Possible second bot nuke already?

Mojo_Monkey

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No.

Bot nukes are to do with breaking bots not banning them.

Jagex has periodically been doing mass bannings ever since the other bot nuke which is what causes random rank jumps every now and then (combined with f2pers being removed when they unsubscribe)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

No.

Bot nukes are to do with breaking bots not banning them.

Jagex has periodically been doing mass bannings ever since the other bot nuke which is what causes random rank jumps every now and then (combined with f2pers being removed when they unsubscribe)

Well what I called it was incorrect, but significant none the less in my opinion.

orlyn.png

youry.png

Not really, it's been happening around once every 2 - 4 weeks ever since the bot nuke. It's nothing new and all discussion about it has been exhaustively covered on the many other bot threads we have here over the past months.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Not really, it's been happening around once every 2 - 4 weeks ever since the bot nuke. It's nothing new and all discussion about it has been exhaustively covered on the many other bot threads we have here over the past months.

Okay, then if this is true then the topic will be locked, etc.

orlyn.png

youry.png

*Just* another mass ban? This seems rather huge. Some people gaining almost 50k ranks means that they must have banned hundreds of thousands. I also saw suomi gain ranks in several 200m skills (got some myself as well), which means also high levelled players were banned. This is big.

Definitely another massban. I went up 5 overall ranks (470-465) and between 10-500 ranks in other skills. Kinda sad how maxed players are still botting/doing other illegal things.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Maybe just a massban tbh.

Why do people think they do mass bans? Does it really make sense that Jagex collects thousands of accounts that are confirmed bots to simply ban them all in one day?

Don't forget that people's memberships expiring and causing them to be taken off the hiscores is also a cause.

09144a99bb.png

Why do people think they do mass bans? Does it really make sense that Jagex collects thousands of accounts that are confirmed bots to simply ban them all in one day?

Don't forget that people's memberships expiring and causing them to be taken off the hiscores is also a cause.

People go on and off the hiscores daily... but gaining 50k ranks in a day? That can only be a mass ban. That's not just simply hundreds of thousands of accounts losing membership.

I'm simply arguing the logic/probability of mass bans existing. It makes no sense, seeing as how the people I know who've been banned using free-poorly-written-scripts have been banned within hours of using them.

09144a99bb.png

Sure. Alot of players could have let their membership expire for this month. But you forget it is mad may and people would want to reap the 250k bonus XP reward and 5k Loyalty points that will assist in the claiming of Tier 4 auras! Only fools and sensible people would let their membership expire this month.

It's probably easier to massban than to go through the banning process for each account 1-by-1. I don't work at jagex, I don't know what systems they have in place. Maybe it takes a search and a click or it is a long winded process of drag-and-dropping into the banned-bin.

Luck be a Lady

I'm simply arguing the logic/probability of mass bans existing. It makes no sense, seeing as how the people I know who've been banned using free-poorly-written-scripts have been banned within hours of using them.

But jmods have said they do mass bannings and the highscore tracker page that MageUK put on tip.it (thought broken atm) actively showed a big drop off every few weeks from mass bannings.

Saying it's just people quitting etc in face of the evidence of a noticeable big drop off every few weeks is plain illogical.

The numbers fluctuate daily, but every few weeks there is a noticeable sudden drop off of several thousands due to a mass banning.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I don't have any inside info on this, but I would guess that there are two categories to consider - there's the player accounts that happen to be using a bot for a while, and there are goldfarming accounts that have never been operated by a legitimate player. The players who just bot now and then are more likely to be spot-banned one by one, while the goldfarmers are probably the ones being mass-banned, since they tend to operate en-masse - find one, and you find hundreds more doing the exact same thing.

So yeah, there are some being banned one by one, and some being banned all at once - it makes sense both ways.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

It's a valid point, but you're neglecting to take into account the "good PR" they get from this. It placates the community and leaves the impression that work is being done to stop the botting that plagues the game. Basically a stall tactic.

hzvjpwS.gif

I'm inclined to agree with Kimberly. A possibility that I just thought of is that Jagex is continually locking the accounts for botters, rwters, and the like and then just doing a mass ban and removal from hiscores in one fell swoop so that we'll notice it more.

Great (and yet sad) to see that a lot of high levels are getting banned though.

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

I don't doubt they missed some, but they still got a considerable amount.

Im saying 70% of high levels botted 2 or more skills

This is such a made up fact.

While some high-levels certainly botted I can say with 100% certainty none of the high levels I know have ever botted and I know several people maxed or close to maxed and sincerely doubt that a majority (of those remaining at least) botted skills.

Evidence for this would be the fact of very minimal rank gains for high levels, most of my 99s aren't exactly super high ranks (like 20k - 40k) and only gain like 100-200 ranks from this kind of banning. Even my stats that are lower but still quite high (eg 90s) only gain 1 or 2k ranks max.

The whole 'most high levels botted' trope more often than not just seems like of an evolution of high level = no-life thing, which kinda stems from jealousy since its trying to discredit the achievement of anyone high level.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Just check the top 100 ranks of hunter and see how many bot names are on there...

And yes, I'm aware that a bot name isn't enough evidence for it actually being a bot, and I'm not suggesting banning them because of that, but I'm just saying, it's not too unlikely that a fair number of those ARE actually bots...and that's the accounts with the highest experience in that skill in the whole game...