Arenascape?

Spectra

There was never a class system in RuneScape.

And, what could the harm be if 99 strength calls your character Hulk or Heavyweight or whatever?

That would be fine, but that's just a bunch of titles then, not a class system. To have a class system you have to force a choice that gives certain benefits as well as some penalties.

I was not playing anytime near RSC, but if there was a class system back then, I wouldn't mind being filled in on the details.. :P.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

And, what could the harm be if 99 strength calls your character Hulk or Heavyweight or whatever?

My only problem with class systems are the limitations that they impose, that tend to extend to your entire account. For example, I don't mind if you could "swap" classes or what have you in game - like put on Tank mode or something to fight a boss, then switch to skilling mode to... fletch logs. That I'm down with. I guess I'm more referring to the WOW line of classes where once you choose something you're stuck as it.

That would be fine, but that's just a bunch of titles then, not a class system. To have a class system you have to force a choice that gives certain benefits as well as some penalties.

I was not playing anytime near RSC, but if there was a class system back then, I wouldn't mind being filled in on the details.. :P.

That was a bit of a misnomer on my part. Runescape never had classes per se, but at first you could start out as a 'class', which would give you measly perks upon account creation - but that's where it stopped.

If you've never read http://runescapeclassic.wikia.com/wiki/RuneScape_Classic_Wiki before, say good bye to your Friday night. I spent a good few hours on that link when I first discovered. Remembering the "good old days". Or, should I say, remembering how much nostalgia makes those days seem good, when a lot of them were spent chasing imps that ran away from you every 4 seconds.

And here you go:

http://runescapeclassic.wikia.com/wiki/RuneScape_Classic#Classes

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

The Arena Exodus

Anyone know what happened to the clan leader, Frostedbeast? Anyone have his contact information by chance? I want to bring another character I made into the clan... and update one of my clan ranks too.

Speaking of ArenaScape clans, are any clans still active?

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

• 6 months later...

The Arena Exodus

Anyone know what happened to the clan leader, Frostedbeast? Anyone have his contact information by chance? I want to bring another character I made into the clan... and update one of my clan ranks too.

I'm still looking for an answer :(.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

Does anyone else even play Arenascape any more?

Yes, there's a handful of players that still play.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Arenascape 2...

Need I say more?

Yes, yes you do lol. Is someone making this? Or did you just say that because you want it? o.O

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

Arenascape was the funnest thing to do along side RuneScape. Just curious, what happened with lightning or the creator of Arenascape? There were also areas in the game made by RS players. Being over a decade old it really needs to be re made.

Oh yea, 500 turns a day, not a mere 250. :P

Arenascape was the funnest thing to do along side RuneScape. Just curious, what happened with lightning or the creator of Arenascape? There were also areas in the game made by RS players. Being over a decade old it really needs to be re made.

Oh yea, 500 turns a day, not a mere 250. :P

Silverion pretty much dropped off the grid years ago. I believe he stopped working on the game because it was just a pet side project for him and he didn't have time to continue it. I've tried contacting him before, even by donating and leaving a message with the donation, but I never got any responses... I would love if I or someone else could buy the rights (and source code) for the game and continue it, but with no way to contact him, it's sadly just a dream :(.

I feel ArenaScape has a lot of potential. It's such an old game but players still log in to play it even today... 12+ years since the last time it was updated, at least shown on the update history of the game itself. A game with such a loyal following, even if it's a small one, and with all of it's unique quirks like being an outdated text-based game based off of RuneScape, has a lot of potential for further development and expansion in my opinion.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

Arenascae was so much fun creating these insane stats, like 5* range 2* mage. I really miss it and everything about it. Also, there was a lot of stuff created by not just Silver. We need to get the Arenascape crew back together.

The game is still available if you want to play it. I still play a Templar with rank 2* Attack and 3* Prayer, a Marksmen with 5* Ranged, a Warlock with 6* Magic, and a Brute with 2* Defense and 3* Strength.

