Leon S

The Evolution of Combat: BETA discussion

So barrows is going to cost more to repair? [bleep]. Repair costs as a whole are pretty pointless, if you ask me. Maybe if they required special resources to repair (mining and smithing update please) it would be an interesting mechanic, but if it's just taking pure cash, it's pretty lame.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

At least those are some solid responses.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

If I knew that saying "Needs Improvement" would make Jagex think that the EOC is ready, I would've chosen "I don't like it".

Really, all my life, someone saying that something "needs improvement" always meant "it sucks, but I don't want to hurt feelings". However, I genuinely believe that the system is a massive improvement, just not how it is right now. Momentum training is still not worth it.

• Like 2

22031_s.gif

34g0qk0.png

Good! So Hybrid sets are for hybriding again? And weren't completely forgotten??

Also nice to see they finally have dragonhide boots. (Ranger on northern stand)

2dgucz6.png

I think the best way to force them to improve the EOC is to release it and then fix the things that need improvement asap, aka they should be pulling overtime on the week of the 20th, easily.

jagerbluebt1.gif

Thx to MxM for parts of the sig!

They should allow those hybrid sets available in CW to test out. I mean, whats the point in spending hours attaining one only to find out it sucks? :\

Popoto.~<3

you could say the same about zaryte bows lol

(they're not bad but damn the cost)

8f14270694.jpg

They should allow those hybrid sets available in CW to test out. I mean, whats the point in spending hours attaining one only to find out it sucks? :\

They're level 85 tier armor, above Nex sets, so they wouldn't suck even if they couldn't actually be used for hybriding. Of course, there's no telling if much easier to get level 85 or 90 tier armor will be released with Player-Owned Ports.

Does anyone know if Void/Hybrid kept its hidden % bonuses? I feel like I've asked before...

Also...

33l03dg.png

Not sure if worth doing for real. I certainly hope they'll be offering another refund since Berserker doesn't affect PBA.

2dgucz6.png

It might not matter as much if all primal weapons are more or less equal. You could get away with using a maul or spear if you don't have access to the 2H.

I do hope there's a refund regardless of that sort of thing, though.

So auto-attacks don't work at all?

I am also horrified that people are asking for faster cooldowns. That just means more button-mashing. IMO, slower cooldowns but more damage would be better.

~ fast cooldown - massive button pressing every few seconds

~ slow cooldown - not too much messing about with buttons, you can chat and relax when doing combat

A few people have asked for shorter cooldowns when they *meant* fewer button presses.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Nice of them to acknowledge the problems. Incredibly alarming that they didn't realize some of those problems exist.

I'm still pretty convinced that there's something wrong with their formula which means that "All" classed armour will bring down your effective defence.

They really should just update the equipment screen interface to give us numbers instead of freaking stars, how hard can that transition be.

• Like 3

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I'm still pretty convinced that there's something wrong with their formula which means that "All" classed armour will bring down your effective defence.

They really should just update the equipment screen interface to give us numbers instead of freaking stars, how hard can that transition be.

I'm starting to think that they don't even know how it works.

• Like 2

Looks like godswords might be worth using after all. They got their old specials as passive effects.

Source?

Why does nobody ever trust me :(

296-297-642-64078886

has there been any word on just how many extra binds we'll get in dg?

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Really wish you could queue the next active ability to use when it becomes available. Hate being forced to button mash to maximize.

• Like 3

Riqualyn.png

Really wish you could queue the next active ability to use when it becomes available. Hate being forced to button mash to maximize.

This so much.

Also would be awesome if we could set a sequence of abilities to one hotkey, so we can create our own combos.

Yes, except that would make sense. They'll never go for that :lol:

In all seriousness, queueing would be awesome.

So their solution to nobody wanting god wars dungeon equipment is to up the repair cost of barrows? Why not just make bandos and the like be slightly better than their barrows counterparts? This really seems like such a simple solution as that way you've still got the different sets appealing to different people and you don't need to keep adjusting the repair cost/they won't make it something either stupidly high or so low as to not achieve their aim in the first place. As previously mentioned, the stat bonuses of different items needs to be made clearer.

Edit: Yeah the combo idea seems nice, they could put a limit of chaining perhaps 2 or 3 abilities only, that way it's not becoming an overpowered thing, just something to save on excess mashing.

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png