Storm of Armadyl Pure

tacobbromin3

So just do quests? Are there any levels i should get up first?

Requirements for the quests. Do defense experience quests first. Don't train defense manually until you know you won't go over the experience required for 65 defense(including the experience you'll get from quests). And get 80 magic for a polypore so you can effectively kill quest bosses. Preferably you could get an arcane stream too.

I'm not completely sure of the levels behind SoA pures, but i'm assuming they're 65 defense and magic/range based. So be sure that you don't get over a combined attack and strength level of ~146 as to stay mage based(This varies by ~4 levels depending on your other levels when you're maxed).

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

So just do quests? Are there any levels i should get up first?

Well considering you need 270 quest points and all of the requirements to do those quest you might as well just start doing every quest you can and work on the requirements for those. Honestly, I would say this pure would take way more time than it would be worth.

Assassin1357.png

I agree with doing it on your main. not worth the pure..plus i'm sure you have a head start first. and it seems your main could use more time to it. combat wise..

899th to 120 attack! August 9, 2014~!

Soa pures absolutely destroy in pvp. The only draw back is that they require a lot of effort and money:

Armadyl battlestaff: 12m

Virtus: 172.1m

92 Prayer: 74m with dragon bones, 160m with frost

Armadyl runes: 1638 each

The basic builds are:

99 magic

52 Prayer

65 Defense

~92 Combat

Uses mystic and smite. Not worth it because you'll fight people in shit gear.

99 magic

52 prayer

70 defense

~94 combat

Uses ahrims and will get better fights, but still not worth it.

99 magic

92 prayer

80 defense

104 combat

Uses virtus, soulsplit, arcane/divine/ely. Will destroy most zerkers and tanks that level.

You really need the 3rd build to be effective in pvp at all.

There's also a ton of quests: ROTM is absolutely necessary, without it you wouldn't be able to cast soa. It requires WGS, which alone requires 270 qp. You'll spend hundreds of hours questing.

So, ya, you'll destroy in pvp, but it takes a lot of work.

Thank you so much everyone. I should be starting this pure in about a week probably. I will have a blog and keep you guys posted. Don't expect a TON because I will also be working on my main account. Low_levelled , I am going to be doing this quest on my main. Also, give me like 100m cuz its muh birthday lol :)

Tacobbromin3.png

Ermmm. Whats all this about getting fights in SoA? People have done nothing but run from SoA since day 2 when they realized how overpowered it was.

It's still absolutely devastating for PJing and even rushing when mixed with claws, but don't expect to consistently get people foolish enough to fight you this late after release. (Unless you do stupid stuff like no arm to encourage them, but then you just destroy your advantage...)

No one has mentioned 92 summoning for wolptinger... That's extremely important. (Constant +10 minimum/max damage, +6% additional damage over magic potion.)

CNqWHdA.jpg

when i did it (granted it was new then) you could get kills pretty fast attacking random people. i would say it was like 1/6 kill rate doing that.

also you get all this hate so i didn't actually find it really that fun.

uhh it seems like your main could become your soa pure if you wanted.

and i agree with powerfrog - you have to get a wolpy (so maybe burst lobs?).

Someone gets my point...when I said you need more time on your main, combat wise...so that's a yes to SoA on your main, turnining it into the pure you want.

899th to 120 attack! August 9, 2014~!

^u serious about my main being one?

If we're talking about the one with the stats in your signature, then yes. It can more easily become a SoA pure than just making a whole new account. I suggest following the build guide Hedgehog posted.

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

Do it on your main.

I agree with doing it on your main. not worth the pure..plus i'm sure you have a head start first. and it seems your main could use more time to it. combat wise..

uhh it seems like your main could become your soa pure if you wanted.

As far as I can tell, the stats on your main are all low enough that you're going to have to raise them all anyway to get SOA. So I don't see why you need a pure at all. :razz:

Someone gets my point...when I said you need more time on your main, combat wise...so that's a yes to SoA on your main, turnining it into the pure you want.

^u serious about my main being one?

If we're talking about the one with the stats in your signature, then yes. It can more easily become a SoA pure than just making a whole new account. I suggest following the build guide Hedgehog posted.

Do it on your main!!!!

