[22 May 2012] Song From the Depths

Kaida23

Grot = cave

Worm = wurm

Blatant misuse of Dutch tbh...

Anywho; these worms examine tells us they morph into something else; any ideas?

Given their source and the dragon-like skeletons inside the QBD I'd assume these worms are some form of pre-dragon form quite possibly.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Grot = cave

Worm = wurm

Given their source and the dragon-like skeletons inside the QBD I'd assume these worms are some form of pre-dragon form quite possibly.

Parasite / Carrion worms actually. If you read the notes from one of the dead knights there's a lot of info about it. They basically say that these things are feeding off qbd's dead skin, that there MUST be some sort of treasure deeper in the cave and the worms are feeding on that too (hence the loot with all the rune stuff and such).

tumblr_m6mcuojTED1qlz68ro1_500.gif

Grot = cave

Worm = wurm

Parasite / Carrion worms actually. If you read the notes from one of the dead knights there's a lot of info about it. They basically say that these things are feeding off qbd's dead skin, that there MUST be some sort of treasure deeper in the cave and the worms are feeding on that too (hence the loot with all the rune stuff and such).

Just because the Knight thinks that's what they are does not make it true; you have to consider the perspective they have I mean they do not even know what is down there in the depths of the cave.

And to above I meant in a more literal kind of species creation sense, sort of the raw clay spawned off the QBD from which the dragonkin formed the various dragons.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Really enjoy these fully voiced quests. Although I think this one is leaps and bounds behind One Piercing Note. I was kind of sad we didn't get to see The Raptor's combat level or at least see him take a beating as well. Any thoughts about what he is exactly? He doesn't sound human at all.

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

Can you post a screenshot? I want to read that but can't find that one.

Can you post a screenshot? I want to read that but can't find that one.

The body you want is right at the entrance of the cave.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

A friend of mine found that the Mysterious Statue by The Tower of Life had been graphic updated. The one at Seer's hasn't been changed. The one by Port Sarim has been removed.

[hide=Pictures]

Untitled143.png

Untitled144.png

Untitled145.png[/hide]

So yeah, noted that the necklace's teleport can only be used once per day.

Bad feeling about that spawn time ...

Very interesting observation. Is this a good or a bad thing though I am not so sure of. If it allows us to steer away from spending 20 hour days for a month for a drop, like corp, that would be a good thing in my book. Though the increasing amount of restricted gameplay in RS is in my opinion a bad thing.

Briefly on topic, have I been blind in my not seeing anything about the damage reduction 'buff'? I don't play but am always curious to keep up to date..

LgEZt.png

This quest was rather... Weird. Felt very strange and pointless. I was sort of expecting it to explain more about where the QBD came from and the lore behind her and whatnot. But they didn't give any explanation at all. :/ Fairly disappointing quest (Obviously wasn't expecting much from a low-level quest like that, but you know what I mean).

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

This quest was rather... Weird. Felt very strange and pointless. I was sort of expecting it to explain more about where the QBD came from and the lore behind her and whatnot. But they didn't give any explanation at all. :/ Fairly disappointing quest (Obviously wasn't expecting much from a low-level quest like that, but you know what I mean).

For me it was sort of like expecting One Piercing Note and getting The Blood Pact. Little explanation, few important plot details, little hope for a sequel, tactless use of a signature hero.

Loving the new names on knights and corpses.

Sir Rebrum - Cerebrum

Sir Pent - Serpent

Sir Rownd - Surround

Sir Ruppee - No idea what this is meant to be, syrupy?

Sir Loynst Ayke - Sirloin Steak

Sir Rinch - Syringe?

Syrup?

Suppose they could be aiming for plain Syrup just the 'ee' doesn't seem quite right for that sound, since most of these rely on phonetic similarities.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

What a pointless quest.

I liked where it was going but not how it turned out at the end. Imo it would've had a lot more potential had it not been so tied to the QBD and the ending wasn't so close-ended. I'm extremely interested in the race of creatures Remora (or whatever her name was) is from, yet it doesn't appear we will be learning more about them.

At least it was cool though.

Yeah, I rather enjoyed the quest with it's oblique puzzles, and I would have loved to learn more about Remora and her sisters. I'll admit it was rather surprising when I got swallowed, heh.

Looking forward to some website content that may explain more about the QBD and her origins in the coming week (though they've promised no such thing).

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Loving the new names on knights and corpses.

Sir Rebrum - Cerebrum

Sir Pent - Serpent

Sir Rownd - Surround

Sir Ruppee - No idea what this is meant to be, syrupy?

Sir Loynst Ayke - Sirloin Steak

Sir Rinch - Syringe?

Syrup?

Suppose they could be aiming for plain Syrup just the 'ee' doesn't seem quite right for that sound, since most of these rely on phonetic similarities.

why not syrupy?

Nice quest. I do love the music, I hope to see much more of it.

[hide]Little bit of trivia, those glowing symbols you step on are the Seal of the Dragonkin, which itself derives part of its design from the Stone of Jas. It's also engraved on the floor where the huge tree grows. Here's a bit of speculation:

The seething soul mentioned during the tree puzzle was a weak or young dragonkin who fell into the sea and nearly drowned thousands of years ago. The Siren nursed it back to health, but in doing so was forced to remake it. Its higher functions and intelligence stripped away, but not its strength, it rapidly grew into what we know as the Queen Black Dragon, the mother of all dragonkind. It is true that the dragonkin spawned the dragons, but it was by accident.[/hide]

~ W ~

sigzi.png

[hide]Little bit of trivia, those glowing symbols you step on are the Seal of the Dragonkin, which itself derives part of its design from the Stone of Jas. It's also engraved on the floor where the huge tree grows. Here's a bit of speculation:

The seething soul mentioned during the tree puzzle was a weak or young dragonkin who fell into the sea and nearly drowned thousands of years ago. The Siren nursed it back to health, but in doing so was forced to remake it. Its higher functions and intelligence stripped away, but not its strength, it rapidly grew into what we know as the Queen Black Dragon, the mother of all dragonkind. It is true that the dragonkin spawned the dragons, but it was by accident.[/hide]

I rather love that idea, you're awesome Will :)

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

I rather love that idea, you're awesome Will :)

ohstopityoul.png

~ W ~

sigzi.png

[hide]As nice as it is I feel there is a simpler explaination: Dragonkin had it under magical sleep to control it after weakening it to make this spell work. Angry weak soul.

Siren found it and nursed it to health, empowering it back to full strength (hence it can wake up), but her dream song kept it asleep. Now she's gone it is awake and at full power and we weaken it just enough for the dragonkin spell to work again.[/hide]

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Is it just me, or does the mature worms shriek sound like a monkeys howl.... :blink:

[hide]

99 Strength 99 Fletching 99 Range 99 Hitpoints 99 Attack

99 Dungeoneering <3 99 Magic 99 Smithing 99 Herblore

99 Theving

Slayer Drops: 14 whips, 22 D boots, 27 Granite Mauls, 42 Effigies, 5 Dark Bows.

What would be cool is if Drakan and his minions kill all the sig heroes in the quest except Raptor who is wrecking. You and him team up and cave in some vampyre heads. He becomes a total bro in future quests and in a GM quest he receives a fatal injury and his last dying words to you are "Brofist, mang"

[/hide]