JAMjE's blog of post-mediocrity!

Hello there and welcome to my blog!

n.b. I have a habit of writing giant walls of text, but I promise some of them are worthwhile!

[spoiler=About myself]Hello again, here is where you click to read if you wish to know more about me as a person! I'll try and keep it short, but that isn't very likely to happen so here goes... My name is Jamie and I'm an 18 year old (soon to be ex-) sixth form student from South East London. For the past 2 years I've been studying English Literature, Media Studies, Maths and Spanish at a grammar school sixth form, and I'm about a month away from my final exam as I write this (probably not the best time to be starting a blog!)

I enjoy many things in life, football (soccer) being one of them. Following in the footsteps of my dad, I'm an avid Leeds United fan and go to as many games per season as my finances and studies allow! I like going out Friday and Saturday evenings, usually to bars, clubs and pubs and I live for live music. Whether it be a Muse arena tour or my friend's band playing a local venue, I'll try to get to as many different gigs as possible. My music taste is fairly varied, but I think almost all of the music I like can be put under the umbrella term 'rock', with my current favourite bands being Muse, Arctic Monkeys, The Strokes, The Libertines, Bloc Party, Kings Of Leon and quite a few more!

Over the next few months, especially the weeks subsequent to my exams, I will have a lot of free time, so it seemed the right time to make a return to runescape (and blogscape!) My TIF join date suggests I should be pretty well known around here, but I was always more of a lurker, and having gone through a couple of name changes on here (Biscithead & Jamie_) I have settled with JAMjE, to match my runescape name. If you did know me on Biscit Head then let me know because I'm always looking to get back in touch with old friends! In september I'll be heading off to the University of East Anglia to study film, and I'm afraid runescape will probably fall by the wayside, so for that reason, these next few months aren't about achieving unattainable goals, but just me having fun. (I warned you about length!)

[spoiler=About my Runescape self]My runescape story is in fact quite a long one, but I'll skip the first few years of mining coal in the dwarven mines, heading to draynor and selling the certs, even though those were some of my most enjoyable days on scape!

If we fastforward to 2004(?), I made the account Biscit Head. If I knew how or why I came up with that name I would tell you, but I don't have a clue... That account however turned out to be my longest and most successful account, although success should probably be in inverted commas because 1500 total is hardly something to shout about these days! After a few years on and off, well more like 6 years with huge gaps in between, I finally though I'd outgrown this game, so sold the account to my cousin for a cool £50, a transaction I still don't regret!

Just before I quit, I had started a skiller account called skillersz, which swiftly turned into my main when I returned from my hiatus roughly 5 months after 'being too old for Runescape'. This account was however hacked and I decided to start again one more time, so I made the account Robbence, which was named after a friend of mine who used the name Robbence in the IRC chat. I played F2P for a few months and was fairly content being an average F2Per but then I started to long for the trials and tribulations of P2P gameplay, so in December 2011 I bought one month of membership for my account. I had a fun month, but when it came to an end, my drive to play the game had diminiushed, so I left the account as it was.

About two weeks ago, I decided to log on and see what the game was like. I discovered runespan and within a day I'd gained 25 levels in the formerly unbearable runecrafting skill, so I decided to come back, just F2Ping and 100% casual. Once again, my desire for challenges that only the membership side of the game could offer me returned, and so 3 days ago I entered that pin and became a fully fledged member of the Runescape community once more!

Whilst playing Runescape, I try and keep my combat and non-combat skills balanced, but I always fail, because I just enjoy killing things so much more than making things! My favourite skills in response to this are: Slayer (Killing things because a fairy tells me to, who wouldn't enjoy that?), Magic (The whole attraction to this fantasy style mmorpg has to stem from somewhere!) and Attack (Higher attack, better weapons!)

This being said, I also enjoy a few non combat skills, with my favourites being: Herblore (For me making potions links in with the magical element of the game), Construction (Who wouldn't want a home to be proud of?) and Smithing (Nostalgia reasons mainly)

Start of blog; 27th May 2012

At the time of writing this opening post, my current stats are as follows

i1bgpd.png

My cropping level is: cba

Here is my current, and pretty pathetic, best of bank

mc3cps.png

Accepting all donations!

