Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Evolution of Combat: BETA discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2934 replies to this topic

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
Black d'hide body: 960 armour, 2160LP
Black d'hide chaps: 720 armour, 1620LP
Black d'hide vambs: 240 armour, 270LP

Royal d'hide body: 1040 armour, 2340LP
Royal d'hide chaps: 780 armour, 1755LP
Royal d'hide vambs: 260 armour, 292LP

Karil's leathertop: 1120 armour, 2520LP
Karil's leatherskirt: 840 armour, 1890LP

Armadyl same stats as Karil's

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Ruinous Edge
[ Display Name History ]

Ruinous Edge

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Black d'hide body: 960 armour, 2160LP
Black d'hide chaps: 720 armour, 1620LP
Black d'hide vambs: 240 armour, 270LP

Royal d'hide body: 1040 armour, 2340LP
Royal d'hide chaps: 780 armour, 1755LP
Royal d'hide vambs: 260 armour, 292LP

Karil's leathertop: 1120 armour, 2520LP
Karil's leatherskirt: 840 armour, 1890LP

Armadyl same stats as Karil's

Hmm so it seems royal d'hide for now just keeps it place between black and arma/karils..a less costlier non-degradable barrows alternate then? Still edged out in LP boost though, but defensively a good alt. although this depends how good/easy to obtain armadyl buckler/boots etc are i'm guessing. Still viable for lower def/welfare gear

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

Posted Image

http://www.transformersuniverse.com

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
Figured I might as well post this too, which kind of explains how armour works.

There are no hidden stats on armour, the difference between armours is their class type. The amount of armour that is contributed towards different attack styles is based on the class of the armour according to the combat triangle.
Example: If you wear some melee armour then all the armour value is taken into account when defending against ranged attacks. When defending against melee attacks most of the armour value is used. When defending against magic attacks only a small portion of the armour value is used.

As for hybridding, any helmet, torso, legs or shield you wear will lower your accuracy with attacks from the other classes. Other equipment such as gloves and boots do not lower your accuracy.
Example: If you wear any melee armour stated above your accuracy with melee attacks will be unaffected, however your accuracy with ranged attacks will be lowered slightly and your accuracy with magic attacks will be lowered greatly.

Virtus, Pernix and Torva all have the same armour values but they are of each class. So Torva will still protect you more against ranged but less against magic.
Virtus will protect more against melee but less against ranged.
Pernix will defend more against magic but less against melee.

If you check your worn interface there is a last target simulator that should tell you your hit chance and defend chance against a certain mob. These will update as you change gear so you can see what effects different equipment will have.

QFC: 299-300-391-63828193

Prayer bonus has also been returned to beta equipment screen, not sure if it's on items yet though.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

A majority of the people 'testing' the beta are just abusing a bug to get rares.

Nice to know I was denied a spot so that people could use the beta to play out their bug abusing fantasies.

I really hope that they remove their beta access or something. The whole thing seems to be proof that the RS community can't handle a beta: out of 50,000 and however many players with 12 months of membership there are, it seems like less than 500 are interested in actually testing things, and the rest went straight to gambling and duplicating rares.

Even worse are the players that go "this sucks because it's obviously incomplete". :wall:

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

A majority of the people 'testing' the beta are just abusing a bug to get rares.

Nice to know I was denied a spot so that people could use the beta to play out their bug abusing fantasies.

I really hope that they remove their beta access or something. The whole thing seems to be proof that the RS community can't handle a beta: out of 50,000 and however many players with 12 months of membership there are, it seems like less than 500 are interested in actually testing things, and the rest went straight to gambling and duplicating rares.

Even worse are the players that go "this sucks because it's obviously incomplete". :wall:

It's hardly a bug that's duping rares and does it frigging matter?
People are just having fun with it and all these duped items will disappear when the beta goes as they are stuck on thoose servers.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

People are just having fun with it and all these duped items will disappear when the beta goes as they are stuck on thoose servers.

