New Top 250 F2P Skill Total List

Lord Slayas

Ironically, they removed it and claimed it was a glitch, several months ago.

In other news, I notice Winh is on the converted list but not the active list. It seems either

-Winh is indeed pure F2P and an updated total level should be noted.

-Winh has "gone P2P" and hence, is off the converted list (i.e. water).

We were really hoping to avoid singling people out, but I digress...

Winh is on the converted list because the converted list includes everyone who was on the original list and verified the day before the highscores were removed. We did not remove him because, although there are very strong rumours, it has not been confirmed if he was logged into a p2p world or not. We are not in the habit of removing people due to a bunch of "Well... I think so... Probably... Pretty Sure..." 's. If it is ever confirmed he was indeed logged into a P2P world and/or use the trial he will of course be removed. Until / unless that happens, he will still be considered Pure F2p, and hopefully he still is indeed.

As for putting him on the Active List, we have never received a submission and have thus been unable to update him. As I am sure you all well know, we only update/add some one when we know their exact Total Level And Total Exp. At the moment, all we have is his Total Level. I suppose we could update him from a past date (last day he dropped off runetrack due to trial ending) but that would be very unorthodox, and definitely would not be current and up to date.

If we ever are able to get his exact Total Experience as well as his total level, we would be more then happy to add him to the Active List (unless of course what is mentioned above is indeed confirmed).

-the purefreetoplay team.

o4qq.png

My Pure F2P Blog: CLICK ME

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.

I know it's really beating a dead horse with this.

About Gereed, we all have different opinions of it of course. I was just wondering Slaya, if someone were to buy p2p and not log in p2p world, would they still be allowed to be on the list, as such in the case of Gereed. I mean if people are gonna be allowed to do that, why not just have a list including people who are p2p but have no p2p skills, like Pure99legacy, Wud An Fire and various others.

There needs to be a simple amount of rules to be able to be on this list. I am not one who agrees with the whole "grey" area.

The whole innocent till proven guilty thing is a good idea but until a precedent is set with these people, there will be continuous people like Shadowkick who accidentally got trial and didn't know until you had told him that if he logged in p2p world he would be off the list. The current known people who have been p2p/had trial have pretty much got off scott free in the way of the current method now. Keeping them on the list is up you all(the list maintainers), but you have to take a step back and look at how it would've been if this happened to Water/Syz/Popo/Sara, when the f2p community was so much more intact. They would have been completely shunned and been called f2p wannabees and other assorted names.

As long as the grey area exists you will have people like Gereed, Winh, and others who have had p2p/trial and has never been CONFIRMED if they logged in to p2p world and the next group of people who will try to push that even further by accepting trial and playing with pm off/not in chat in a p2p world. Yes this could have been the case years ago too, but back then if it was found out they did do that, they would be shunned like I said.

This'll be my last post on the subject, I know I can't change your minds about how I feel it should be. I just had to get this off my chest one last time. Thanks.

• Like 1

The problem is that throwing an unwanted P2P trial at us that we can't opt out of or get rid of (at least I haven't found a way yet) is not the same as purchasing membership.

I agree with you that people who buy membership should no longer be allowed on the list, but I also agree with the list keepers that the unwanted P2P trial does, unfortunately, give us somewhat of a grey area. Should someone no longer be allowed on the list because they derp-clicked and accidentally accepted the trial? Even if they never log into a members' world? What if it happened to you?

I know I'd certainly be disappointed and upset if I lost my standing within the F2P community over something I hadn't intentionally done.

Unfortunately, there is no perfect answer to this, only half-solutions that leave everyone a little unsure. Hopefully Jagex removes the trial, and with it this entire issue.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

The problem is that throwing an unwanted P2P trial at us that we can't opt out of or get rid of (at least I haven't found a way yet) is not the same as purchasing membership.

I agree with you that people who buy membership should no longer be allowed on the list, but I also agree with the list keepers that the unwanted P2P trial does, unfortunately, give us somewhat of a grey area. Should someone no longer be allowed on the list because they derp-clicked and accidentally accepted the trial? Even if they never log into a members' world? What if it happened to you?

