The Evolution of Combat: BETA discussion

Leon S

Actually, those ads are pretty common. Tip.it has no direct control over what ads are shown (I believe they use google ads, but not sure on that). Anyways, since Tip.it and Rs gold selling sites are both very much runescape-related, the automatic system will put a lot of gold selling ads on tip.it. You can report those as a bad so Tip.it can request that particular ad to be banned from the ad reel.

• Like 1

The removal of Polypore is a damn shame. How am I expected to Slay with Lunars permanently on? Without having to systematically abuse that Lunar Lodestone.

PS: Don't [bleep]ing recommend me that god awful 850K Produce Point, lvl 99 spell, 1-hour-of-Livid-Farm-per-1000-casts-which-also-forego-superior-DPS Borrowed Power.

PPS: Maybe the removal of Polypore Staff's inate spell was just a dastardly ploy to force people to play more Livid Farm?

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Why are you slaying with a pps in the first place?

PPS currently is a good cheap option for maging metal dragons if you don't have the chaotics etc. to power through em in melee or want the mage xp.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Because maging metal drags is still good kill speed and still good xp and still good profit from drops; unless you're being utterly anal metagamer and 'can't' do anything remotely worse than the best there's no good reason to not do em.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Why are you slaying with a pps in the first place?

Because PPS on metallic dragons is more DPS for me than melee. Also for Polypore creatures itself.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

I doubt polypore can do a iron/steel dragon task faster then max str+cr+ yak of spec restore.

It can't . Pps should only be used when it's the only option. In his case, skipping is preferable.

I'm just going to be blunt about this

after everything runescape's been through, if you're going to stop playing because of this

that has to be the saddest, most pathetic reason to choose compared to the other ones

If it were the reason given(and it appears for some people indeed it is), it still wouldn't be as lacklustre as the argument or lack thereof you have given to make your case. Love it or hate it; the beta is antithetical to the premise of Runescape and a complete departure from its established system of combat, it's a major change; in a list of the most major changes in RS history, this would easily be in the top 5-10. Some people can handle that, others can't and there's nothing "pathetic" or "sad" about people leaving the game over this. It would appear a lot of people are at least planning at this time to leave the game if the beta supplants the live RS; I haven't seen any data on this, but there seems to be a fair amount of anecdotal evidence(so take it for what it's worth) out there corroborating this.

I doubt polypore can do a iron/steel dragon task faster then max str+cr+ yak of spec restore.

He didn't say it could. He said for him, it was better. If he wanted to skip, he obviously would have. I think the point has been made and at this point we're beating a dead horse.

hzvjpwS.gif

after everything runescape's been through, if you're going to stop playing because of this

that has to be the saddest, most pathetic reason to choose compared to the other ones

If it were the reason given(and it appears for some people indeed it is), it still wouldn't be as lacklustre as the argument or lack thereof you have given to make your case. Love it or hate it; the beta is antithetical to the premise of Runescape and a complete departure from its established system of combat, it's a major change; in a list of the most major changes in RS history, this would easily be in the top 5-10. Some people can handle that, others can't and there's nothing "pathetic" or "sad" about people leaving the game over this. It would appear a lot of people are at least planning at this time to leave the game if the beta supplants the live RS; I haven't seen any data on this, but there seems to be a fair amount of anecdotal evidence(so take it for what it's worth) out there corroborating this.

At the same time though, I know a few people who will be coming back with the combat update. People will leave and people will come, just like with every update.

This week's event doesn't unlock a piece of the suit, right?

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

At the same time though, I know a few people who will be coming back with the combat update. People will leave and people will come, just like with every update.

Agreed, and many more hordes will be joining the game because of the beta(if it is implemented and advertised properly); the potential is tremendous, which is why I am assuming they undertook this venture in the first place.

No it does not.

All 4 outfit unlocks have come and gone.

There is going to be a 'bonus' unlock in early september if you missed one of the 4.

If you missed more than 1 of the 4 your still utterly screwed for getting it all.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

No it does not.

There is going to be a 'bonus' unlock in early september if you missed one of the 4.

If you missed more than 1 of the 4 your still utterly screwed for getting it all.

Thank god I only missed one, then!

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

No it does not.

Thank god I only missed one, then!

Meh, I only found out about the outfit after I had missed the first event, so I never bothered with the others, and now this. Not that I care, I have long stopped caring about these sort of items; I get them if I can, otherwise it isn't a big deal.

No it does not.

There may be a possibility that the bonus weekend will be worth more than 1 missed piece still, depends how many people are missing 2+ pieces I suppose. Either way I'll take part in the bonus event just to 100% guarantee I get myself the Steam Punk outfit even though I have done 4/4, 5/5 is better :)

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

No it does not.

There may be a possibility that the bonus weekend will be worth more than 1 missed piece still, depends how many people are missing 2+ pieces I suppose. Either way I'll take part in the bonus event just to 100% guarantee I get myself the Steam Punk outfit even though I have done 4/4, 5/5 is better :)

There is not.

Jagex have said it will be be a single unlock for if you missed one previous weekend

"While there’s no item unlock this weekend, don’t forget that we’re putting in an additional outfit-unlock weekend in early September, as a catch-up event. So if you missed an item unlock activity previously, you’ll be able to complete the catch-up activity in order to get access to the complete Mad Scientist Outfit. Sweet!"

From the beta event BA post for this week.

Note 'if you missed an item unlock' is in singular, not plural (which would be if you missed item unlocks). So it is for 1 item unlock.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

No it does not.

There is not.

Jagex have said it will be be a single unlock for if you missed one previous weekend

"While there’s no item unlock this weekend, don’t forget that we’re putting in an additional outfit-unlock weekend in early September, as a catch-up event. So if you missed an item unlock activity previously, you’ll be able to complete the catch-up activity in order to get access to the complete Mad Scientist Outfit. Sweet!"

Note 'if you missed an item unlock' is in singular, not plural (which would be if you missed item unlocks). So it is for 1 item unlock.

yeah but Jagex'sIVPex's word is worthless IMO, don't trust a thing they say til it's live content. In there eye's £ > keeping there word. Time will tell I suppose.

• Like 1

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

No it does not.

There is not.

yeah but Jagex'sIVPex's word is worthless IMO, don't trust a thing they say til it's live content. In there eye's £ > keeping there word. Time will tell I suppose.

Even when the content goes live, you can't assume that policy won't suddenly change.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

[spoiler=Wall of Quote/text]

No it does not.

There is not.

Even when the content goes live, you can't assume that policy won't suddenly change.

True actually, never trust anything IVPex say.

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png