[22 May 2012] Song From the Depths

Kaida23

Loving the new names on knights and corpses.

Sir Rebrum - Cerebrum

Sir Pent - Serpent

Sir Rownd - Surround

Sir Ruppee - No idea what this is meant to be, syrupy?

Sir Loynst Ayke - Sirloin Steak

Sir Rinch - Syringe?

Syrup?

Suppose they could be aiming for plain Syrup just the 'ee' doesn't seem quite right for that sound, since most of these rely on phonetic similarities.

Rs wikia says the "pe" is silent. Tried looking it up but all I got that pe is p in hebrew. I could be entirely wrong though. Also, for me at least it was just Sir Ruppe instead of ppee.

Warning

Whatever you don't add the CW team cape hoods to the rack. It will take them, but when you withdraw them you only get the cape. So good game 125minutes lol...

I had both in inventory.

Used cape on rack. Cooresponding hood still in inventory.

Used hood on rack and it worked.

Withdrew the "cape and hood", but only got the cape back.

Also, the back button is in the middle of the capes... I didn't see it in patch notes but they did add the 7 CW capes to the cape rack. It could have been last week or something but I just noticed today.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Wending Through the Willows" is a nice song, but ow... the reverb... ow....!!!

Overall, fun little quest. :)

For the crossbow upgrades it mentions "With some help from Thurgo, you’ll be able to upgrade the crossbow from Song from the Depths into a truly fearsome weapon." Does that mean that a certain smithing level is likely required to upgrade the crossbow?

[hide]

99 Strength 99 Fletching 99 Range 99 Hitpoints 99 Attack

99 Dungeoneering <3 99 Magic 99 Smithing 99 Herblore

99 Theving

Slayer Drops: 14 whips, 22 D boots, 27 Granite Mauls, 42 Effigies, 5 Dark Bows.

What would be cool is if Drakan and his minions kill all the sig heroes in the quest except Raptor who is wrecking. You and him team up and cave in some vampyre heads. He becomes a total bro in future quests and in a GM quest he receives a fatal injury and his last dying words to you are "Brofist, mang"

[/hide]

Haven't seen this posted here, so I might just as well mention it, for the 25k XP con reward you need at least 80 Con to survive the Acid.

Dusk%20Soul.png

I really enjoyed the quest, the voice acting was great and the story line wasn't too bad. I really liked The Raptor's voice; I felt it added a lot to his character all that much more convincing as being "the bad guy".

The extra 30k Constitution xp in the tunnel afterwards was a nice bonus, too. All in all a good update and I can't wait for the QBD next week. :)

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png

The Raptor is Batman. This explains so much.

ab613d41.png

OT: I personally, in terms of voice acting, think that this quest was way better than One Piercing Note. Let's just hope this is a sign that the more voice acted quests they release the better the actual voice acting will be.

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png

I think the voice acting was a lot better, but the quest plot for One Piercing Note was a little better.

I want to see more voice acted quests for higher levels. Low level quests, even if they have good plot, never feel as epic, because the adventurer didn't really have to do much.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I am really interested to see a longer quest for voice acting. These short quests for some reason seem too short and it's making me think they don't have the resources to completely go with their voice acting plans and make it truly fly off as a quest standard.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

The Raptor is Batman. This explains so much.

The Signature Hero Rimmington deserves, but not the one it needs right now...

I am really interested to see a longer quest for voice acting. These short quests for some reason seem too short and it's making me think they don't have the resources to completely go with their voice acting plans and make it truly fly off as a quest standard.

I agree, and I think they also don't have the resources to hire people who specialize in this sort of thing; the voices and singing aren't as high quality as I would expect.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

For some reason they forgot to allow the Bonecrusher to work on the Grotworms :(

Noticed that as well at the Mature Grotworms. They're not too bad for slayer tasks, just a bit slow. Experience is nice though (205xp/kill). =)

And at least the singing has some tone and emotion to it. Whoever sang "The Dragonborn Comes" in Skyrim... Just :wall:, although I guess it's more because of the character's nature maybe, I dunno. ARGH.

http://services.runescape.com/m=rswiki/en/The_Mermaids_and_the_Dragon

So her sisters are the mermaids from Deadliest Catch.

Kind of disappointed by the lore just a generic Cinderella replicate.

Also has some issues how are the pots stacked with a brush on top and used to cook in when this house is underwater? (Judging by the comments of not using their legs for years)

Also why must every single Mermaid be tied into this 1 family? Couldn't we of had a Mermaid society or at least a different family.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Also has some issues how are the pots stacked with a brush on top and used to cook in when this house is underwater? (Judging by the comments of not using their legs for years)

Also why must every single Mermaid be tied into this 1 family? Couldn't we of had a Mermaid society or at least a different family.

Personally I'm glad they connected the two quests and fleshed out the three mermaids from Deadliest Catch, their sudden appearance in that quest was such a red herring at the time. Though I would be interested in more exploration of this new race, I thought this lore was sort of neat.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Personally I'm glad they connected the two quests and fleshed out the three mermaids from Deadliest Catch, their sudden appearance in that quest was such a red herring at the time. Though I would be interested in more exploration if this new race, I thought this lore was sort of neat.

From that angle sure perhaps it is nice, though none of the specifics given REALLY required it to be the same Mermaids. It could've been a separate family and still given the same flesh to the one's from Thasslus quest.

For me it still just feels too contrived and too convenient for them all to be of the same family. It kinda be like if that one blind Imcado dwarf we met was Thurgo's brother or all the Mahjaratt were siblings, kinda feels better and something more if they are not related because it indicates an entire race opposed to just one family.

Tbh the geography of the story irked me too.

When they go in search of her they head south (obviously to Port Sarim area) yet they had migratory fish passing them before, where exactly where these fish migrating since the 'north' from which they came is entirely enclosed in shorelines. Also where exactly is this cove and cliff-face they climb down to reach the QBD lair? There's certainly not any cliff-faces near the QBD lair, not coastal anyway.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I liked the quest and the Grotworm cave is just amazing! I ended up walking instead of running all the time to enjoy the scenery :lol:

sig3j.jpg

If you have a goal, go for it :D Work hard, be proud and be yourself ;)