Yes, it matters. It's the combat system that we're going to be stuck with in a few months, and as mentioned previously, the people duping rares and gambling are taking spots that could have been filled by players that actually care.

Really, the fact that there's a beta at all is a surprising step forward on Jagex's part, and the community seems intent on proving that it doesn't deserve to have chances like that.

Ambler
[ Display Name History ]

Ambler

Black Knight Trainer

• Monster Hunting Team
  • 3,453 posts
  • RSN:Ambler3
  • RSN2:Joe Tiko
  • Clan:EoE.... Sometimes.
I've had people complaining that I duped my charms and summoning supplies, but I want to test a yak/titan. :lol:
Also trimming my hp cape in beta. :sad:

Posted Image
^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^
My livestream- Currently: Offline :(
Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

Lewtations

SixFootOne
[ Display Name History ]

SixFootOne

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 520 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Six Foot One

Yes, it matters. It's the combat system that we're going to be stuck with in a few months, and as mentioned previously, the people duping rares and gambling are taking spots that could have been filled by players that actually care.

Really, the fact that there's a beta at all is a surprising step forward on Jagex's part, and the community seems intent on proving that it doesn't deserve to have chances like that.

After testing beta for a few days/hours, it loses it's novelty and you get bored with it. It doesn't take long to test the bosses/monsters/equipment. You digested everything and you get pretty bored. I understand how you could be mad people are wasting a slot not testing combat. But in all honestly there isn't that much to do. And when I consider none of this matters, I lose all desire to after getting more than a few kills or any boss or monster. I have spent plenty of time in the duel arena and wildy screwing around, but that novelty doesn't last long. I think if jagex were to allow players to give up their spot, plenty would.

Edit: In case people are wonder how many players are currently playing beta. This is a screen shot of current players online at 12 P.M. U.S. central time.

Posted Image

Posted Image

1625 people testing beta :grin:. So yeah don't be mad at the people trying to get partyhats, at least those people are online
Posted Image

Leon S
[ Display Name History ]

Leon S

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • RSN:Latin
1625 out of the 50,000 people + everyone who was allowed in automatically... and here I am, wondering why I can't test the beta and provide some constructive feedback on Magic.

SixFootOne
[ Display Name History ]

SixFootOne

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 520 posts

1625 out of the 50,000 people + everyone who was allowed in automatically... and here I am, wondering why I can't test the beta and provide some constructive feedback on Magic.

Now take that number and cut it in half to account for people just standing around. Now maybe we have an accurate number of people testing beta. If I could give you my beta access I would. Funny looking at my friendslist and all the ones who tested beta on day one compared to now. I used to have about 10 or so friends who got in beta. I haven't seen one test it since Wednesday.
Posted Image

Estoc
[ Display Name History ]

Estoc

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  • RSN:Estoc
They might as well play the "Jagex cares about their players" card and let everyone in then. Assuming the world that has 755 people is filled with gamblers we have about 1,000/50,000 players (not counting people who got in automatically) testing the update...it hasn't even been a week yet.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Patr1ck
[ Display Name History ]

Patr1ck

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,009 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Lads
  • RSN2:Swag_Squared
  • Clan:OfTheGods
Part of the problem is, Jagex really gave no incentive to go out of our way and test training, skills, and slayer. So the beta is just a novelty and "preview" to most people.
Posted Image

SixFootOne
[ Display Name History ]

SixFootOne

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 520 posts

Part of the problem is, Jagex really gave no incentive to go out of our way and test training, skills, and slayer. So the beta is just a novelty and "preview" to most people.

Exactly, when one thing this made me realize is how much work runescape is. Novelty doesn't get a player very far. Anything after that is truly work. I work enough, i don't need to do it in my games. At least in real rs i can justify it by non existent items and achievements, fun social interactions and conversations. The beta testing is literally getting me nowhere. I am not getting paid to do it, I get no rs experience, items, achievements, and to top it all off its' not fun after a short period of time.
Posted Image

Leon S
[ Display Name History ]

Leon S

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 444 posts

Now take that number and cut it in half to account for people just standing around. Now maybe we have an accurate number of people testing beta. If I could give you my beta access I would. Funny looking at my friendslist and all the ones who tested beta on day one compared to now. I used to have about 10 or so friends who got in beta. I haven't seen one test it since Wednesday.