I know I'd certainly be disappointed and upset if I lost my standing within the F2P community over something I hadn't intentionally done.

Unfortunately, there is no perfect answer to this, only half-solutions that leave everyone a little unsure. Hopefully Jagex removes the trial, and with it this entire issue.

Yeah I understand they are doing all they can. As this is Jagex's doing not theirs.

If this were to happen to me, yes I would be upset as I just lost my standing in the f2p community but I would realize it's just a game and move on. I have been p2p main/f2p main/p2p skiller/f2p skiller. I am not someone who just knows what its like to only be 1 thing. I wouldn't fight to stay f2p because in my opinion I would be p2p so I wouldn't have to fight.

I certainly don't agree with Jagex throwing the trial at us, but there are various ways you can get around not accidentally clicking accept the trial. You can hit the x in the corner of the pop-up, you can click your favorite world(if you have one), you can simply just log out and do something else, you can wait for all the log-in lag/other lag to disappear and try to click don't accept the trial. Those are only a few to "get around it" for now. I have no sympathy for anyone who clicks the trial and still wants to be f2p because simply put, I see them as p2p and they will always be p2p regardless of if they logged into a p2p world or not.

• Like 1

The "only a game"-argument can easily be used against the whole idea of "shunning" people who accidentally got the P2P trial. I just think the whole idea of saying that years of hard work are null and void, because of one single misclick, is plain ridiculous. It might well be that years ago, the F2P community would have indeed singled out any people like Gereed or Winh, but who says we can't change? In this case, for the better.

• Like 2

My words, but a whisper - your deafness, a shout.

-

If the future's looking dark, we're the ones who have to shine. If there's no one in control, we're the ones who draw the line

-

Quick to judge, quick to anger, slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand.

Correct, if you had this happen to you or to some one very close to you, perhaps you would understand. No, if some one knowingly and intentionally gets P2P, they will NEVER, i repeat NEVER be allowed on this list. I think the massive support towards the people who have had the trial by accident proves that the community wants to keep these people, not shun them. Out of the people I have spoken to about this + emails I have received + forum posts, about 4 out of 5 people are all for keeping them so long as it was never used in any way.

Precedent has been set, with Rfischer14, who was a very dear friend of mine, being removed when he used the trial. I have also refused people for the list (at least 5 to 10) who have used the trial and been logged in P2P worlds, even if little to no exp in P2P skills was gained. It's pretty obvious that being logged into a members world means you are no longer 100% F2P, or at least it should be.

Just like in the old days, if it is ever found out they were using it / had logged into a p2p world, instant removal. that has not changed. Nor has it changed that some people may have had P2P without us knowing it, just like the old days. Unfortunately we are not all-knowing. We can only make use of what we know. If we know some one is P2P, they aren't on the list. After all, if you really want to get into it, how do we possibly know that anyone was never P2P on their account in the past? Some one smart enough could probably hide it if they really wanted to.

Luckily for us, the amount of people who go through all of the trouble of paying for a membership, try to hide it, and still claim to be F2P just for rank on a list for Pure F2Pers i can count on a single hand.

I might also add that none of the accused have ever tried to hide the accidental P2P, and have always been totally forthcoming about it when asked, unlike those extremely few people who have had P2P and were trying to hide it to get a rank. Somehow, I really doubt that is a coincidence.

And if you wish to talk about the old days of F2P.... The old list maintainers, (and I mean multiple) still considered Tez a Pure F2P player. Gereed and Tez are basically the same case.

About those who have had the trial and it was never used, our decision to include them stands.

o4qq.png

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.

This is totally off topic, but when I was reading through the posts on this thread I can't help but relate it to a show I was watching called Breaking Amish. The Amish people basically live in the stone age with no electricity or cars, and if the community finds out that someone among them attempted to be in contact with technology, then they are immediately shunned.

I dunno, I just found it funny. I think F2P is the Amish community of RS.

• Like 1

Have the courage to change the things you can, the patience to accept the things you can't, and the wisdom to know the difference.