Did someone ask for goals?

I've never been the most focused scaper, that meaning I very rarely set a large goal and stick with it, and I have to accept that's just the way I play, so instead, I just have a few general goals, some easy, some hard, that I will achieve over either a short or long time, depending how enjoyable it is to reach!

[spoiler=Level Goals]

After achieving all but one of my previous goals, it's time to update them and set some new ones, perhaps ones that require some painstaking grinding, but hopefully not too many of those!

Defence 80 - After achieving 70 defence, I had 70 in all of my melee stats, and I've decided the one I'd like to get to 80 and beyond first, is defence. A lot of people would say it's silly and I should go for max strength to maximise the speed of kills/ efficiency etc, but when have I been one for efficiency?

Slayer 70 - 10 more than my previous slayer goal, and I'm currently at 65, so I'll be training defence and slayer simultaneously before moving on to ranging the last few slayer levels after 80 defence.

Range 70 - Will be achieved through slayer after defence, red dragonhide looks ridiculously nooby so I need to upgrade to at least black, before moving on to royal! Never been a huge fan of range but I've purchased a dark bow for this goal so it shouldn't be too tolling.

Summoning 60 - Summoning is currently my only skill under 50, and that is due to me being broke! I'm using all available lamps on this skill and with the help of tears of guthix, penguins and some actual training when my bank balance rises, 60 seems a nice level, and fits in perfectly with my combat level goal.

Prayer 70 - After hitting 61, mainly through quest rewards, I think 70 prayer is going to take a lot longer, and will be done, unfortunately, through the old ecto training method, costing a fair bit, but piety will be worth it!

Combat 100 - With all of these levels, I punched in a few calculations and I found at 70 attack and strength, 80 defence, ~76 constitution, 70 prayer and 60 summoning, I'll be right on 100 combat, so here's hoping an extra constitution level doesn't ruin that!

Total level 1600/1700 - 1600 is very short term and I will probably achieve this goal within the next few days, and that I believe, is where I stop being a noob. 1600 total for me is where mediocrity lies, and anything beyond that is teasingly close to being labelled a good account, so here's hoping!

Farming - 80 - That's right, after struggling to reach the 30s in this skill just over a week ago, I've sped through the levels and I should reach 70 by the weekend, meaning I'll have 10 levels to go! Herb runs will be funding my tree training and with Maples and Papaya, it works out at roughly 75k experience per day, so not too shabby! This could yet turn into my very first 99, but let's not get ahead of ourselves!

That's enough goals for now?

Conclusions are for essays

And if you've read everything on this opening page then it probably seemed like an essay, but if you have read to here, you have my deepest thanks, and the only way to earn more gratitude from me is to post!

The format for this blog will be to add posts, rather than to update this first page too often. Once all the goals I have on here are completed, I'll add more, and if anything major happens then that will be added to the front page too!

And one final note, my private chat is set to friends, mainly because of gold selling bots, so if you want to add me, just tell me your name and I will, and a big thanks to everyone in Serpent Eye's friend chat because if they weren't there, all my noobish questions would remain unanswered!

Jamje.png

null and void

Ok so I'll fill you all in on my first few days back as a member:

I went back to my old hunting ground, barrows, and was utterly shocked to see the major transformation it had undergone, rendering my shovel useless! I'm not sure if I was having bad luck, but it also seemed to have gotten harder, so I decided to sell the supplies I'd stocked up on back in December and continue with other P2P-type activities.

My dismay was further compounded when I found out I'd lost about 2M because it seems every item I had more than 10 of decided to crash and burn, including my thousands of runes, bolt racks, potions, herbs and seeds! I did however notice my ~3000 trout had shot up in value, so every cloud...

I decided to visit my fairy friends and visit my old master Chealader (It's been a long time and I'm 99% sure I've spelt his name wrong, forgive me master) and he sent me off on a wild adventure of mass destruction. Well in reality he sent me to the slayer tower to kill some naughty mages of the infernal variety. After that and a few more tasks over the next couple of days, my favourite of which was a nice troll task, I was told to get a dragon defender by some very experienced players, and who was I to turn down their wisdom!?

