The Evolution of Combat: BETA discussion

Leon S

Got on this weekend. My biggest complaint right now is that just playing 2 games of cw used up 500mb, not including the 100mb it took for loading first time.

Does anyone know if there is gonna be any effort to reduce the mb usage? If not i'm gonna have to quit because i just can't afford the internet bill this will give me.

I doubt it is on their list of top prioirties, most people don't pay per MB/GB for their regular internet service. Is that your only option?

Have the courage to change the things you can, the patience to accept the things you can't, and the wisdom to know the difference.

[/Quote]

I'm annoyed by the fact that we have no spellbook anymore...yeah I get that we're supposed to drag spells on the hotbar, but I liked having all spells available for me immediately. Since I'm teleporting around a LOT, having all tele spells immediately available is important to me. I wish they could just make an additional spellbook.

Also having to hit enter before chatting is really annoying atm, though I guess I should hopefully be able to get used to it.

If you hide the hotbar, you can actually type like you used to.

Yeah well, and how often do you get the chance not to use the hotbar, especially with an inexistant spellbook? :/

Figures the time came for them to actually need another tab, and they blew their reserve which they held onto for so long on the SOF.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Got on this weekend. My biggest complaint right now is that just playing 2 games of cw used up 500mb, not including the 100mb it took for loading first time.

Does anyone know if there is gonna be any effort to reduce the mb usage? If not i'm gonna have to quit because i just can't afford the internet bill this will give me.

I doubt it is on their list of top prioirties, most people don't pay per MB/GB for their regular internet service. Is that your only option?

ya only option out here is satalite and most of them charge per mb

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Did anyone else get reset for the beta? Just got on it on my other account and all my stats are 1 and I'm in some really gay tutorial.

You have to click the import account button when you log in to the beta. Otherwise you start off as a new level 4 character.

Have the courage to change the things you can, the patience to accept the things you can't, and the wisdom to know the difference.

[/Quote]

I'm annoyed by the fact that we have no spellbook anymore...yeah I get that we're supposed to drag spells on the hotbar, but I liked having all spells available for me immediately. Since I'm teleporting around a LOT, having all tele spells immediately available is important to me. I wish they could just make an additional spellbook.

Also having to hit enter before chatting is really annoying atm, though I guess I should hopefully be able to get used to it.

If you hide the hotbar, you can actually type like you used to.

Yeah well, and how often do you get the chance not to use the hotbar, especially with an inexistant spellbook? :/

Hover your cursor over the Magic tab, click the Teleports icon. It should stay on that tab until you select another tab, meaning your teleports are on a list on your spellbook like normal, sans possible scrolling.

2dgucz6.png

Hover your cursor over the Magic tab, click the Teleports icon. It should stay on that tab until you select another tab, meaning your teleports are on a list on your spellbook like normal, sans possible scrolling.

If this showed the old teleports menu, I would be happy with this. (Small icons)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Figures the time came for them to actually need another tab, and they blew their reserve which they held onto for so long on the SOF.

Yep. There's just too much for one tab, and the layout they're currently using is very impractical.

I agree. I think they were trying to make it so people better understood what each ability was without having to hover over it. Though, I think once people get used to icons then they will know what is what without having to hover over it all the time like with the old magic spell book.

[/Quote]

I wish there was a way to jump to a different number hotbar....scrolling through them all takes so long and is unresponsive.

Shift-N should move to hotbar N, and you can change the modifier key by right clicking the numbers and selecting change modifier.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Played Castle wars in the beta. that was just bad. like you couldn't tell what was going on. it was hard to get the bar up to do the actions.

all in all i doubt like it. i don't like the bar. just no. i like the duel wielding and the graphics/animations. but actual game play wise. horrible imo.

First time on Beta today tbh I found the gameplay pretty boring. One thing that got me was how I found barrows fearfully difficult and had to tele on the 3rd brother while I stayed at Armadyl for 3 overloads on about 6 super prayers and 4 rocktails before getting bored.

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

Magic is kind of overpowered in PvP. Rangers using dual-wield are extremely easy to kill, rangers with a shield are quite difficult and meleers are a joke. Lol not that I mind :P I often don't even have to eat my rocktails in a range vs mage fight. And melee never hits through my virtus, lol.

By the way, familiars take very long to respond... when I'm in a fight with two people and I want my steel titan to switch targets it takes forever to switch. Very annoying.

I quite like the beta combat, fast kills @ waterfiends using dual wield crossbows + steel titan (which 2-scrolls them, near 100% accuracy with scrolls). It didn't get boring to me after 20-30 mins, but that's too little to say ofc.

One problem I did have was that I was looking at the cooldowns so much, I didn't get to see their actual effect in much detail. And any lapse in concentration is pretty bad as you lose out on adrenaline. If you want relaxed combat, you must NOT use ultimates, just keep using asphyxiate/rapid fire/idk any good melee tresholds. They tend to 1-hit most slayer monsters or at least deal very heavy damage. A rotation of 4-5 basics and tresholds should be enough for the most part.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I got my beta weekend pinged. It said after the Castle Wars match: "you have unlocked a the beta weekend equipment"

SHUT UP, IT'S A BETA! JAGEX CAN MAKE ALL THE GRAMMATICAL ERRORS THEY WANT!

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

I got my beta weekend pinged. It said after the Castle Wars match: "you have unlocked a the beta weekend equipment"

you have unlocked the a/b/c/d beta weekend equipment :o?

No way :P

At least, they don't have RSC grammar fails anymore.

How the hell am i supposed to god damn PK.

Im on a high end PC all graphics settings on low cause runescape lags like a peice of shit and i get like 1 FPS in the wilderness i mean come on jagex

bllllonz.png