[/Quote]

This is totally off topic, but when I was reading through the posts on this thread I can't help but relate it to a show I was watching called Breaking Amish. The Amish people basically live in the stone age with no electricity or cars, and if the community finds out that someone among them attempted to be in contact with technology, then they are immediately shunned.

There is a giant difference in a hiscore list and a community. It's really obvious players who don't belong on the list wont be on the list. That doesn't mean they cannot be part of our community, as long as they're respectfull and mature.

• Like 1

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png

Haha yeah I agree that the way some people have worded their posts seems like they feel anybody who does anything p2p related has somehow betrayed the rest of the f2p community.

There is a giant difference in a hiscore list and a community. It's really obvious players who don't belong on the list wont be on the list. That doesn't mean they cannot be part of our community, as long as they're respectfull and mature.

Yeah there is a difference but I think what Failed Acct meant was that the way people have been saying that getting a f2p trial by accident means they are no longer f2p is more than just about the list. Obviously this is just a minority though I feel like it would seem very off putting to any new player who happens to come across this topic when they see how harshly they may be treated for making even a small mistake.

• Like 1

Update again

Rounded that off nicely. Maybe gonna take the rest of the day off dg and just watch movies or something, chill and get ready for work tomorrow ^^

• Like 1

-

If the future's looking dark, we're the ones who have to shine. If there's no one in control, we're the ones who draw the line

-

Quick to judge, quick to anger, slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand.

Huge congrats on maxed melee, Fire Hawk :P

Now go get those last 90 skills!

-

-

Nice to see a return to topic :) Fairly sizeable update on 9/23/2012 so thought I would mention it. No new additions or removals this time.

Added:

-

Removed:

-

As a footnote...

Was watching the livestream Q & A earlier, which reminded me of the Q & A on our website. I had simply transferred it over from the old site (as well as a few other pages) and It wasn't exactly current (as it was made in the very first week of the first site), so I updated it. Thanks Devy for staying up with me and helping me fix it. It ended up a bit long, but hopefully it addresses all the common questions circulating out there.

I will also add I did some very minor updating/fixing to some of the other pages, <terms of use> <our team> <privacy policy> <external links> and <submissions> on top of <faq>. It was all minor stuff, just changing the colour of the text and formatting.

I might also mention we're looking to change the picture on the homepage (might try and do this on a monthly basis to keep it fresh), so if anyone has any good ones or a suggestion from our existing gallery, fire away ;)

o4qq.png

Wouldn't an orangey-red be more appropriate? :P

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Fire Hawk154, it seems you are moving in the wrong direction....

When Gandalf the grey moved up, he became Gandalf the white.

Regardless of that, congrats on the levels and don't you just love that new combat level smell.

Peace out

Gafe

• Like 1

Lol, my bad, was an error on behalf of the joint parties of tiredness + updating multiple people across multiple lists. I've fixed it, sorry about that :P

• Like 1

o4qq.png

Ergh, double post.

Update: 9/26/2012

Added:

Tazxc

-

Removed:

Poliwhag (bumped / no longer meets the requirements) - Active Total List

Yognosa (bumped / no longer meets the requirements) - Active Experience List

Strlvl40 (bumped / no longer meets the requirements) - Converted Experience List

-

Sorry Kaida, you aren't #200 anymore :P

It's been a bit since i did this, so figure i'll throw out the specs as well.

Minimum level required to be on the Active Skill Total List: 796

Minimum exp required to be on the Active Experience List: 13,036,928

Minimum level required to be on the Converted Skill Total List: 1463

Minimum exp required to be on the Converted Experience List: 138,964,405

-Oh and thought I might add our site can finally be found using Google (took them ages to index it). If you google the name, or the lists, or something similar we're there, though this forum and a few others usually appear above the actual site since it has more traffic :P should make it less of a hassle to direct people to it.

o4qq.png

Hey guys,

I haven't checked in for awhile now but I'm loving the new website, especially with the flags. Keep up the good work!

Just a heads up that on the Active list that my total xp was somehow overestimated. It's currently 302,235,634 (last logged in: 80 days ago!). Compare it to the value on the Converted list and you'll notice that it's barely changed at all.

Best regards,

Isthatok

jOi7G.png

~PM me and I'll do my best to make you a signature!~