New Top 250 F2P Skill Total List

Lord Slayas

Glad to see you've been keeping up with runespanning Fluh. Might be first to 200M after all, I see Syzygy is at 181M in his thread on the official forums. Will be nice to see F2P gain two 200M rc'ers soon. :)

I've been pretty out of touch with the RS community for a while, just training mining in the wilderness (with private off most of the time), finally achieving that elusive 99 about an hour ago. Is there anyone else going for 200M rc that is as far as they two? I was also wondering if there is anyone going for 200M fishing/defence/prayer/constitution (the other skills a F2Per has never gotten).

Enlighten me, please. :P

oiixu4d.png

Congratulations to both of you! :thumbsup:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Howdy folks,

I bet someone can help me. I have not been able to access the purefreetoplay site for quite some time. Mozilla says problem loading page, Explorer says cannot display the webpage.

If anyone has suggestions I would be grateful. It sounds like some awsome changes have been made and have been looking forward to seeing them for some time.

Thanks in advance to all that point me in the right direction,

Gafe

It works just fine for me. Which URL are you using (Slaya changed sites a while back)? It should be: http://www.purefreetoplay.comze.com

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Very large update this time: 02/20/2013

Added:

M I A O W - Active Total List

LogOnBeach - Active Exp List

Fafman - Active Exp List

Tyr96 - Converted Total & Exp Lists

-

Removed:

Stones Boy - Went P2P (Active & Converted, Total & Experience Lists)

Correct - Name Change (Active Exp List)

-

A lot of topics to run through here, i'll do my best to keep it short.

First of all, I think this was the largest list update I have ever done (definitely the biggest without adding anyone completely new), and a big thanks to everyone who sent in submissions this time and helped make the lists more accurate. A special congratulations to Fluhminator on 190m Runecrafting Exp, Wertyue on 99 Mining (jelly!), Fire Hawk154 on 99 Smithing, LogOnBeach on 100m total Exp, and Tyr96 on making both Converted Lists! Very epic achievements guys!

@ Stones Boy: It's always sad when we lose a member of our community, and extra so when we lose one of the few who have managed to max, but we understand, and wish you the best of luck. Going P2P does not change what you managed to achieve while you were F2P, you will always be one of the first 10 players to max level-wise since Dungeoneering came out, and thank you very much for letting us know firsthand. Hope you have fun in P2P, all the best!

@ Wertyue: I believe Lady Loxley is slowly working her way towards 200m Runecrafting as well (Over 100m Exp) but last time she spoke about it, she made it clear that she wasn't in any rush.

As for the other skills... before EOC, Meneer Naab was going for 200m Defence. I know he put it on hold to focus on maxing (Which he might have accomplished already, I am not sure?). I am not sure if he enjoys EOC and plans on continuing Defence or not, though.

For Fishing, Orbitperson is currently pursuing it, although in his own way (Lobsters) and does not seem to be in any hurry. I am not sure if 200m is truly his end goal, but I know he is one of the top players for it, and it is all he ever seems to train. As well, whenever S Diamant Y gets on these days, apparently she splits her time between Pking and Fishing, so technically she is going for it as well.

For Constitution & Prayer, no one is actively pursuing them as far as I know, although I could be wrong.

@ Gafelgafi: I am not sure what the problem is, as far as I know, it works for pretty much everyone else. Even the old site address is still up and running (although I meant to take it down, decided against it for nostalgia purposes). It is possible you simply have really bad luck, and try and load it while under maintenance (Unlikely, but possible). Other then that, I am really not sure what the issue is.

-On A Side Note-

It has also come to my attention that there are several players currently on one or more of the 250 Lists that sent in a submission back towards when I first started this list, but have not sent in any updates since. While when & if you update is totally up to you, the player, it is hard to list such players as "Verified", since it has been so long, and they have likely made some, even if only small, progress. While we will not, of course, be removing said players, if an update is not received within 1 year from the initial submission, they will be placed among the group of unverified players for ranking purposes. Of course, this is something we would very much like to avoid, if possible, but it is necessary to keep the lists as accurate as possible. If anyone is currently in touch with any of these players (or of course any of those from the old lists who have not been added yet) and could put them in touch with us, it would be very much appreciated.

