Lord Slayas

New Top 250 F2P Skill Total List

Thanks, Isthatok. I downloaded that when you first released it, but lost the link ages ago.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

You don't need to completely kill the monsters in melzars maze - only the majority of the damage. You also need only to deal the finishing blow to Elvarg to finish the quest.

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

Isn't Elvarg instanced though? I didn't think she could be double teamed, but it's an interesting strategy if she can. :-k

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Isn't Elvarg instanced though? I didn't think she could be double teamed, but it's an interesting strategy if she can. :-k

I'm pretty sure you're right and Elvarg is instanced now.

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

Nostalgic Memories

Written by Isthatok

October 7, 2012

You know you've reached adulthood when you realize there are some things that you can no longer do.

That thought struck me as I was talking to L0rd Slaya earlier today and reading the articles on his website - or technically, yesterday, as it is now past one in the morning and I am still up writing this. I'm sure that, like myself, a great portion of you guys reading this have come a long way playing Runescape over the years. As several of you know, I started playing in 2004 and retired just about a year ago in 2011 as No. 2 on the list of top free players. Nowadays, I'm working towards a demanding engineering degree, and I would never have the time to return to my previous lifestyle - even if I wanted to. Heck, I even got myself a wonderful girlfriend too. But looking back at all those years now, I can't admit that I regret having come this far in Runescape - even now as I am writing to our beloved community. In fact, the reason I am posting is to thank all of you for being a part of this rose of a community all these years, and offer some insight from personal experiences I'd like to share.

Earlier on, we were discussing some of the future changes introduced in the Evolution of Combat beta. I ran around exploring through the beta on my main account, Isthatok. Quite frankly, I was expecting to spawn as a maxed out character of level 200 - but instead I noticed that I had no armour, and a combat level of 4 (don't worry, I'm still maxed out on the real version). It was like starting fresh again, and several memories from my childhood came back to me. Although the tutorial was so different, I felt like a "noob" again - for the first time in eight years. I remembered my first hustle with a goblin, and the time I got too greedy trying to kill one cow too many. Of course, I died both times. All the combat levels of monsters I had had engrained in my head over the years had changed, so I set out to try and find the biggest and baddest monster on the future Runescape (to my disappointment the revenant knight, now level 130, that I had once hunted so passionately for is now outleveled by a mere hellhound of level 132). But my point is that everything felt so new. I began to think about all those hours I spent training on rats and skeletons in the Varrock sewers, and how I never quite passed 100K in gold until I reached level 90. I was quite possibly the most inefficient and poorest player to reach that level. But it was not only the thrill of getting better that kept me going - I would not have made it this far had the free-to-play community not played a part in that too.

Very, very few of you knew this but I'm only eighteen, and if you do the math it won't take you long to realize that I started playing at the age of ten. Moreover, I took on maintaining the list at fifteen. As you would expect, I was probably the most intolerable, stupid, annoying and arrogant kid you would ever consider talking with back in the day, but quite a few members of this community were able to put up with me, and even be friendly in doing so. Amongst these individuals was Syzygy. He's still on my list of inspirational people to date, and I highly doubt he remembers this but when I first met him (he was level 124 at the time), he was very nice and when he mentioned that he was purely free-to-play I guess that was when I thought maybe it was possible after all to reach 126 in free play. However, I pretty much forgot about the incident until I found him fishing in Port Sarim some time later (then 125). I even took a screenshot of him - still not knowing that our list existed. Eventually I kept spotting him and started joining his chat, named Syz Place, and it became my aspiration to stay free-to-play thereafter. He was truly nice to everyone, and has continued to be an inspiration to me throughout the years. There are a lot of names to mention, but I also met Huldarych as one of the oldest names on my current friendlist. He has been a supportive friend and eventually entered our list for some time. He even willed himself to join the clan I started and administered for eleven months back in 2008-2009. I haven't seen him in a long time and I assume he too has moved on but I wish him all the best. There's tons of other people out there on our list and have made a great impact to my time here - you know who you are and I thank you all for sharing these experiences with me. I honestly can't fit eight years of memories into a single post like this so I guess we'll have to settle with this much. Plus it is now past two and I really need to sleep. For everyone else out there, just know that little things and actions can come a long way.

So now we come back to the present. In the next few years, I'll be balancing my life on more important things - education, work, and romance. And then after that? I'll be working and hopefully married for the rest of my life! All this means that I will never try to get those last 5 levels or dungeoneering, or chase any more virtual goals because I not only have no time - there's just no passion or reason to do it and I have bigger and better things to do, like building bridges and stuff. I'll miss my time here on Runescape as a "noob" and there are experiences that I will never revisit. As I have been doing for the past year, I will try to stop by from time to time to chat or try out new updates. As for you guys, I wish you all the best in your future endeavours both in Runescape and in real life. Everyone has their own story. I hope that you guys would be willing to open up and someday write something like this as well!

