always " You have 99's, how did you get them?" " Well I cut ivy for Wc." is usually their first reply & there's the problem. They took one of the new fast training methods that doesn't supply the other skills or make a profit. Had they trained their WC normally they'd have logs to fletch, then alkie or to use as pyres which would have trained either their fletching & magic or firemaking & prayer skills while making a profit. Instead they took the quick method & are left broke & haven't trained the other skills. Now RC will be the same way. <_<

I'll do the Runespan a bit just to get the full robe set then probably leave it & never come back.

lord_uathen.png

I'd rather have more than one method of training a skill, and have trade offs between GP/hr, XP/hr, and AFKability.

I'll second this. Also, I love Runespan for many reasons. Furthermore, I'll continue to craft runes on a regular basis (already have since the update).

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

@Can we do better

Your article is very stupid. You say because certain players scam, lure or do other bad acts that because we are part of rs community we are all equally bad as those.

I've played rs by being good. Returning peoples items if they die because of a npc. a Phat , a divine...id return them all. Rewarding good intentions etc.

Am i stupid? No, thats my way of playing the game.

And a fool isnt gonna belittle me by saying because i am part of a community im no good. That i should stop bashing Jagex. or use bad acts by other players be a way to justify jagex behaviour.

When was not playing the game in spirit of Runescape?

And as Sly said - honesty was the best approach for Jagex to take with Squeal. But no, instead they have fed us bs. Trying to defend the critism they have received "Its not gambling cause u always win 50 gp!!". Oh wow.

I dont like your article, author.

First article: Gop will be still popular, as everybody is playing for water talismans, not for essence, which is less profitable, or for teletabs, because getting one takes longer than 1 run to altar.

I think they should make Runespan require runes somehow, with hgher levels requiring higher runes. Take a lot of runes out of the economy and traditional Runecrafting will be more profitable.

Also I remember selling my pure accounts all the time before recovering them (I was young and evil) in RSC, it was done right in varrock square and nothing ever happened. It definitely wasn't a secret, you just had to stand in V square for a while to find somebody selling an account.

zerker_jane.png

99 farm easy

I think "for a while" is the operative phrase. Nowadays it seems there's never a wait to see someone doing it.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Re: Can we do better?

Lovely article, very well thought out, opnions are not wild, nor invalid. Highly logical. It was nice to see an article that doesn't attack Jagex for it's recent updates, or bemoan how the game is dying, or an update has de-valued their precious skill capes. I think we can do better, we may be a bunch of individuals but when we play the game we become a community. The type of clan I am in promotes helpful behaviors, we do not allow anyone who breaks the rules of the game, we do not allow harsh language, or nasty, rude, discriminatory comments either nor do we allow any of the negative things listed in your article. We, as a clan, see it as our duty to be helpful to each other, even those who are not in the clan. I held these positive, adult and mature attitudes long before I became a member of a clan, but I see clans such as my own as an important tool in furthering such positive, mature behavior. Luring, scamming, selling accounts. gold or items is just wrong, so is botting. All of these negative behaviors are the signs of a lazy, immature player who really has no place in such a community based game as Runescape. I long for the day when people don't troll the game or the forums or waste their ( and everyone else's) time scamming people or breaking the rules. It takes all of us decent players who follow the rules to keep up the proper attitude of a mature player, sadly too many players are immature (even those who are legally adults) and these people tend to ruin the game for everyone else. They are the whiners, the complainers, the trolls, the flamers who haunt the forums and the game looking to get a rise out of the rest of us.

"Oh I love God, he's so deliciously evil!" ~Stewie, Family Guy

"If I don't kill a man every now and then, they forget who I am" ~Captain Blackbeard

"If it ain't fun, yer doin' it wrong" ~Pirates vs Ninjas Clan Motto