Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Evolution of Combat: BETA discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2934 replies to this topic

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
Spot the discrepancies.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Honestly I give up trying to get any useful information out of the stupid equipment interface, the % chance values all seem to be incorrect in one way or another.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Golvellius
[ Display Name History ]

Golvellius

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,685 posts
What discrepancies?
What do the percents mean? Amount of damage reduction? Chance to get hit?
Anyhow, try putting on one piece of armor at a time and see what happens.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
The percents are supposed to be chances of defending against an offence 1000 attack of that combat type.
It's just really weird that despite all the pieces of armour being classed as "Melee", they seem to contribute different amounts of their armour value to the total effective defence, which is reflected in the percents.

Either that or there's something wrong with the calculator, which also claimed I had a 100% hit-chance against White Knights (actually closer to 60% on testing).

6Ij0n.jpg

Logdotzip
[ Display Name History ]

Logdotzip

THAT ONE CLIMBING BOOTS GUY

• Members
  • 1,150 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Logdotzip
Some NPC reworks, I see Graardor obv, and ice/waterfiends, some other stuff too

Posted Image

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

The percents are supposed to be chances of defending against an offence 1000 attack of that combat type.
It's just really weird that despite all the pieces of armour being classed as "Melee", they seem to contribute different amounts of their armour value to the total effective defence, which is reflected in the percents.

I've come to the conclusion that the equip screen just doesn't work. A few days ago if you had a crit bonus above 4% or so, equipping a weapon would lower it.

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts

I've come to the conclusion that the equip screen just doesn't work. A few days ago if you had a crit bonus above 4% or so, equipping a weapon would lower it.

Still happens with Ranged crit as far as I know, had a ranging amulet and archer ring (i) for 7.9% crit, put on Zaryte bow and had none :(

6Ij0n.jpg

Tres
[ Display Name History ]

Tres

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 416 posts
is druidic really so powerful for level 4 skillers?
i tested that full bronze without shield give 136 armor and 140 health while full druidic give 1600 armor and 3244 health.....at level 4 its great help for questing and such...god robes didnt seem to give anything so they not much worth to use.

though price difference between those is alot too but still...

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller
Graardor looks like a giant now moreso that some kind of ogre-like breed. I hope they make some greater discrepancies between ourges and ogres because it looks rather grey in terms of racial differences. Also where did you find those pictures?

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Quyneax
[ Display Name History ]

Quyneax

Aes Sedai

• Members
  • 11,297 posts
  • RSN:Mierin

Graardor looks like a giant now moreso that some kind of ogre-like breed. I hope they make some greater discrepancies between ourges and ogres because it looks rather grey in terms of racial differences. Also where did you find those pictures?

Giants have much more human-like proportions, ogres are much rounder/fatter and with shorter legs, ourgs are (based on the one model we have, e.g. Graardor) more like ogres but with flat stomachs.
Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions
99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)
99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)
99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)
99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)
99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)
Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring
Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace
30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Sylpheed
[ Display Name History ]

Sylpheed

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
  • RSN:Sylpheed
  • RSN2:Eliteice1
  • Clan:Scryers

Posted Image

So glad they've acknowledged this. It's pretty much my only major gripe with it so far.

Ambler
[ Display Name History ]

Ambler

Black Knight Trainer

• Monster Hunting Team
  • 3,453 posts
  • RSN:Ambler3
  • RSN2:Joe Tiko
  • Clan:EoE.... Sometimes.
I'll miss the old Graador. :sad:

Posted Image
^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^
My livestream- Currently: Offline :(
Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

Lewtations

Saunamajuri
[ Display Name History ]

Saunamajuri

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 798 posts
  • RSN:Saunamajuri
  • RSN2:Logigalize
  • Clan:Nobody tells me what "Clan" is :(
How I understood it: Ourgs are a refined forms of ogres, being stronger and more intelligent.

That new Graardor model suits that description pretty nicely.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

Platinum_Myr
[ Display Name History ]

Platinum_Myr

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  • RSN:Serena Sedai
  • RSN2:Fyora Serena
  • Clan:The Knighted Angels
The equipment screen is completely useless right now. The information it tells us is either a) wrong, or b) right, and that means that equipment values are broken

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Leon S
[ Display Name History ]

Leon S

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Latin

Posted Image

3600 armor in rune armor 3520 in torva armor? What?

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts

Posted Image

3600 armor in rune armor 3520 in torva armor? What?

The shield's adding the armor

77yLQy8.png

Kaur
[ Display Name History ]

Kaur

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • Clan:RSD

Aside from the RSOF and ingame I read most other fansites threads on the topic for external/different feedback and know they have threads 80+ pages long with feedback and impressions that we can work on.

Hi Chris L.

Freewalk
[ Display Name History ]

Freewalk

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 6 posts
ruined the game tbh .-.
Posted Image
Posted Image
246qp

Platinum_Myr
[ Display Name History ]

Platinum_Myr

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  • RSN:Serena Sedai
  • RSN2:Fyora Serena
  • Clan:The Knighted Angels

ruined the game tbh .-.

It hasn't even released yet. We have no idea if this will be how it turns out, or if any issues you may have are resolved. It would be better to post feedback about what you didn't like, so that they can understand and change it :)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Estoc
[ Display Name History ]

Estoc

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  • RSN:Estoc
Could someone post weapon damage from rune thrownaxe and javelins? Thanks.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Sirknudsen
[ Display Name History ]

Sirknudsen

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 60 posts
After messing around on the beta during the weekend I was allowed to I'm not so stoked about this update anymore. I went to try out some slayer as it's really the only thing I enjoy anymore the kills well unless you button mashed abilities were so much slower compared to the live version and on top of that I was only getting 9xp/gargoyle. I know these rates aren't set in stone but unless they get a major overhaul on how xp is handled through out the game they're in for a very rude awakening when this goes live.
"And with the first round rapture draft pick, God selects...... Macho Man Randy Savage ohhhh yeaaah brother!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users