Thanks also to L0rd Slaya along with his website crew for taking care of the community so well. Keep up the good work!

See you guys around!

~Isthatok

• Like 5

jOi7G.png

~PM me and I'll do my best to make you a signature!~

Sorry it took me a few days, but I've been exceptionally busy irl, so haven't been able to update until now.

List updated : 10/07/2012.

Added:

Martinez45

-

Removed:

Otto mo biel - bumped/no longer meets the requirements

J4ws - bumped/no longer meets the requirements

Pzykk - bumped/no longer meets the requirements

-

Hey guys,

Just a small blurb from me - I couldn't find the archives from last year on the new site so here's the link to it if you'd like to add that to your site :)

https://docs.google....4/edit?hl=en_US

Cheers,

Isthatok

I put a link to the downloadable version under External Links accessible at the bottom of each page, but it totally slipped my mind to add the google docs link as well. It has been added.

• Like 1

o4qq.png

My Pure F2P Blog: CLICK ME

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.

Back then, there was an oversight with the boss fight. If you poisoned Elvarg and teleported out of the arena, you would be teleported back when she dies. This allowed you to smuggle things from Castle Wars and other quest items you were not supposed to have. Jagex fixed it in a way that once you leave the arena, all damage you did to Elvarg would not be registered as yours, because after the patch, Elvarg no longer 'drops' the head but you have to be there to actually slice it off, which is how I got to finish the quest on my low-leveled account with a help of a friend.

That was a year or so back though, not sure if it's instanced now, or not.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Back then, there was an oversight with the boss fight. If you poisoned Elvarg and teleported out of the arena, you would be teleported back when she dies. This allowed you to smuggle things from Castle Wars and other quest items you were not supposed to have. Jagex fixed it in a way that once you leave the arena, all damage you did to Elvarg would not be registered as yours, because after the patch, Elvarg no longer 'drops' the head but you have to be there to actually slice it off, which is how I got to finish the quest on my low-leveled account with a help of a friend.

That was a year or so back though, not sure if it's instanced now, or not.

I guess I haven't done Dragon Slayer for over 3 years, so I wouldn't know. I do remember having to actually slice off the head though, and if memory serves me right, that was instanced.

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

Nostalgic Memories

Written by Isthatok

October 7, 2012

You know you've reached adulthood when you realize there are some things that you can no longer do.

That thought struck me as I was talking to L0rd Slaya earlier today and reading the articles on his website - or technically, yesterday, as it is now past one in the morning and I am still up writing this. I'm sure that, like myself, a great portion of you guys reading this have come a long way playing Runescape over the years. As several of you know, I started playing in 2004 and retired just about a year ago in 2011 as No. 2 on the list of top free players. Nowadays, I'm working towards a demanding engineering degree, and I would never have the time to return to my previous lifestyle - even if I wanted to. Heck, I even got myself a wonderful girlfriend too. But looking back at all those years now, I can't admit that I regret having come this far in Runescape - even now as I am writing to our beloved community. In fact, the reason I am posting is to thank all of you for being a part of this rose of a community all these years, and offer some insight from personal experiences I'd like to share.

Earlier on, we were discussing some of the future changes introduced in the Evolution of Combat beta. I ran around exploring through the beta on my main account, Isthatok. Quite frankly, I was expecting to spawn as a maxed out character of level 200 - but instead I noticed that I had no armour, and a combat level of 4 (don't worry, I'm still maxed out on the real version). It was like starting fresh again, and several memories from my childhood came back to me. Although the tutorial was so different, I felt like a "noob" again - for the first time in eight years. I remembered my first hustle with a goblin, and the time I got too greedy trying to kill one cow too many. Of course, I died both times. All the combat levels of monsters I had had engrained in my head over the years had changed, so I set out to try and find the biggest and baddest monster on the future Runescape (to my disappointment the revenant knight, now level 130, that I had once hunted so passionately for is now outleveled by a mere hellhound of level 132). But my point is that everything felt so new. I began to think about all those hours I spent training on rats and skeletons in the Varrock sewers, and how I never quite passed 100K in gold until I reached level 90. I was quite possibly the most inefficient and poorest player to reach that level. But it was not only the thrill of getting better that kept me going - I would not have made it this far had the free-to-play community not played a part in that too.