After 2000 tokens I had only reached the black flavoured defender and was on the brink of giving up! But 500 tokens later, I had the set, and one to spare, and I returned to what I do best, killing contracted monsters!

There were a few clue scrolls that made me lose faith in the word 'hard' tossed in there too, and some nice drops including a torstol seed, black mystic boots, and 2 white mystic robe bottoms, but with exams looming, revision has to take priority, so I will post more news later when I have some for you, and whilst this was only a brief overview of the last few days, the posts that will follow this will be more in depth and will even include pictures!

Jamje.png

null and void

Nice blog, I like your writing style :P

A few tips:

- the only gloves that are better than barrows are the ones you get from Dominion Tower, but you need 110 combat to access it

- if you want to get a slayer helmet before 100 combat, you cannot do Shilo tasks (because you need 100 combat for Duradel)

Good luck with your goals :)

Hey Tiigon thanks for posting, I try to make my blog interesting to read and hopefully people will enjoy it!

Thanks for the tips, I guess I'll just stick with chaeldar until I have enough points! I suppose technically using Vanakka for all but 10th, 20th etc tasks would be better for points, but I don't entirely want to sacrifice experience, and I like the majority of Chaeldar's tasks. And it looks like barrows gloves it is!

So what did I get up to today? I hear my millions of readers ask...

Well I did a bit of sunbathing, popped to Tesco and played some fifa, but you don't want to hear about that!

As you can tell from the pictures I used to show my stats, I started my day in Al Kharid, this was due to a Kalphite task Chaeldar asked me to complete for him. Now in the past, I would tend to just kill the lowly workers for a quick task, but today, armed with my new dragon defender, I thought I'd try my luck on the soldiers! The first trip was a nightmare because I got the anti-poison:monkfish ratio all wrong, but I returned and managed to slay a good 100 kalphite in 1 inventory!

The drops were pretty poor, but the exp was pretty good so I can't complain!

I returned, pretty pleased with myself, to my fairy master to receive my next task, which to my delight was Jellies. I remember enjoying Jelly tasks in the past and the clue drops they promised really got me in the mood to slay! Unfortunately not a single clue was dropped and it took me 2 inventories to kill the 157 jellies I was asked to.

On the plus side, I got a fair amount of experience which resulted in this:

1zzjl2c.png

Goal 1 complete, and now it's time to purchase that Verac's skirt!

I returned to Chaeldar again for my next task, but this time he had something much more personal to ask me...

He took me to one side and asked my to... experiment...

Well what he actually asked me to do was test his new spray on some mutated zygomites, and me being silly, I took off my dragonhide armour and forgot to put my actual armour on, so 10 mutated zygomites took 2 trips! Thankfully Zanaris bank was nearby...

On the last Zygomite I did however get this!

jpbot4.png

So now I won't die as fast!

I got back to Chaeldar, expecting maybe a 5k slayer exp reward max, but instead I was greeted with a 10k exp reward, and this level

2evck05.png

Goal 2 complete!

My next task is Grotworms, I'll research into them and see how they turn out, but I've heard they drop some nice loot, so this could be a nice task!

I'm also going to quickly get a herblore level so I can make my own super attacks and super strengths for future tasks!

Until next time!

Jamje.png

null and void

Oh that woman who sent me into an ambush!

But yeah I don't hold grudges, so I'll do a task for her every 10 tasks, strictly business though!

Jamje.png

null and void

Thanks Gregor, I try not to be too brief/vague but I also know it can get boring reading walls of text so yeah I like to try and write quite personally, after all, it is a blog!

Yano Blake, as I was writing the posts, I really wasn't sure whether I should be putting he/she and I guess my patriarchal side got through and assumed anyone wanting things to be killed must be a man, so thanks for correcting me!

Thanks Swedishboy, I've been a fan of your blog for years now!

I apologise for no updates yesterday, it was my last day of school ever so the teachers and students all went to the pub and well, the rest is a bit of a blur...

I do however have a picture from the night before.

After posting I was considering quickly getting a herblore level... I decided to get said herblore level because 55 is the level at which I can make my own super strength potions, and I like to take a super attack and super strength on every task I endeavour!