The main 'problem' (the thing that will gain you combat levels past what is technically useful&required) with SoA pures is going past ~146 attack+strength or past 65/70/80 defence. If you put all the quest xp in defence together, you get 200k xp, which is level 57. Since you're already 52 you'll end up at level 60-61. Since 65 is required anyway, there's no problem at all. You can almost get a quest cape, just watch out with Blood Runs Deep, it requires 75 attack & strength which will get you one combat level exactly compared to 74-74 with 99 magic/92 prayer. Also The Void Stares Back, 78 attack/strength.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I'm working on an SOA tank currently, already have 99 magic and the higher level reqs for ROTM done, still have 100 or so QP to go. If you're going to start a new account for this, my biggest advice is to not even get started unless you have a lot of extra time, and a lot of cash to burn. Personally i'm not a fan of the turmoil/ss build for SOA accounts. If you have the gp to do so, a 60 att/ 80 def/ 88 str/ 80 hp/ 77 pray (augory)/ 99 mage/ 92 summ build is the best way to go. With that build you start at cb 97, pking with virtus and a divine is more or less required because of your low LP without virtus. The reason it's optimal to stay sub 100 combat for as long as you can is because no one is truly going to fight you. SOA pking is more or less TB/entangle and then killing them before they run out of the wild. That being said most of the people you will be targeting are going to be the ones who go up to west drags, if you stay in the upper 90s of combat you get a pretty wide range of people you can attack, also there are plenty of turmoil/zerks around that combat level that frequently hybrid at west drags, if you get too high of a combat level than having melee becomes far less useful. With the turmoil build of an SOA tank your accounts ability to output damage doesn't become significantly higher to warrant the added combat levels, thus making you less effective than you could be otherwise. Piety will do just fine for your switch to claw specs.

With the build I posted, YES you risk alot everytime you are in the wild.... but a combat 97 with 1200 LP, and a divine? It's intimidating to think about risking 700+ mil in the wild.... but there really isn't much risk unless you have a crappy connection. No one your combat level will be able to out damage you, and you can take a ridiculous amount of damage. Most people after being teleblocked and entangled and see the pinecone of armadyl coming after them will not bother trying to attack you, they'll be too busy spam clicking to get out of the wild.

Just a little advice from someone actually building an account like that.

Why on earth would you want Augury? It's a lousy 5/115th improvement over Mystic Might and worse than leech magic, plus it costs you three combat levels. Soul Split is only another two combat levels away.

Also Virtus isn't all that necessary, if you stick to 65 def you save 3.75 combat levels, or you save 2.5 levels at 70 defence for Ahrim's (maybe a nice barrows helmet for added tankness). It doesn't require you to risk nearly as much. People will also be somewhat willing to fight you, maybe, occasionally.

E.g. your 97 combat build could instead be 90, without Virtus/divine risk. Or 96 without Virtus/divine, but with 99 hp. Or 96 with 52 pray/85 def for ganodermic, which has a much better performance:risk ratio than Virtus. Or 97 combat with soul split instead of Virtus, which you don't have to risk.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Soa pures absolutely destroy in pvp. The only draw back is that they require a lot of effort and money:

[snip]

So, ya, you'll destroy in pvp, but it takes a lot of work.

True as this might be, they're still not worth it. With a SoA pure you're relying on other's lack of information or their stupidity to get kills. You'r either going to need to get lucky fighting someone that has no idea how OP SoA is or you're going to need to fight someone that knows how strong it is, but is stupid enough to think he can still kill you.

Most people use SoA for two things and that's PJing/Rushing.

You're going to spend months working on making a pure that's going to lose you more money in combat than it's going to gain you. You're going to spend a fortune on runes each fight (assuming you get an honest fight) only for the person to Tele (and if you're lucky enough to kill someone it's going to be Rune Sets and the occasional DH set which is hardly going to cover the cost of your supplies).

Now i see a lot of people saying TB and Bind/Entangle. It's not going to work every time. And even if it does, you're going to be risking a lot more than most players' bank, so you're going to get PJed from every corner of the map by someone who's going to try his luck.

Now what i say might seem like total BS, but i've spent a good few hours in the Wildy the past few weeks and i've seen the state of it. There are 100's of 1-itemers running around and even more PJers. If you want to get SoA on your main for moe than just PKing, then i would fully support you all the way there, but the last thing i want to see is someone wasting their time and money on a get-rich-quick scheme.

All i can say is that i hope for the sake of PKing that the combat update makes PJing and maybe even Rushing impossible.