Very, very few of you knew this but I'm only eighteen, and if you do the math it won't take you long to realize that I started playing at the age of ten. Moreover, I took on maintaining the list at fifteen. As you would expect, I was probably the most intolerable, stupid, annoying and arrogant kid you would ever consider talking with back in the day, but quite a few members of this community were able to put up with me, and even be friendly in doing so. Amongst these individuals was Syzygy. He's still on my list of inspirational people to date, and I highly doubt he remembers this but when I first met him (he was level 124 at the time), he was very nice and when he mentioned that he was purely free-to-play I guess that was when I thought maybe it was possible after all to reach 126 in free play. However, I pretty much forgot about the incident until I found him fishing in Port Sarim some time later (then 125). I even took a screenshot of him - still not knowing that our list existed. Eventually I kept spotting him and started joining his chat, named Syz Place, and it became my aspiration to stay free-to-play thereafter. He was truly nice to everyone, and has continued to be an inspiration to me throughout the years. There are a lot of names to mention, but I also met Huldarych as one of the oldest names on my current friendlist. He has been a supportive friend and eventually entered our list for some time. He even willed himself to join the clan I started and administered for eleven months back in 2008-2009. I haven't seen him in a long time and I assume he too has moved on but I wish him all the best. There's tons of other people out there on our list and have made a great impact to my time here - you know who you are and I thank you all for sharing these experiences with me. I honestly can't fit eight years of memories into a single post like this so I guess we'll have to settle with this much. Plus it is now past two and I really need to sleep. For everyone else out there, just know that little things and actions can come a long way.

So now we come back to the present. In the next few years, I'll be balancing my life on more important things - education, work, and romance. And then after that? I'll be working and hopefully married for the rest of my life! All this means that I will never try to get those last 5 levels or dungeoneering, or chase any more virtual goals because I not only have no time - there's just no passion or reason to do it and I have bigger and better things to do, like building bridges and stuff. I'll miss my time here on Runescape as a "noob" and there are experiences that I will never revisit. As I have been doing for the past year, I will try to stop by from time to time to chat or try out new updates. As for you guys, I wish you all the best in your future endeavours both in Runescape and in real life. Everyone has their own story. I hope that you guys would be willing to open up and someday write something like this as well!

Thanks also to L0rd Slayer along with his website crew for taking care of the community so well. Keep up the good work!

See you guys around!

~Isthatok

Reading your story pretty much feels like reading my own history and thoughts. You're just a small step ahead of me, I still got the time to fool arround on the internet. I didn't know you were studying to become a (civil) engineer btw, I guess that makes two of us (I do mechanical engineering). :P

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png

Isthatok, thanks so much for that post. I'd like to share something as well.

Like you, I've been playing since 2004 (was 14 at the time), but unlike you I haven't quite gotten to the point where I think I need to stop—or not even that I necessarily need to, but that the daily course of events just keeps me so occupied that time doesn't allow me to play the game anymore. Despite being a senior at university, I'm only taking 9 hours (and 3 are for an online class, so my load is extremely light, plus I have 3 days a week off) and am currently unemployed, though I am looking for part-time work.

In August, I had an interesting crossroads. Up until that point, I had always viewed my RS experience as something fun, and I hardly ever got bored playing it. Granted, I always multitasked—watched TV/movies, talked to friends on multiple chat channels—but actually playing the game was always an entertaining component of that whole package. It never felt like a chore to me. But then, after I had just hit 97 fishing (many of you here know what kind of toll that takes on you, especially after you've already gotten 99 mining), I really, truly started to get bored while playing. It didn't matter what I did while I played anymore; I could only do it for a very short while before I just couldn't take it anymore and had to log off. It was the first time in my 8 years of playing that I had seriously considered quitting Runescape.

I even came up with all sorts of rationalizations justifying my big move to quit. The game was much more fun during my earlier years, when about 5 other irl friends played with me and we did all kinds of things together. By the end of 2007, all of them had quit, and now only one other irl friend of mine still plays—and we see each other more irl than we do in-game. Another thing I considered was that for all the years I played, I stood by the dictum (and still do) that people should play games to have fun, and if a person isn't having fun anymore with a game, they've missed the purpose of playing it altogether and—in all logical sense—should quit. I found myself completely unable to reconcile my new lack of interest in Runescape with this philosophy. I told myself that that was it; RS had nothing left for me and I had to quit. I was even on the brink of drafting up a long-winded goodbye post to post on the F2P Discussion Thread, but I decided to put it off for a little. I'm glad I did.