I figured it made sense to buy supplies for 100 super attack potions but I fell ever so slightly short of my target experience, but I did notice I had a few snapegrass in my bank, so I cleaned off a few ranarr, made some magic happen, and got this!

5fqc8k.png

Now to make 100 super strength potions and return to the slaying game, Grotworms watch out!

(I'm considering tackling the higher level grotworms because a few friends of mine have suggested they are pretty good in terms of drops, but it depends how hard they are I guess!)

Jamje.png

null and void

I got a bit too into the game yesterday, when I finally called it quits I was too tired to attempt to formulate a respectable post, so here I am today, recounting to my many fans yesterday's events!

Now where did I leave you last time?

Of course! The Grotworms. Chaeldar had set me 98 of them and I was apprehensive to say the least... This apprehension was short lived, because after the first few kills, not only did I realise they were dropping generous amounts of blood and death runes, but they really weren't hitting too hard, I started to think I might be able to finish my task in 1 inventory of monkfish! As the task drew to a close, I was running dangerously low on food, but then, as if by magic, these wonderful worms started to drop the most fascinating of fish, the rainbow fish! The extra lifepoints these bad boys gave me was more than enough to see me through to the end of a reasonably enjoyable task!

I also achieved a nice rounded number level in my strength skill, bringing me to within 5 levels of my target, and a temporary end to combat training

2ij1zkh.png

After this task I was optimistic about my next task, but this optimism was crushed when I received the task to kill 85 fungal magi! A quick visit to the tip.it beastiary told me these would be tricky, expensive and slow for someone of my level to kill...

This demoralised me to the point of taking a two hour break and I came back at the time I was expecting the new update, just past 4pm.

Alas no update, so I started on this task by fire blasting the first 20 or so fungal magi before having to log out due to this update...

This is where my day really took a turn for the better...

I logged back in, carried on killing these fungal magi and in the hyt friend's chat I noticed Insane Chef saying that he sold royal dragonhides for 500k each and that level 91 grotworms dropped them (the very same grotworms from my previous task!)

I pondered joining him, but I decided to wait at least until I needed to bank, which wasn't a long wait I might add (I'll definitely be praying magic next time I'm there because killing ~30 a trip isn't very efficient is it!)

I got to the bank and thought about how I was going to kill these grotworms... I knew I didn't want to have to keep banking if there was serious money to be made, so I withdrew 16 prayer potions and 4 super attacks and strengths... this would last me a long time I thought to myself

I reached the grotworms and they were relatively empty... the cave itself was alive with excitement and many brave adventurers' lives were lost in combat to the might Queen Black Dragon, but this wasn't why I'd arrived

The fact that these lowly level 91s were dropping 500k drops not too infrequently had been kept relatively quiet it seemed, and I managed to get 4 within an hour or so and sell them for a nice 2M!

Using my savvy business mind, I then bought some hides for 400k each, tanned them, got assisted and sold some chaps for 1M (A nice 200k profit)!

But then word spread and on my second attempt at a quick buying and selling profit, I actually lost a few hundred thousand gp, so I decided to leave merchanting to the pros and returned to the grotworms.

In total yesterday I think I racked up 20 hide drops and over 1000 royal bolts, and despite the obvious drop in price as the day went on, I made roughly 5M gp in about 4 hours! I did briefly consider staying there all night, but then I remembered my exam tomorrow and knew I'd need to spend today awake and alert to revise, so I went to the grand exchange and amongst the hustle and bustle and excitement, I crossed the first item off my shopping list!

nqdbva.png

Amulet of Fury - Check!

I have a nice little medium clue scroll to take care of now, which means I will have an update for you later, but how big it is depends on how well the revision goes today, so until then my friends, happy scaping!

Jamje.png

null and void

Not a big post to fill you in on yesterday's adventures I'm afraid!

I did that clue I mentioned and the reward wasn't even worth posting, but I'm not selfish so an extra 50k in the coffers is a nice bonus!

I finished my fungal magi task and got 71 magic in the process, but that didn't seem like a picture worthy moment either!

I officially despise each and every fungal mage though, the amount of money I spent on runes, and even prayer potions for that task was ridiculous!