I know that a lot of the top players are Strength/HP builds... My Templar, currently rank #3 is the exception, but even then I'm falling behind. Strength/HP builds deal a ton of damage and can take quite the beating in return. It's one reason I made the Brute... I figured a Brute would counter them because they won't be dealing a ton of damage if they can't hit ;). And the Brute can still dish out the damage in return, which is required for large HP champions. The only problem is that the Brute is weak vs a lot of stuff... like Ranged and Attack builds. It will be interesting seeing if my theory is correct about Brutes countering Juggernauts and such when he actually gets to a high enough level to do so. Right now he's only level 150 so I still have quite a ways to go before I can actually put my theory into practice.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

Just got my lvl 118 back!!! This is great, I will play Arenascape every day... hell yes. :D :D :D

Awesome, welcome back to ArenaScape! What's your name so I can know to look out for you? Or maybe pk you ;). Lol jk on the pk part :P

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

I have Seanbaby and Gang_Sabre.

Going for 4* Archer 3* Attack

Gang_Sabre has 7* strength

Nice. I'll keep an eye out for you ;). Btw what is a 4* archer 3* attack called?

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

Wow, i just randomly remembered this game and wondered if there was anyone still around. Took me about 20 minutes to remember my usernames and passwords.. Surprisingly, Meloswoodlander was online, who I am guessing is you since I tried to google any relevant guides because I have no clue what I would've been going for with my characters back then. So anyways I apologize for attacking you with one of my Burn accounts, I was just curious about the only other person online's level. Would you by any chance know any links for guides that still work? I'd definitely be interested in logging in every few days for this game, brings back some arena and runescape nostalgia.

Wow, i just randomly remembered this game and wondered if there was anyone still around. Took me about 20 minutes to remember my usernames and passwords.. Surprisingly, Meloswoodlander was online, who I am guessing is you since I tried to google any relevant guides because I have no clue what I would've been going for with my characters back then. So anyways I apologize for attacking you with one of my Burn accounts, I was just curious about the only other person online's level. Would you by any chance know any links for guides that still work? I'd definitely be interested in logging in every few days for this game, brings back some arena and runescape nostalgia.

Yup that was me lol. And no worries, you must not have killed me because it didn't show up that you attacked me ;). As for guides, sadly I don't know of any that have survived... There used to be a nice calculator tool that one of the top players made, but even that was taken offline years ago if I remember correctly :(. I do hope you stay to play though... and if you have questions about your build, you can always post on this thread... I think some old ArenaScape players check this from time to time and they might be able to help...

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

ArenaScape is back up :D. Thank you for getting ArenaScape running again!

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

Yup that was me lol. And no worries, you must not have killed me because it didn't show up that you attacked me ;). As for guides, sadly I don't know of any that have survived... There used to be a nice calculator tool that one of the top players made, but even that was taken offline years ago if I remember correctly :(. I do hope you stay to play though... and if you have questions about your build, you can always post on this thread... I think some old ArenaScape players check this from time to time and they might be able to help...

That's good to hear its back up, I tried to get on Tuesday and was really disappointed, I thought with my luck they finally took the game down just after i rediscovered it. Haha. I do plan on staying to play, I'll keep it in mind to ask on here if I have any questions. And I'm pretty sure you killed me in one turn, so definitely wasn't anywhere near killing you... 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know of any clans that have an active clan leader still? Apparently the Arena Exodus isn't accepting my Brute who has wanted to join for over a year :(.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

• 2 months later...

Apparently the ranks in the Arena Exodus was updated recently. Sadly before that happened I cancelled the application of my Brute to join @@...

I re-applied once again. If Frostedbeast sees this, please accept DanielHammersong into the clan. Thank you!

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

• 2 years later...

The Arena Exodus

Frostedbeast - If you see this, can you kick DanielHammersong? I just noticed that there is a bug probably due to him being accepted while in the Barracks... It doesn't let DanielHammersong see anyone in the clan and acts as if he hasn't joined The Arena Exodus, but when I try to re-apply, it says "You are already in a clan!"... I will try to re-apply with him after he gets kicked, so if you can pm me here when you see this, that would be great! Thanks!

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

For those that are interested in playing this game, the link is: http://108.61.26.86/login.php

Right now the domain needs to be renewed but the game is still playable :) .

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg