Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Possible second bot nuke already?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,086 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

It's just putting two and two together. Between the people who admit that they have botted (if you've known they for a while), and the people who one might suspect are botting (how many people can click repetitively and not even have the slightest desire to say "Hi," despite having time to do so), what conclusion does one draw?

If you are metagaming you do not have time to do so. Typing takes precise ticks which impacts on the xp:hr in the long run.
Plus being unsociable is hardly a good measure to go by at all many people be clicking away but watching tv or talking on skype and not paying attention to chat, some will even have chat turned off.

Not talking is the absolutely WORST measure of botting, especially seeing as most bots these days are more than capable of holding a basic conversation so if anything passing basic chitchat of hi, what's your level etc. is more indicative of a possible bot than not talking at all.

I remember when bots used to talk. I would say "Stupid level?" And much to people's bemusement, the air altar became filled with quick-chatted "My Runecrafting level is []." And if you try out some of those AI programmed to hold a conversation, you'll see it's easy to distinguish a difference after a few lines-they tend to say something random or miss anything subtle.
"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

NastyJenny
[ Display Name History ]

NastyJenny

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 165 posts
I've seen and reported quite a few maxed player boting cooking in the cooking guild... How to tell ? Sometimes their bot messed up and they run next to the range, stay there a while, return bank, repeat. That lasts for a few minutes... Next to keyboard botting i guess. SAD... they could just afk like allmost everybody else.
Posted Image

Quorra
[ Display Name History ]

Quorra

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 512 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Resistian
Have they increased the chance of a random event? I used to get one about every 500k xp and now I've gotten 6 in 1.2m xp

bGmskuB.gif

Jonanananas
[ Display Name History ]

Jonanananas

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,308 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Jonanananas
  • Clan:World60pengs

Have they increased the chance of a random event? I used to get one about every 500k xp and now I've gotten 6 in 1.2m xp

Wasn't it one in 200k for a fair while now already?

Omali
[ Display Name History ]

Omali

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,429 posts
  • RSN:mtomali
There was a mass ban of some sort, hinted at if you read Jagex's Twitter. Someone congratulated them on a successful bot nuke and they replied with a ";)"
Posted Image

Posted Image

Bauke
[ Display Name History ]

Bauke

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,553 posts
  • RSN:Quitter
  • Clan:True Maxed

Wasn't it one in 200k for a fair while now already?

I thought so too. I don't feel it has changed.

Th e Doctor
[ Display Name History ]

Th e Doctor

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,081 posts
Been pking green dragon bots for laughs. It's pretty fun, like hitting a pinata when one drops 10+ green dragonhides and bones. Get it in now before optimus ruins it (and by ruins I mean makes everything better)

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,086 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
Also, note that by banning 100k or whatever number of bots at once, it will have a much more devastating impact, if you will. All of a sudden they go from full steam ahead to no more gp for a while, rather than noting that a few of their bots are starting to get banned and having time to adapt (including transferring off the cash).
"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Huzzah
[ Display Name History ]

Huzzah

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 302 posts
  • RSN:Huzzah
  • RSN2:G o d
  • Clan:K.o.A.
Im sure theyre will always be high levels who risk botting as long as theres a way but i bet theres many more that dont. I gained a decent chunk of ranks.

keep up the good work Jagex. =D
Posted Image
Posted Image

Boredom RS
[ Display Name History ]

Boredom RS

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 172 posts
  • RSN:Boredom
Did Lover Romeo get banned???
Posted Image

Miss Lioness
[ Display Name History ]

Miss Lioness

the Pyromaniac

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,491 posts
  • RSN:Miss Lioness
  • Clan:Efficiency Experts
He might aswell gone f2p ;d

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help[left]. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Auror
[ Display Name History ]

Auror

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 772 posts
  • RSN:Don Auror

Definitely another massban. I went up 5 overall ranks (470-465) and between 10-500 ranks in other skills. Kinda sad how maxed players are still botting/doing other illegal things.

Or maybe the 5 maxed players went F2P.

fwhale
[ Display Name History ]

fwhale

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • RSN:fwhale
Was just wondering, where can you view the sort of data displayed in the first post?
Posted Image

Lord Paul
[ Display Name History ]

Lord Paul

The answer is Quyneax

• Members
  • 1,540 posts
  • RSN:Lord Paul

Was just wondering, where can you view the sort of data displayed in the first post?

Runetracker
Welcome to the Forums! :smile: You can introduce yourself here.
Working on max and completionist capes.
2435/2475

Alaz
[ Display Name History ]

Alaz

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • RSN:Alaz

Runetracker

Ah so THAT is what people use runetracker for. I always have used the other one (runetrack). Thanks for answering the same question I had. :)

On topic - it's nice to see some (a lot) bots were banned. I still hope for the bigger nukes, though since Optimus is released at this point, I don't know if they'll officially announce them.

Posted Image

Jonanananas
[ Display Name History ]

Jonanananas

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,308 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Jonanananas
  • Clan:World60pengs

Runetracker

Ah so THAT is what people use runetracker for. I always have used the other one (runetrack). Thanks for answering the same question I had. :)

On topic - it's nice to see some (a lot) bots were banned. I still hope for the bigger nukes, though since Optimus is released at this point, I don't know if they'll officially announce them.

Optimus isn't yet released, or at least not the bot-nuking part of it, from how I understand what Jmods posted.

Avid43
[ Display Name History ]

Avid43

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 335 posts
  • RSN:Avid43
Yeah I still see bots at Blue Dragons for example, when I run past to the Black Demons.
Posted Image

Mil
[ Display Name History ]

Mil

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,138 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Mil
http://open.tip.it/high-score-stats

Not perfect, but you can see how many people are being banned every so often.

Alaz
[ Display Name History ]

Alaz

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • RSN:Alaz

Optimus isn't yet released, or at least not the bot-nuking part of it, from how I understand what Jmods posted.

Today's release has seen the introduction of the Optimus platform in place of many older build systems. As you've seen, this means that the recent performance issues have be resolved for almost all players, although there are still some engine updates being worked on to improve performance even further in various areas. :)

Optimus is not a change to the game engine itself, but a library that allows us to develop fixes to these sorts of issues very quickly. While today's update has already acted as another nuke to bots, it was targeted towards performance improvements and so is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to bot prevention. Optimus will allow us to introduce various anti-bot measures seamlessly, regularly, and without reducing performance heavily. We also have another huge update in development along side all of this to break bots of every kind (not just 'inflection' bots). There's a lot coming in the near future; watch this space!

QFC: 25-26-187-63506974 page 597

Optimus is released; but as you said, the bot nuking aspect isn't absolutely released yet.

http://open.tip.it/high-score-stats

Not perfect, but you can see how many people are being banned every so often.

Neat!

Posted Image

Naraku893
[ Display Name History ]

Naraku893

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,074 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
So they are actually banning bots now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users