I went to Summona (Sp?) for my 10th task since completing smoking kills and she rewarded me with a hefty bloodveld task, although the exact number escapes me...

A talented slayer would probably cannon these badboys to shreds in the smoky well but I'll take them on one at a time in the slayer tower! I might pray against them too because I remember having them as a task before and they hit fairly hard... I'll try one inventory without prayer and see how I cope I guess, and this task should nicely bring up 61 slayer, 71 constitution and 69 strength!

I should also mention that with swiftkit being hacked, print screens become more tedious so there will be less of them I'm afraid, only things truly worth print screening shall have that honour! A huge thank you to Ermin who was the first to bring this to my attention, the hacking that is, and gave me enough time to change my password and uninstall the corrupted software before my account was forever lost to the abyss of hackings!

IRL I had my mechanics exam today and if you were wondering it went really well, so I'll reward myself with a full day of scaping, so later tonight I should have a lot more to tell you!

Until then!

Jamje.png

null and void

I'm going to keep telling myself my blog gets hundreds of readers, but they're all too scared to post...

Ok so yesterday on the plus side, I got quite a lot done, but on the down side, I have no pictures for you, and for that I apologise!

I'm awful at remembering to paste my print screens into paint, so I think I'm going to find a new screenshot programme that does it for me!

Yesterday started with that bloodveld task, which surprisingly took me two inventories of monkfish and every last prayer point I had, but they were extremely generous with their charm drops, which should help me in the coming days!

The subsequent task was formidable to say the least... Chaeldar assigned me 36 bronze dragons! I'd killed these on other accounts before but I was wary about the threat they posed, so after getting advice from the always helpful HYT chat, I decided to mage these. I closed in on 72 magic, but other than that it was actually quite a boring task, but it wasn't too hard so I can't complain... I may have to melee them in the future though because I think I spent like 400k just on runes for that task!

My next task was a lot nicer, Chaeldar sent me to do what I feel I do best at the moment, killing grotworms! 108 of them to be precise, and it brought me 69 strength and well into 61 slayer! The drops were nice and I returned to Chaeldar in boyount mood! The next assignment I had was to kill 120 Abberant Spectres, which at first, worried me. With the crashing herb prices I was afraid this task would be more expensive than other tasks, but obviously with cheap prayer potion prices, and helped along by 3 snapdragon seeds and a few other nice drops, this was my most profitable task of the day, and again quite an easy one! I finally acheived 70 strength and 62 slayer there too, so as I said, that's an end to my slayer and combat training for a while!

After that I decided to do a load of easy quests, 5 to be precise, and from the 10 spins awarded to me, the fruits of the wheel were not great, but that's the way it goes sometimes!

Today I plan on doing some harder quests with decent exp rewards, and I think the first 50 I'll go for it Agility, mainly because I hate it so much and want it out the way! A mixture of quests and grinding should get me the 8 levels I need fairly quick before I'll probably move onto finishing the final 2 levels in construction!

Until next time (WITH PICTURES!)

Jamje.png

null and void

Ok well I didn't do many of the things I said I would today, but today was in fact one of the most diverse days I've had back as a member... but I'll get to that later, let's go chronologically!

I started the day with a couple more really easy quests, mainly for the SoF rewards, and I think from the 4 spins I got 2 lamps, so I can hardly complain!

I started to stare at the quest list and thought what should I do next?

Well I decided to finally get the first part of the Fairy Tale trilogy done, and in doing so gained a fair few farming levels! Whilst in Zanaris, I decided to at least see what slayer task was next, even though I had no intention of doing it... well that was until Chaeldar offered me 42 Mutated Zygomites, which were just hanging out round the corner... she knew I couldn't say no!

I did the task without much to note, and then I returned to see my next task, and oh Chaeldar knows how to get me to slay! She offered me the special Zygomite challenge, in which I kill 10 Zygomites and get a 10,000 slayer experience reward! After returning ONCE more, I was given 149 lesser demons, and my desire to slay was doused.

I started part 2 of the Fairy Tales, just enough to use the convenient fairy ring network and then I decided to really try something new... Farming.