A few of the players that are nearing this time frame and definitely need to be updated would be:

Meneer Naab, Gereed123, Funk471, Hagar888, Arpe12, Muziekman1, Herr Mickey, Sirhasenfurz, Littlepele10, Mr Floweropo, Iggyboy2, Dartfield, Sees All1, Ilovemogtime, Nerd735, Peat77, Dindiin, Loyij, Sin To Alch, Dungeon Mak

There are more, of course, these are just a few I personally noticed while doing the last update.

I think that just about covers it. Thank you very much everyone for your continuing support! See you all in 5 days :)

o4qq.png

My Pure F2P Blog: CLICK ME

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.

Howdy folks,

I bet someone can help me. I have not been able to access the purefreetoplay site for quite some time. Mozilla says problem loading page, Explorer says cannot display the webpage.

If anyone has suggestions I would be grateful. It sounds like some awsome changes have been made and have been looking forward to seeing them for some time.

Thanks in advance to all that point me in the right direction,

Gafe

I can't access it either. I'm using the purefreetoplaycomze one linked by kaida and searched on google for it, but it does not load for me.

I get the error after like 2 mins of trying to load: Been this way for the last few days that I have tried to check.

"Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to purefreetoplay.comze.com"

For Gafelgafi, Bond4evr, and anyone else who browses this forum but has been unable to access the site:

ibvFDMeFiMqMuQ.png

Back when he ran the list, A U R A (as well as some previous maintainers) used to occasionally attach a picture of the list at the bottom of each update for those people who had problems accessing the old Runehead website. Although I definitely will not be doing this every single update, as it is a fair bit of work to stitch all the screenshots together and make them look decent, I think for the first update of each month from now on, I will attach such a picture.

-Side Note- I maintain four lists, unlike the previous maintainers (Active Total, Active Exp, Converted Total, Converted Exp) but I do not really think I will have the time to stitch together and upload pictures of all four lists each time. So, for now, the picture that will be added shall be the Active Total List.

Still not sure why some people cannot access the site, I've asked quite a few, and so far only the two who posted above, and 1 other have mentioned the problem. If anyone knows why it is happening, or how to fix it, please let us know so that the problem can be resolved as soon as possible.

In case anyone doesn't have these links already,

Site homepage: [Link]

250 List Selection Page: [Link]

Original Total List: [Link]

Active Total List: [Link]

Converted Total List: [Link]

~The Purefreetoplay team.

o4qq.png

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.

List updated 02/25/2013

Added:

-

Removed:

-

Medium sized update this time, congratulations to everyone on those nice levels you all managed to get :)

A big thanks as well to Arpe12 for getting in contact with us (mentioned last update) and for achieving all f2p 99s! As well, welcome back to RS Iv4r :D

o4qq.png

Howdy folks,

Thanks Slayas for the post of the list, and for all the time spent maintaining the list.

I am not sure why I can't access the purefreetoplay site, neither from home or from the computers where I work a few miles down the road. I have had success reaching the site through proxy servers. If any others are having problems that is an option.

Congrats to you all on those recent levels. Fire Hawk and I must have leveled smithing to 99 in the same week.

Planning on an update soon, waiting until I pop my Range bubble.

Peace all.

Gafe

Update time.

28Feb13_zps71b70a2e.png

So I'm guessing free players are allowed to level up members' skills to level 5 beginning whenever they implement the update? My view of it is that since it's available on a free-to-play server to do this it would be allowed. Any opinions on this?

jOi7G.png

~PM me and I'll do my best to make you a signature!~

So I'm guessing free players are allowed to level up members' skills to level 5 beginning whenever they implement the update? My view of it is that since it's available on a free-to-play server to do this it would be allowed. Any opinions on this?

The problem arises that after this it will be impossible to tell what accounts are genuinely F2P, or which are former members.

