Hide Stickies

The sticky/announcement threads are helpful and all that, but many of them are kind of one-off aside from occasional reference. Would it be possible to hide these or at least shove them down to the bottom of the page so one can see the actual active threads without scrolling down?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Well we wouldn't want to hide them or put them at the bottom since they have to be noticeable. I would be open to an option where each user could hide them his/herself after reading them, but that's not possible without some kind of custom modification.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Yeah unfortunately it would require some custom coding. I don't even know if a mod like that already exists or not. We really do try to avoid having custom mods though since they require constant updating and such.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I don't mind it personally. After spending so much time with RSOF, it's fairly easy to manage how stickies work here compared to there lol.

Also, if the sticky is ever updated, wouldn't it be good to have it not hidden? How would someone find it if they need to access it if the sticky is hidden?

alazsig.png

Tip.It has been pretty good about getting rid of unnecessary stickies. The few that remain are the more necessary ones to have, and they arn't many.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey folks! I've released the greasemonkey userscript to hide stickies!

You can get it here: http://forum.tip.it/blog/504/entry-3142-hidden-stickies-grease-monkeying-with-tipit/

This userscript will add an [x] next to each sticky which will let you hide it.

There is a counter above the stickies that tells you how many you have hidden on that page and gives you the option to display them.

If you want to unhide a sticky you need to click "[click to show]" above the list of stickies and then choose the "[+]" option for each individual sticky you want to unhide.

This userscript relies on the cookie named "hidden_stickies", so if you clean out your cookies often this script won't be much help.

If for some reason the script doesn't appear to be working properly, please disable it and let me know the issues you ran into.

If you use it, or have any questions, let me know. :)