The Evolution of Combat: BETA discussion

Leon S

Great I'll be missing next weekends event. :( but ah sure it is only a few items

From what Jagex said, you need to attend all four to get the suit, so if you miss one you miss it all. :?

Maybe find someone you trust to log in for you?

I think that is untrue based on the fact they said you unlock a different part each weekend and for doing cwars this weekend you got 'congratulations you have unlocked part of the beta reward outfit in the live game' message in chat box (or roughly that wording) the implication being each weekend has a specific reward and that missing a weekend just misses that part.

Once you've complete all four weekend events, you'll be awarded the costume on your live (non-beta) account.

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/combat-beta-weekends-featured-events--essential-info

I take that to mean you have to complete all four weekend events to receive the costume at all. I could be misinterpreting however.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I think that the outfit is only possible to receive after all the events have been completed however if you have completed only 3/4 events you will still receive 3 of the armor pieces after the fourth event.

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

Yeah we are not getting any of the outfit until all 4 weekends have ended hence you will be awarded it after all 4 weekends. However each individual weekend unlocks specific pieces, that's what they said originally and the in-game message confirms you unlocked a piece this weekend.

Besides the complete thing says you need to complete all 4 to receive the costume eg you need all 4 to get the costume as a whole because each weekend unlocks different parts so missing 1 weekend means you do not get the entire costume.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Yeah we are not getting any of the outfit until all 4 weekends have ended hence you will be awarded it after all 4 weekends. However each individual weekend unlocks specific pieces, that's what they said originally and the in-game message confirms you unlocked a piece this weekend.

Besides the complete thing says you need to complete all 4 to receive the costume eg you need all 4 to get the costume as a whole because each weekend unlocks different parts so missing 1 weekend means you do not get the entire costume.

This is completely true, it's a 5 part costume and you have to do the event for each of the 4 weeks, you will then get the entire costume as one award at the end of the period.

I'm getting pms from gold bots in the beta lol...

Private chat is global. The bots don't have to be in the beta to message you there.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I been testing hotkey bar for skilling its awesome for such thing like burying bones...frosts are like 850k exp in hour that way if you bury them in bank.

cleaning herbs is like 250k exp in hour with fellstalk when using hotkey, all it require is to keep specific key down for couple secs and whole inventory cleaned (seems it cleans 10 herbs in one pop)

also i can see it have good use with powermining/fishing and hunter when it can dump your inventory to ground in few secs.

hope they going to keep it that way so i can go back to riverfishing and also those ppl can clean herbs that are not familiar with mousekeys or using cheat programs to do clicks.

Ok now... That comment is completely false and who ever told you that is full of shit.

That would be... Jagex.

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/og-blog-evolution-of-combat

Allow players’ combat levels to truly represent their ability – The combat level calculator is complicated and encourages players to not train certain skills in an attempt to create a false impression of their damage potential (pures).

I've played the beta enough to be able to fill in the blanks from there. I agree that the old formula was broken but this one is worse, and it's compounded by the fact that it determines what you get experience from (Which, at my far-from-maxed level, is almost nothing).

What does crit do? Does it increase your chance to hit your max? With my ASN, seers' (i) and God cape I have a 10.4% crit bonus.

There should be more combo's for Magic. Impact, followed up by Torture is a good example. An idea is to use Combust on an enemy, and if you use Chain while Combust is active, Chain would spread Combust over any target it hits. Things like that could make for some cool combo abilities and make Magic more interesting.

Would definitely be interesting to see some more advance purpose built ability combo effects like the combustion thing suggested above.

I also kinda think some of the channelled effects should be tweaked to be more of a cone than a straight line or have a window of time in which they can swivel within a cone b4 being locked down 100% to a straight line, they are just a bit to easy to dodge if you are not stunned.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Takes 50 successful casts to fill your adrenaline bar to full without using any abilities.

Is that based on each spell doing 'x' amount of damage or do 0s add adrenaline too?

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

I just feel abilities need to be more like mini-special attacks rather than something you are using constantly during combat.

2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

Takes 50 successful casts to fill your adrenaline bar to full without using any abilities.

Is that based on each spell doing 'x' amount of damage or do 0s add adrenaline too?

Each spell has to hit something. 0's or splashes don't count.

Went to kill Jad. He's still just as easy as he is in the current live game. Just get him down to half health, then use Asphyxiate and Wild Magic to finish him off before the healers can even reach him.

I'm getting pms from gold bots in the beta lol...

I read that as Premenstrual Syndrome and lol'd a bit.

Ok now... That comment is completely false and who ever told you that is full of shit.

That would be... Jagex.

I think he's disagreeing with the notion that skills (as in player decision) will not affect combat, while I believe you meant skills as in Runescape experience skills (Strength etc.).

I agree that the old formula was broken but this one is worse, and it's compounded by the fact that it determines what you get experience from (Which, at my far-from-maxed level, is almost nothing).

Jagex has stated a few times that its not your combat level that affects your experience gained, but your skill trained vs. enemy's defence, unless I misunderstood you.

There should be more combo's for Magic. Impact, followed up by Torture is a good example. An idea is to use Combust on an enemy, and if you use Chain while Combust is active, Chain would spread Combust over any target it hits. Things like that could make for some cool combo abilities and make Magic more interesting.

So... like WoW Impact"]Impact?I like the idea of that, however I've noticed that a fair few don't like the idea that these abilities should consist of most of your DPS. If jagex makes combo abilities, then pressing lots of buttons will become nearly mandatory because it will increase the ability output.

22031_s.gif

2GbO7.png

I like this decision. I was getting kc for gwd with magic and found it to be unbelievably slow without spamming abilities. Haven't tried slayer yet but I'd imagine it's just about the same.

Still think it's stupid that those who can only play the beta on the weekend have no way of providing any feedback on the RSOF.

Seriously? so if I spot a bug/want to provide feedback during my unfairly allocated limited access to the Beta I can't post it onto the RSOF...way to treat your long term members Jagex..

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

Still think it's stupid that those who can only play the beta on the weekend have no way of providing any feedback on the RSOF.

Seriously? so if I spot a bug/want to provide feedback during my unfairly allocated limited access to the Beta I can't post it onto the RSOF...way to treat your long term members Jagex..

You can report the bug in game.

howlin1eeveesig.png

Also it stops the large amount of spam posts that would probably arise on weekends. It's a shame but like most things its there because of the innate human desire to be destructive.

2mqj8rr.png

You can report the bug in game.

Can't provide feedback using in-game report function though, way to value our opinions Jagex :/

@Cheat that's why they have forum mods & JMods

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png