At only 26, after the reward from the earlier quest, farming was one of my lowest skills, well it still is! And I'd never really been too keen on training it, mainly because I didn't really know how! I started asking the HYT chat about the ins and outs of the skill, and Pro Leecher decided to take me under his wing, and taught me all there is to know about tree farming, and I truly learned how simple and easy farming is, so tomorrow when I check my apple and oak trees, I should hopefully get a few levels!

So whilst on this journey of discovery, I decided to try another new skill, and whilst I had gotten summoning to ~50 on another account, I never really enjoyed it, but today I finally decided to use these gold charms of mine, and finally I have a picture to show you!

1eosjq.jpg

I went on to gain another 12 levels before running out of charms at 34 summoning, 14 higher than I started the day!

As I type this, I'm stuck in Edgeville bank, alching the pouches, which will bring me up to 72 magic, and then I think I'll even delve into hunter!

Jamje.png

null and void

I'm going to keep telling myself my blog gets hundreds of readers, but they're all too scared to post...

You'll come to realize that responses come along much less frequently than views. Don't let it get you frustrated or keep you from continuing to post. You'll have regular readers who just normally don't post, some that will post occasionally, and if you have in-game friends who read your blog you may have more frequent commenters. The best advice I can give is to blog for yourself, not for everyone else...you'll get your audience over time.

Keep up the leveling!

Thanks Gregor, I have kinda accepted this blog is more for me than others, and it's better that way anyway, it'll just be nice to have evidence of my progression, but it still is nice when people take the time to comment!

I finished up alching, acheiving 72 magic in the process, then decided to head to runespan, which is where I am now, although I have to say the exp rate doesn't seem that much better than in F2P, so I think I'll keep to F2P runespan, which is good because it gives me something to do during the few days in between one month ending and another starting!

Jamje.png

null and void

Thanks low levelled, I'm happy people are actually reading this!

So today I was awake pretty early so did some early morning scaping, and whilst playing fifa at the same time, I babysat 7 levels of fletching to get me this!

szwot0.jpg

Which was a nice start to the day, and it only really took me an hour or so, not even paying attention to most of it!

After that I decided to check my trees, and I levelled up three times in farming in about 10 minutes, I could definitely get into farming at this rate, but it seems my eagerness to check my apple trees got the better of me because only 1 of the 5 I'd planted was fully grown, so I logged out and watched some tv for an hour or so, so that now when I log in, I should gain a couple more levels checking the health of my remaining 4 trees, assuming none have died, like my first oak tree did!

After that I'm not too sure how I'll spend my day, I did a bit of runespan last night but I doubt I'll go back to that until F2P, but I think I might work on getting the strange rocks from my remaining skills before possibly going onto some agility training?

Who knows what today'll hold, but there's only one way to find out!

Jamje.png

null and void

Those 7 fletching levels were certainly a sign of things to come yesterday!

After those 7 fletching levels, I went on to gain over 50 levels in total yesterday!

I'm going to try and remember to post in the evening because my memory isn't always as fresh first thing in the morning...

If I remember correctly, after finishing fletching I decided to go check my trees! All of my oaks were fine, I gained a couple of farming levels, but only 1 of my 5 apple trees had grown! (Obviously I had been a bit too eager...)

I decided to wait by my catherby tree, and get my 2 fishing rocks whilst I waited for my tender apple tree to bloom!

It took a mere 49 shark for me to find these devious rocks, which is much more than I can say for agility later, but we'll get to that later!

After getting my fishing rocks, I got my fruit tree farming equipment out, and finished my run, getting another 2 farming levels in the process!

At this stage, after only 1 day and 2 runs of frees, I already felt like an accomplished enough farmer to add herb runs into my routine, so I went and bought a load of ranarr, strawberry and limpwurt seeds and got planting! In between these 90 minutely farming runs, I was busy getting up my other horribly low skill, hunter, and after Tears of Guthix, I reached 22.

I ventured off to the ogre infested Feldip Hills to catch some pretty birds, which got me 27 hunter reasonably quickly.

I helped a crazy eagle obsessed man in Eagle's Peak, and he taught me how to catch ferrets! I Stayed at these ferrets until level 38 hunter, until it was time for another farming run!