There's been nonstop debates going on all day in the friends chat about this (and we've only known about it for a few hours after all), and everyone has a different opinion. If you get experience in skills that are Pay-To-Play, can you really be considered Pure F2p? One of the requirements for being Pure F2p is, and has always been "Has no experience in P2P skills or rankings in P2P Minigames." Quite a few of us older players are vehemently against this. And let us not forget the inummerable easier training methods that are going to come in force (even the possibility of using a former P2P friend's Gilded Altar to train prayer) and totally undermine what we have all achieved thus far. Even those who would try and avoid getting this P2P experience, accidents (such as is guaranteed to happen in Dungeoneering and other places) and the like would prevent us.

Of course, the fact that you can train these in F2P now has also sparked the other side, "Since we can do it in F2P, isn't it F2P?"

It really seems to me that Jagex is trying to put a final nail in the coffin that has become F2P, getting rid of the trial and turning the entire F2P game into a P2P Trial.

I'm really unsure about the future of the 250 Lists, and the F2P game in general at the moment. I am going to discuss this thoroughly with the Purefreetoplay team before coming to a decision on whether or not we will continue the Lists if this update does indeed come to pass. I hope we can, but it seems to me to be an insurmountable task.

As soon as we have come to a final decision, I will let everyone know via this forum thread, and of course, feel free to discuss this here as it affects all of us, and I would like to know everyone's opinion on it. I will, of course, continue to update the Lists in the meantime.

-Lord Slayas.

o4qq.png

The problem arises that after this it will be impossible to tell what accounts are genuinely F2P, or which are former members.

There's been nonstop debates going on all day in the friends chat about this (and we've only known about it for a few hours after all), and everyone has a different opinion. If you get experience in skills that are Pay-To-Play, can you really be considered Pure F2p? One of the requirements for being Pure F2p is, and has always been "Has no experience in P2P skills or rankings in P2P Minigames." Quite a few of us older players are vehemently against this. And let us not forget the inummerable easier training methods that are going to come in force (even the possibility of using a former P2P friend's Gilded Altar to train prayer) and totally undermine what we have all achieved thus far. Even those who would try and avoid getting this P2P experience, accidents (such as is guaranteed to happen in Dungeoneering and other places) and the like would prevent us.

Of course, the fact that you can train these in F2P now has also sparked the other side, "Since we can do it in F2P, isn't it F2P?"

It really seems to me that Jagex is trying to put a final nail in the coffin that has become F2P, getting rid of the trial and turning the entire F2P game into a P2P Trial.

I'm really unsure about the future of the 250 Lists, and the F2P game in general at the moment. I am going to discuss this thoroughly with the Purefreetoplay team before coming to a decision on whether or not we will continue the Lists if this update does indeed come to pass. I hope we can, but it seems to me to be an insurmountable task.

As soon as we have come to a final decision, I will let everyone know via this forum thread, and of course, feel free to discuss this here as it affects all of us, and I would like to know everyone's opinion on it. I will, of course, continue to update the Lists in the meantime.

-Lord Slayas.

One of the requirements of being a pure F2P account is having no members skills. But, as the game changes the rules have to change. I'd say it should be completely allowed to get level 5 in all members skills because it doesn't have much effect on anything. It does not make it any easier to distinguish who is a member and who is not, because you could easily be a member and not have any P2P skills. Also, you can just look in the hiscores for them if they are P2P. I don't know what effects having Taverly and other areas open to us will have though, I haven't been on a p2p account in a couple years.

Animorph_2.png

So people who got 10 xp in Agility 3 years ago by mistake can sneak on the F2P list, big deal. Otherwise there isn't much distinction.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

They're removing the 'trial', and simply just adding related P2P skills into F2P, I say it's perfectly fine to change the rules to take into account for said skills now.

If anything, this change actually opens up the Top 250 hiscores to new players as you don't have to start as a P2P player anymore.

EDIT: Unsure about Gilded altars being opened up to F2P players. As of now this is all speculation, but nothing more than introducing a faster training method for F2P players, like how RuneSpan did for runecrafting.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12