The Evolution of Combat: BETA discussion

Leon S

A person who came back from a hiatus to experience a very new, very large update has a higher chance of resubscribing than one that is already subscribed for 12 consecutive months and was probably going to keep it that way.

And in the context of a beta, that shouldn't matter either way.

I'm confused. If someone is going to be subscribed and will continue, how can one exceed the other? At the very least, they are equal. You can't go higher than a 100% chance.

And in the context of a beta, that shouldn't matter either way.

Well, and it doesn't, does it? Members can play every weekend, along with 50,000 other players who are selected for continuous testing and the year+'ers.

i did forget about the every weekend thing. so i guess they've really covered their asses with this one and made everyone happy lol

De_Toke.png
max.png
Quest cape since Jan. 30th, '08

If somebody is subscribed 12 months in a row, chances are they'd be subscribed even without the beta.

If somebody recently came back from a long hiatus, chances are they'll be more inclined to keep their subscription after trying the beta.

If the people who will subscribe regardless continue to do so...how exactly does that automatically mean they're entitled to less perks? So far, everything that Jagex has developed on promotional sides has favored new growth. What I'm trying to say is it's nice that they're paying attention to those who have stuck with the game continuously for a period of time. Keeping your current customers happy and drawing in new/returning customers is a balancing act, and this restores some much-needed balance to those who have been continuously paying.

I'm not sure exactly what there is to get upset over.

hzvjpwS.gif

If the people who will subscribe regardless continue to do so...how exactly does that automatically mean they're entitled to less perks? So far, everything that Jagex has developed on promotional sides has favored new growth. What I'm trying to say is it's nice that they're paying attention to those who have stuck with the game continuously for a period of time. Keeping your current customers happy and drawing in new/returning customers is a balancing act, and this restores some much-needed balance to those who have been continuously paying.

I'm not sure exactly what there is to get upset over.

I'm not upset. I do have an account that has been subscribed for quite some time. But I do feel like the requirement could be expanded to include people who have maintained many months of subs in the past.

crossed_body.png

man i wonder if they're gonna like, graphically update everything when this hits

bdemons are upped, areas are upped, etc.

The graphical updates are not related to the combat rework update. They just continue to update a part of RuneScape graphics with every update. Think Rimmington, Gnome stronghold, tzhaar area...

More excited for the graphic updates than the combat update, to be honest. :/ Looks nice, I guess. And I also like how they're rewarding their loyal members with the full beta and whatnot. Neat little move by Jagex there.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

I like getting rewarded for having an unlapsed membership for the past seven years; I'll admit I was feeling a little left out what with all the new subscriber and card-redeeming benefits. ^.^ And I think that since every member gets access on the weekends regardless, it should be just fine.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Still ticked off... No F2P Beta... :angry:

RAGE!!! :evil:

~D. V. "A hair short of insane..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

also says how long on ur loyalty page.

ive got 11 months :ohnoes: :ohnoes:

says my next payout (loyalty ponts) is in 4 days so hell ya ill get to BETA test :thumbsup:

whens BETA open??

Be careful not to mix how long you've been a registered member in the loyalty shop vs how long you've been a member. Unless you started being a member at the same time as you signed up for the loyalty shop, it won't be the same. :P Mine also says 11 months, but I've been a member since 2007. The loyalty shop has been out for 11 months.

Also agree with Sorator.

also says how long on ur loyalty page.

ive got 11 months :ohnoes: :ohnoes:

says my next payout (loyalty ponts) is in 4 days so hell ya ill get to BETA test :thumbsup:

whens BETA open??

Be careful not to mix how long you've been a registered member in the loyalty shop vs how long you've been a member. Unless you started being a member at the same time as you signed up for the loyalty shop, it won't be the same. :P Mine also says 11 months, but I've been a member since 2007. The loyalty shop has been out for 11 months.

Also agree with Sorator.

been a member much longer but have no idea about the consecutiveness of the previous 6 or 7 years of membership lol.

regardless, im happy as long as i can test out the new combat system

De_Toke.png
max.png
Quest cape since Jan. 30th, '08

If you post on the RSOF, it says how long you've been a member for under your avatar image.

I'll be getting in as soon as it opens. |^_^|

Mine says July 2008, but I've taken several breaks since then. Most recently in december for around ten days, and then in August for around a week. I'm not sure if that's consecutive membership.

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

If you post on the RSOF, it says how long you've been a member for under your avatar image.

I'll be getting in as soon as it opens. |^_^|

Mine says July 2008, but I've taken several breaks since then. Most recently in december for around ten days, and then in August for around a week. I'm not sure if that's consecutive membership.

It is, as you get a 14 day cooldown before it breaks your chain and removes the "member since" from below your name.

(Atleast I think it's a 14 day cooldown. Couldn't find it anywhere. I would assume they will go by the same counter as the one which displays your time on the RSOF though.)

All F2P content can be tested by members. F2P barely provides income for Jagex, start paying if you feel you're entitled to perks such as Betas.

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

All F2P content can be tested by members. F2P barely provides income for Jagex, start paying if you feel you're entitled to perks such as Betas.

you think p2per's will take the time to test the f2p stuff? i doubt that lol

Ranqecaravan.png

Low level P2P players, sure why not.

Many of the f2p clan world are p2p as well. I still think people will mostly check p2p stuff, you're right, but f2p stuff will almost definitely get critical hands on it at one point or another.

hzvjpwS.gif

I don't think there will be much in way of difference between this "f2p stuff" and "p2p stuff" aspect. Really, do any of you think that there will be much of an issue other than something to do with armor and weapon statistics scaling? While going from one set or items or combat skill to the other it might be a not hairy for the players, but I am fairly confident it will be Judy players getting used to the system. I wouldn't put it past them to make some item stay tweak to keep item combos from being too stacked, but like I said it'll just be statistics and scaling. Sure let it be taken for granted some action bar issues or this new ability system their bring out, but that will most likely be something experienced in both areas.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I'm definitely excited about this, although the people in the warring community aren't so much.

can't say I blame them. For how they're discussing the combat change, they're making it sound like (assuming we're keeping the same max hit ceilings) you'll have a dps drop if you're not actively clicking...that's impossible almost in a 120-opts pile. It potentially has a drastic effect on warring as we know it.

hzvjpwS.gif