I'm sorry, but this is really annoying me. They're denying access to a lot of people who want to test the content, but they're allowing access to people who gamble on a beta server where all your items will just be deleted at the end? What the hell is going on in Jagex's mind?

SixFootOne
[ Display Name History ]

SixFootOne

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 520 posts

I'm sorry, but this is really annoying me. They're denying access to a lot of people who want to test the content, but they're allowing access to people who gamble on a beta server where all your items will just be deleted at the end? What the hell is going on in Jagex's mind?

If you look at my previous posts they are dealing with it the next update. And I understand. Trying to find someone to actually do something with in beta without already knowing them is annoying when half of them are begging for partyhats the other half are gambling. And if it means anything. Those people wanted to test combat too. They did, until they got bored, and started to gamble. I will be honest, I want to run around and try to make fake billions too. Trust me, it gets boring REALLY fast when you are gaining nothing. There is a reason people get paid to do this.
Posted Image

Leon S
[ Display Name History ]

Leon S

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 444 posts

If you look at my previous posts they are dealing with it the next update. And I understand. Trying to find someone to actually do something with in beta without already knowing them is annoying when half of them are begging for partyhats the other half are gambling. And if it means anything. Those people wanted to test combat too. They did, until they got bored, and started to gamble. I will be honest, I want to run around and try to make fake billions too. Trust me, it gets boring REALLY fast when you are gaining nothing. There is a reason people get paid to do this.

I hope they will deny access to those that gamble on the beta servers and instead, invite more players in to test their content.

Estoc
[ Display Name History ]

Estoc

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  • RSN:Estoc

Then let other people in who do want to test. It's in their best interest to at least cycle it around if it's indeed so boring.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed
Tbh for the beta they should've made a sort of dodgey hashed together server that is limited. Eg give us a random map space with most/all task monsters dotted about and the slayer masters for a week and give us an xp lamp in live game, that becomes worth more for the more hours we play.
Then next week they could just throw us into a sort of perma-dg map with a bunch of rooms and most bosses but a way to do proper floors too and only dg gear of course and give us dg xp or tokens in live.
Then week after maybe hash together a bunch of dungeons eg give slap many of the non-boss dungeon monsters in a map square and on the edges add the gwd boss rooms, barrows, kbd, kq etc. and make it so in-game we get like x% of drop value up to a limit of a few mil total
And so on and so forth but in last few weeks give us full game BUT turn off skills (cept dg slay and cmb) and trade and make us instant respawn on death at same place and again give us some sort of incentive.

Would kept things more focused and interesting.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

SixFootOne
[ Display Name History ]

SixFootOne

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 520 posts

I hope they will deny access to those that gamble on the beta servers and instead, invite more players in to test their content.

I have a feeling they will have some shop with more free items (maybe money and rares). Although that's purely speculation on my part. I think that would be the easier way to deal with the situation rather than running around blacklisting names you see gambling.
Posted Image

steviej
[ Display Name History ]

steviej

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • RSN:Steviej
The only reason to participate in beta is to have an advantage in terms of learning the basics when it goes live.

I didn't even try to get in this time (although I wouldn't have gotten it anyway, as I understand it.) because the rs2 beta was a waste as well. Back then, I was still going for 85 mining, and rsc players will remember that when you reached a full inventory in classic, the ore you mined after was automatically dropped. So unless the beta is specifically geared towards the features you use all the time, the fun doesn't last, and people get upset over the stuff they miss out on in the actual game. I really only see beta participation as beneficial if you boss-hunt or pvp a significant amount of time.

My account spent most of the last 10 months "locked"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users