Crocefisso

109 members have voted

1. 1. Is there a God or Gods?

• Yes, there is one God
    • Yes, there are many deities
    • There are no gods/God
    • I am unsure
    • Other (please specify)

I believe there is a god, because if there is no god then there is no beginning, no us, in fact the odds of a god are almost a fact.

http://www.ucg.org/science/prove-there-god-even-without-bible/

I am not trying to Convert anyone because i believe that you should be able to express yourself. just my opinion i respected yours, respect mine.

• Like 1

I believe there is a god, because if there is no god then there is no beginning, no us, in fact the odds of a god are almost a fact.

http://www.ucg.org/s...-without-bible/

I am not trying to Convert anyone because i believe that you should be able to express yourself. just my opinion i respected yours, respect mine.

So basically the link is saying that because the universe is so fine tuned for life and life is so fine tuned to exist there must've been an intelligent designer to make it.

Quite a terrible argument really

• Like 1

Wow. Reflecting on the posts I have made in threads like these has really shown how I've matured as a person. For those of you who were around for the original, several hundred page thread, you may remember that I was a staunch atheist and continuously made obnoxious, passive-aggressive posts maligning religious people. I'm still not religious but I've become a lot more accepting and less judgmental about religious folk. I'm even developing some spirituality, at least in a moral sense if that makes any sense.

Then again, maybe I'll look back on this post in a few years and realize that I came off as a pretentious douche. Who knows.

This isn't me trying to judge or anything, but what does a spiritual morality entail? Spirituality to me always appears so esoteric that I can never quite see how it applies too directly to ethical questions, excepting the spiritual morality decreed by the simplistic Abrahamic God.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau