qbd 100% drop?

turothking

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dragon horns maybe? Could be crafted into like a barbarian horn that when blown gives you the passive buff mentioned?

that sounds interesting, but i dont think that will be the case, remember you wont be able to kill it so you probably wont be able to get any of her body parts. :P

Turothking.png

Dragon horns maybe? Could be crafted into like a barbarian horn that when blown gives you the passive buff mentioned?

that sounds interesting, but i dont think that will be the case, remember you wont be able to kill it so you probably wont be able to get any of her body parts. :P

I disagree with that thought. I would like to imagine that after fighting a beast so grand and monstrous we would be able to cut off a horn as for a trophy to flaunt against the dragonkin.

I would think that whatever we received fro the loot chest would be something generic or eventually obtainable from the ge.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I disagree with that thought. I would like to imagine that after fighting a beast so grand and monstrous we would be able to cut off a horn as for a trophy to flaunt against the dragonkin.

I would think that whatever we received fro the loot chest would be something generic or eventually obtainable from the ge.

i still doubt you can get any of her horns tbh, but i guess only time will tell :P

Turothking.png

i still doubt you can get any of her horns tbh, but i guess only time will tell :P

Heck I'm sure jagex might even make it where it drops hardened black dragon scales that would be crafted into you're black dragon hide sets to give it better stats. That would be nice.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Did you see how many horns were on her head? I'm sure she wouldn't miss one let alone notice it missing... For a while at least.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Did you see how many horns were on her head? I'm sure she wouldn't miss one let alone notice it missing... For a while at least.

true, but that would mean there was a limit to how many times you could fight her, unless she has some sort of instant healing. i just find it hard to believe jagex would make it possible to chop her horns of. oh well, for all i know you might be correct

Turothking.png

true, but that would mean there was a limit to how many times you could fight her, unless she has some sort of instant healing. i just find it hard to believe jagex would make it possible to chop her horns of. oh well, for all i know you might be correct

Well I think once you have one horn, in this case a one-off trophy to recognize her defeat, you wouldn't need more than one. I mean it's not like you're going out to wrestle the proverbial alligator and pull it's tooth out. Continuing with the proverbial statment - Then by happenstance find him again as your traveling and tell yourself, "oh hell naw I'm going to restle that beast again and get me an alligator tooth necklace!" After defeating the QBD the first time I'm sure getting by with a horn and few scales for subduing her would be suitable. As for a bit of the stereotypical mammoth sized task of dragon-slaying which in this case is putting her to sleep we get to sneak into her coffers for some loot as a bonus for defeating her.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

We're really just over-thinking it here. It will probably just a simple dragon bone.

Thinking logically I would honestly assume it would drop nothing and a cut scene would ensue where the camera would pan out at the queen black dragon lets out a tired bellow with withering flames and smoke coming from its mouth. She would then slightly stretch, lie her head down and go to sleep and the screen would fade to black. From there a message would pop up congratulating you and subduing the queen black dragon. After clicking through the message it would then mention something about finding another doorway that was previously blocked by her giant body which would lead to the coffers.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I don't see the logic in tying such an elaborate cutscene to her death. Again, I think you're overthinking it.

I never said 'death'. Maybe your just not taking time to read and piece together what I said. I pretty much summed up what happens when you fight bork only. Instead, in my minds eye mind you, the QBD would involve a longer cut scene showing her FALLING BACK TO SLEEP and then maybe the passage way to the coffers being uncovered.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I read what you said exactly - "falling asleep" and no longer being able to fight her is essentially death for a boss hunter. And again, there is virtually no supporting evidence to there being a cutscene, which is why I question how it's "logical" to come to that conclusion. No need to try to insult my reading skills.

hzvjpwS.gif

I read what you said exactly - "falling asleep" and no longer being able to fight her is essentially death for a boss hunter. And again, there is virtually no supporting evidence to there being a cutscene, which is why I question how it's "logical" to come to that conclusion. No need to try to insult my reading skills.

Again. I never said nothing about "no longer being able to fight her." honestly I expect jagex to put her on a weekly timer with a statement being made along the lines of "the dragonkins enchantment obviously couldn't have lasted forever and certainly not for this majestic yet horrifying beast so for those adventures who dare to face her you'll find she'll tend to shake her grogginess every week/month and must be subdued again."

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I doubt a timer that limits you like that because they have hyped her as a boss battle not as a D&D and it'd entirely defeat the purpose of creating a boss for PVMers who like to solo if she was restricted.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I'm not sure if you're being intentionally obscure, but when I mean "not able to fight her" I mean, the fight is completed, not that you can never fight her again.

And again...you're really overthinking it and setting yourself up for disappointment.

hzvjpwS.gif