My parents and I went on a vacation the next day. We spent the next 4 days in a small, quiet little town that resembled the ones in modern Hallmark movies. There was a Bed & Breakfast and, aside from my phone (which I hardly used), I really didn't have Internet access. Not that I don't get enough fresh air or anything, but being in this secluded little town for a while gave me a lot of time to think things out properly in a setting where playing RS wasn't even an option for me. I started to miss the game a little bit towards the end (I should note that I never had an unhealthy obsession with this game or anything—my grades did suffer significantly in 2005 because of the priority I let RS take over my schoolwork, but thankfully I was able to realize that, cut down my playing time, and fix my behavior before it was too late). I realized that I might have been a bit too hasty in my judgment—that I still do have some love left for the game, but that I would need a new "hobby" to keep me entertained while I played (because let's face it, who here fishes and does just that while they play?).

That's when I rediscovered reading. Shortly before we went on our vacation, I had bought a Kindle and literally put 800 books on it. I had especially taken a liking to classic novels, and call me crazy, but the first book I decided to read on my Kindle was the unabridged version of Les Misérables. At a whopping 1488 pages, it's one of the longest novels ever written. But it keeps me so engaged, as do classic novels in general, that I realized this was something I could do as I played and it wouldn't have any negative impact on me whatsoever.

When I got home, I tried it out for a bit. Sure enough, I was right. I could fish, chill in the Pure F2Ps chat, and read at the same time and essentially feel no boredom at all. Plus, over the past few days, I've really wanted to log on and play even if I didn't have my Kindle with me. More than just a crutch, I really think it helped re-kindle (no pun intended) my love for RS. Maybe everybody has a little something like that that works for them, who knows. :)

But anyway, to those of you like Isthatok who have moved onto better things, I'm really happy for you guys and wish you all the success in the world. I honestly can't wait until I get to that stage in my life. I love this game, but I cherish the prospect of having a successful life full of happiness much, much more, even if that means Runescape can't be a part of it. But for now, I've got time to play it and it's bringing me happiness once again, so I'm here to stay for at least a while longer. :)

• Like 2

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

Great stories, I can find many similarities.

If someone could post any pure f2p players friends chat I would be thankful and maybe sometimes join to chat.

581st to Cooking 99 [June 2005]-------------71537th to Hitpoints 99 [December 2009]

233rd to Firemaking 99 [February 2006]----65875th to Defence 99 [February 2010]

822nd to Woodcutting 99 [March 2006]------95249th to Attack 99 [April 2010]

576th to Fishing 99 [september 2006]-------14016th to Crafting 99 [January 2011]

83541st to Strength 99 [May 2009]----------124340th to Magic 99 [June 2011]

23885th to Smithing 99 [september 2011]--XXXXXXth to Ranged 99 [October 2012]

F2p forever ...

Whoops, yeah, I misspoke when I said Pure F2Ps; I meant F2P United. :P

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

I put some pictures online, so if any of you wants to check them out, here is the link:

http://s46.photobucket.com/profile/Mackenzie14

581st to Cooking 99 [June 2005]-------------71537th to Hitpoints 99 [December 2009]

233rd to Firemaking 99 [February 2006]----65875th to Defence 99 [February 2010]

822nd to Woodcutting 99 [March 2006]------95249th to Attack 99 [April 2010]

576th to Fishing 99 [september 2006]-------14016th to Crafting 99 [January 2011]

83541st to Strength 99 [May 2009]----------124340th to Magic 99 [June 2011]

23885th to Smithing 99 [september 2011]--XXXXXXth to Ranged 99 [October 2012]

F2p forever ...

A special update, I can proudly say. To be quite honest, I myself wasn't sure a couple of years ago, that I'd make it this far. But finally, here we are. Unfortunately, couldn't have a substantial gathering due to lack of time. But nevertheless, I would like to present this screenshot to you, Slaya. ^_^

Saira1610sStats_zpsd537a435.jpg

As always, keep up the fine work and you have my support! :)

• Like 1

Congrats again, Saira, would have loved to be there. Too bad you already had the level when I got online yesterday :P I'll be there when you max, at least ^^

kE23O.png

• Like 1

My words, but a whisper - your deafness, a shout.

-

If the future's looking dark, we're the ones who have to shine. If there's no one in control, we're the ones who draw the line

-

Quick to judge, quick to anger, slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand.

Indeed Saira, congratulations :) Very Impressed ^.^

o4qq.png

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.

Congrats Saira :D You are really awesome and never fail to impress me, be in-game or elsewhere. I wish you the best in your future endeavours. :)

Thanks again, Slaya and Fazal. :) It feels so nice when you support me and inturn drives me harder to perform. ^^

2h49w1c.jpg

Amazing! Congratulations 3008jasper on becoming the 6th Pure F2Per to max since Dungeoneering was released! :twss:

o4qq.png