qbd 100% drop?

turothking

We're really just over-thinking it here. It will probably just a simple dragon bone.

This.

This.

And while we are at it...Inb4 this ends up being very D&D like (or new super bork) like content. Maybe it will be like Mushroom/Tree patches, and she wakes up every 4-12 Hours, so you can kill her a couple times a day.

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly: I would prefer a timer like 4-12hrs, but give same average but better loot each time. (So that way an individual kill is worth more, but the avg profit/loot per hour is the same).

I Absolutely hate that you have to boss for several hours in order to get a small chance at being lucky. I would rather see it be where you can't camp her, but still have similar chances overall.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Any boss you can't hunt a few times in a row will be really annoying, and if the boss fight takes anywhere near as long as a regular bossing trip people won't like that either. I certainly hope it won't be a D&D style boss like Bork. The metagame of a boss like that isn't very interesting imo, and there are already too many timer-based/daily things.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

if it has a timer i will be happy. really, anyway so it's not overcrowded will make me happy. but having a timer is a tried and true method.

being multi-combat and having some sort of timer seems like a rather odd combination though..

Any boss you can't hunt a few times in a row will be really annoying, and if the boss fight takes anywhere near as long as a regular bossing trip people won't like that either. I certainly hope it won't be a D&D style boss like Bork. The metagame of a boss like that isn't very interesting imo, and there are already too many timer-based/daily things.

What I don't want to see is a boss you *have* to kill for 3-4hrs straight if you want a chance at profiting. Basically I would prefer it be closer to bossing for 1-2hrs and then your profit is close to average. I dislike the swing of large value drops because you can't depend on luck. If they do this via increasing overall normal drop values, or by decreasing how often you can fight...

You are right though, I don't really want to see a daily D&D style fight, because there are plenty of things on a daily timer already.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Did you see how many horns were on her head? I'm sure she wouldn't miss one let alone notice it missing... For a while at least.

true, but that would mean there was a limit to how many times you could fight her, unless she has some sort of instant healing. i just find it hard to believe jagex would make it possible to chop her horns of. oh well, for all i know you might be correct

Coming from the game where monsters respawn seconds after you kill them, that isn't that implausible.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Dragon bones, one or more black dragon hides...

When did we get all the new players who don't know the game?

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

if it has a timer i will be happy. really, anyway so it's not overcrowded will make me happy. but having a timer is a tried and true method.

being multi-combat and having some sort of timer seems like a rather odd combination though..

Its not multi-combat, didn't they say it was single combat?

Assassin1357.png

Dragon bones, one or more black dragon hides...

When did we get all the new players who don't know the game?

When did we get players who don't research things? wait since Player A could ask Player B about content? Didn't you read that the QBD doesn't get killed? You shouldn't be getting bones or hides.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

oh i remember in the behind the scenes they said it was intended to be able to be done by yourself, but that your friends *could* help too. maybe i am making that up though..

And again...you're really overthinking it and setting yourself up for disappointment.

This. As a rule have no expectations for a new update. Wait a week after it comes out to try it out too.

If anyone knows me they would understand that I am a person of speculation. At the same time I am also understanding of jagex long term content release, the communities preconceptialization of it pre-released and then in turn how jagex often releases much more simplistic and watered down concepts. Now not to say runescape content isn't good, but I'm well aware and prepared for it to not hit on my personal or the majorities level of expectations.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

oh i remember in the behind the scenes they said it was intended to be able to be done by yourself, but that your friends *could* help too. maybe i am making that up though..

I thought the QBD was going to be instanced for everyone because they intended it to be a solo boss.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I thought the QBD was going to be instanced for everyone because they intended it to be a solo boss.

Also leads to a gravestone question. Last thing we need is the huge stacks of graves a la BOD or ROTM :P

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I'm sure there will be something. Be kind of lame in my opinion if you get there and there's the potential for nothing. :P

I like the creative ideas that have been presented thus far, but I highly doubt it's something that elaborate.

alazsig.png

No idea, but I suspect 1 drop might be QBD head?

Yeah, like that zaryte bow

wait

recharge costs = ammo.

So, all melee weapons are overpowered, at least.

this combat triangle finally makes sense...

Na The King gives better head, Well I see it being a barrows chest loot kinda thing (kill be rewarded..etc) So maybe no 100% drop also the fact if she did drop dragon bones, I don't think one would quite cut the sheer size of her, some with black d'hide, plus she doesn't really look black, so in for hoping for a complete new RANGE armour set.

Thievingcapesigcopy.png

Jeffery.png

180th to 99 Divination + 1st W36er

Rambo, cannot pk call your friends bro :). Wait nevermind none of SAPK/PKS can. Kappa.

Probably bones. Wait until tomorrow and see.

I don't think we can fight the queen until next week. I think it's the quest and dungeon this week then boss fight next week. :)

Avid43.png

I strongly doubt we'll get any sort of bones, hides, teeth, claws, horns or any other corpse/body part from her.

Why?

Because the info we have specifically says we DO NOT kill her, we put her back to sleep in her lake thing and then get some of her treasure from the treasure room.

If she's not dead and we can't even reach her body it'd be quite illogical for her to drop any sort of body part or bone.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

There could still be dragon bones and hides in the reward chest, kind of like dragon bones appear in the dom tower chest if you fight Elvarg before cashing in your dom factor.

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.