I'd gone from a farmaphobic, to a player who let farming determine when I stop training other skills! Farming grew and grew and before I knew it I'd gained 10 levels in it yesterday!

I went back to hunter, trying pitfalling this time, which I think I enjoyed more than box trapping, and after 2 more levels I hit this wonderful milestone!

4zuq2p.jpg

I decided 40 hunter was a nice level to take a break at too, but 22 hunter levels in half a day is nothing to be sniffed at!

I added the 2 hunter rocks to my strange statue and decided I might as well finish it! So after cooking, firemaking and crafting, I had just agility rocks left!

Even more convenient as agility is one of my skills I need to raise to 50!

Taking appropriate farming runs when necessary, I gained 6 agility levels, 43-49 before getting both rocks, the second one took a decade!

I decided to do one more farming run before bed, and now I've just woken up so here's today's more structured plan:

Farming run when I log on

Buy an agility potion and head to the wildy course to get this last level

Buy supplies and get 50 construction

Continue farming

Head back to the hunting grounds to get 50 hunter!

I think these are all pretty achievable for me today, and I'd also like to once again thank everyone in the HYT friend's chat, because without them, so many of my questions would go unanswered, and the conversation last night is what made agility training bearable, so thank you all! (Especially my fellow Leeds United fan Plastic Poet!)

Jamje.png

null and void

So today wasn't quite as productive as the day I had yesterday but by gosh I got another hefty amount of levels!

I started off continuing this new love I have for farming, and then after that I grabbed that final agility level, whilst also discovering how fast the wilderness agility course is!

2v7wbhi.jpg

After that, I decided to get a few levels in skills such as herblore, fletching and even this, on my way to getting most of the strange rocks for this week's statue! Cooking trout is always a nice relaxing thing to do whilst playing a bit of playstation!

2w51xsw.jpg

Farming is fast becoming one of my favourite skills, and this level is something I never thought I'd achieve for a long long time! It's actually been my sole source of income over this weekend so without it I wouldn't have done as much as I'd hoped!

34sks9j.jpg

Next up I had to get 10 hunter levels to get that up to level 50, and after 3 levels of swamp lizards I decided to try out falconry. I really didn't enjoy grinding that 50k exp and it's not a skill I look forward to training again, but after an hour or 2 I did it. Another thing to note about farming is that it is great at splitting up less appealling skills, such as hunter. 2 hours of non stop hunter is an awful lot less appealling than an 2 separate hours of hunter with a farming run in between!

bgd3ye.jpg

Construction next! Fairly simple, but it cost me 160k just to get a level and a half! Oak larders and a final oak chair got me to this milestone!

wm1rp2.jpg

And that only leaves summoning, however just getting level 34 - 41 is going to cost me 600k in shards, so I'm going to carry on with other skills, probably returning to slayer until I've got a cashpile of at least 1M, which is actually why I'm fishing some sharks as I write this, but at 88 fishing they are pretty slow, so it seems that slayer task of 149 lesser demons is calling me sooner than I thought. Once I hit 50 summoning and 50 in all skills I'm going to start thinking which skills I could possibly conceive getting 99 in, but until then I'll just carry on questioning the world of runescape and playing as many different things as possible!

Jamje.png

null and void

I think I hit the print screen button at least 4 times yesterday but everytime I failed to paste it onto paint so no pictures this post I'm afraid!

After achieving 50+ in all skills besides summoning I decided to go for my next goal which is 60 prayer, but heaven forbid I spend money on this goal!

After checking the tip.it quest experience guide I figured out I could get a whopping 50k exp from doing a little post-quest Saradomin worshipping but I lacked a 6th Saradomin item.

I didn't have 70 range to wear the vambraces so I took myself to the mage training arena to get myself a lovely Saradomin cape, and then I went and gained like 3 levels in the blink of an eye!

I tried troll invasion for the first time and managed to complete all 20 waves, although the last 3 were tricky because I let dynamite blow up the supply stand! That brought me a tidy 23k exp too, and another couple of levels!

THEN, I noticed I could get a 13.5k prayed exp bonus from after one of the goblin quests, so I went and killed some spirits, travelled to a barren wasteland and buried some bones!

Spirit of the Summer or Spirit of Summer, I forget which, came next, and although I frustratingly had to buy more pouches because I sucked at the fight the first time, I comfortably completed that and went off to find the 15k prayer and farming bonuses, and of course the 11k attack bonus (Not sure why it's lower but hey [garden tool] I don't want to level attack anyway!)

With constant farming in between and with farming and prayer questing continuing today I estimate I'll be into the low 60s in prayer and could break the 60 mark for farming by the end of today!

I'm pretty hungover right now which is why this post, for me, is pretty tl;dr, but hopefully I'll get some worthy print screens today and I'll have a better post tonight or tomorrow morning!

Until then!

Jamje.png

null and void

Oh I didn't notice my blog was onto its second page already, I'm definitely a serious blogger now!

Ok so yesterday I was pretty hungover so I didn't get to play as much as I thought I would, and I also started some serious revision which will continue for like two more weeks so updates will not be as packed as they have been in the past.

HOWEVER, this isn't to say this blog won't be worth reading, heavens no!

Yesterday, straight after writing the above post, I did the ol' squeal of fortune and got a lamp, I whacked it straight onto prayer which got me this lovely milestone!

2r3kubo.jpg

After more and more farm runs I also got the same level in the skill which I never would've conceived getting past 50! Thanks again to Pro Leecher who really taught me how simple and easy, and fun, farming is! Unfortunately, me being me, I completely forgot to print screen this milestone, or I probably did, but didn't paste it, which is frustrating because I genuinely would never have imagined me getting to that level!

The other big thing that happened yesterday was I noticed after buying some tree seeds, I had a cash pile of ~2k... I had about 500k worth of stuff ready to sell but I really was low on funds, but once again the HYT friend chat was my savoir, and this time, on a high from some staking victories, No Chaotics gave me 3000k! To him it may have been petty to change but to me that is an awfully large amount to receive as a donation, so I am forever in his debt!

Of course I took a screenshot of this because I want to shower him in the glory he deserves!

x0pk6h.jpg

And unfortunately I didn't get much else done yesterday, other than finishing up the Varrock easy diary, and starting on the Falador easy one too, which I'll probably complete today along with all the other easy tasks in the game! I really should do some quests after that which will enable all the medium tasks to be completed before perhaps finally returning to slayer, but if I'm being honest, skilling is actually a lot more fun than I ever remember it being, especially with most of the HYT friend chat being so nice to talk to!

Jamje.png

null and void

I never really thought I'd get into it, and whilst I think the novelty is slightly wearing off, I still do really enjoy it and I think I've gone up almost 40 levels in under a week in the skill which for me is phenomenal!

I didn't play much yesterday and I'm slightly hungover today so spending time online isn't top of my priorities, especially as I have to tidy my house for a visitor later, but I'll see what I can get done.

Yesterday I don't think I levelled at all! I completed the Falador easy diary and did a farming run in whicn 4 of my 5 pineapple plants died... I think I'll definitely start paying the farmers to watch my crops now because that's like 18k exp lost out on yesterday! I also think farming for me now will consist of a daily fruit tree run, 2 tree runs and a herb/limpwurt run when I remember/ am not busy, so I'm looking at around 30-40k exp a day, and depending on how much money I make from other skills that could go up if I decide to plant more expensive seeds, yews for example.

Today if I play much I'll probably just complete more diaries and then see where I feel like going from there, but as I said I doubt I'll be playing much today, or really for the next 2 weeks which is a shame as I feel I'm really getting back into the game, but maybe it's best I don't overplay it! (Last weekend, Saturday and Sunday I played roughly 10 hours a day...)

Good luck with all your endeavours, and I'll try and post again tomorrow/tonight!

Jamje.png

null and void

Very enjoyable to read. Engaged me throughout- I did infact make this account just so I could comment:) I found this blog through googling how to quit rs for my exams! But this blog kind of inspired me to take things in moderation: RS was not even fun to me anymore I was just addicted- with 8 exams coming up its time to take a step back for the next two weeks and get my head down- with my last exam on the 26th il be sure to start blogging when I have spare time throughout the summer holidays- thanks a lot: GhostKO