Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

JAMjE's blog of post-mediocrity!

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

JAMjE
[ Display Name History ]

JAMjE

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 476 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:JAMjE
Prets, I've always enjoyed blogging, well writing in general and blogscape is the perfect platform for me to write about something I enjoy! And yeah your account is more or less the type of account I'm aiming to become, with a decent total level at a low combat level, whilst also having a nice slayer level at the same time, I'm just a little behind on the total level!
Zuperman <3:

Yesterday I finished up my kalphite task and it was so horribly slow I vowed to never range a kalphite task again! It genuinely took me over 2 hours to kill 181 of them, and despite gaining a couple of range levels in the process, it really wasn't worth to agonisingly slow experience!

After that, I decided to take a look at which slayer masters offered which tasks, and after much deliberation, I decided that Summona offered better tasks than Chaeldar, so I had to say goodbye to my old master. Chaeldar was always my preferred master, but that was because I'd never really checked out the competition! The main reasons for switching were Summona doesn't offer Fungal Magi, Mutated Zygomites or Bronze Dragons! She also offers Hellhounds which Chaeldar doesn't offer, and luck would have it that my first task after the switch would be 169 hellhounds!

Known for their solitary clue drops, hellhounds were always a favourite of mine because I am a clue enthusiast! However; nowadays they're also known for high gold charm drop rates, and at only 48 summoning this definitely appealed to me! I got 2 clues that task, the first a mere 50k reward, the second reached 110k, so neither were spectacular, but at my current bank worth I take what I can get!

Another kalphite task would be up next so I decided to sell some stuff in my bank and buy a cannon! Somehow I scraped together ~1M and bought a cannon and some cannonballs and demolished the kalphite soldiers faster than the speed of light, well faster than before! The experience rate was like music to my ears, but I did know that my cannon would be used sparingly, probably only for kalphite and dagganoth tasks in the future.

Trolls were easy enough next, but I decided to melee them and closed in on 76 defence in the process, but no decent seed drops so nothing to note really.

And then for the 3rd time in 5 tasks I was set kalphites. After my last experience I was sort of excited, but the number of them, 160 iirc, means I'll probably need ~900 to 1000 cannonballs, which again will take the majority of my cash away from me, but it's all for the greater good so once I log on, I'll suck it up and get cannoning!

I should get 70 range today which means my next post will be full of pictures which this one lacked, despite levelling range from 63 to 67 yesterday!

Posted Image

null and void

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,515 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Saq Prets
  • Clan:Off-Topic
Come on dude, get on skilling! You ain't getting money otherwise. And nice to see that I have been made an example for someone :D
Posted Image

JAMjE
[ Display Name History ]

JAMjE

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 476 posts
The only skill that really makes me any decent money is farming though!
I tried fishing rocktails the other day and after one inventory I was bored of the hassle!
I'm considering camping hellhounds to get 80 range and try and make money from clues but the two things I had such luck with on my past accounts, barrows and clue scrolls, have been horrible to me thus far!
Maybe at 80 defence and magic I'll try DKing but we'll see!
I just applied for a job irl too which I hope I get, it's just some local motorbike shop, but if I get it it means scape will be less of a priority, however it also means I'll be too tired to go out after work so I'll probably be on just as much, and getting money in the process!

Posted Image

null and void

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,515 posts
Dude, start mining. ;)
Posted Image

JAMjE
[ Display Name History ]

JAMjE

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 476 posts
I'd be happy with half of your mining exp Prets, I just can't bring myself to click so much!!

Yesterday was probably one of the worst days scaping I've had since my return and I'll let you all know why...

I started off with a Kalphite task that included a snapdragon seed and effigy drop, so surely this was a sign of great things to come?

Next up I ventured to the slayer tower for a ~150k profit task of Aberrant Spectres, everything was going swimmingly!
I returned to Summona and she offered me a slayer challenge! I had to slay the Kalphite Queen. No problem I thought to myself, as I geared up and made my way to her lair, fully loaded and equipped in standard boss hunting gear! Little did I know this old boss still remains one of the hardest bosses in the game...
Half way through her first form I made a swift exit and returned to Summona to tell her the bad news, but this is where my day really got worse.

Summona was furious with my failure, and even refused to accept my challenge resignation, so I was a beaten man. I headed to Turael to get another task, completely ruining my 37 task run and really made me want to quit the game! (Yes over something this small!)

He assigned me 25 skeletons so I decided maybe my barrows luck was due a change...
10 runs later, with a 60 dry streak, I decided today just wasn't to be my day. I levelled constitution to this nice round level, and I also taught Starz how to barrow which was nice, considering I'm usually the person being taught things, it was nice being the teacher for a change!

Posted Image

Thankfully no combat levels were gained from that hitpoints level, and after the task I decided to rush through 5 tasks in order to get back onto point gaining tasks. I genuinely didn't know Turael's tasks didn't count so after 4 of his tasks, I switched to the Canifis slayer master, and after 4 horrible tasks, one of which was 40 dogs, which took far too long.... I was ready to crawl back to Summona and beg for forgiveness.

She didn't seem to happy to see me return so set me the not so exciting task of 123 greater demons, which I'll get started on when I log on today, and I'll be achieving 69 and eventually 70 range later tonight from this task and the next.

Yesterday truly was a low day for me in terms of scape, but a lovely day IRL has picked up my mood a bit, so hopefully the runescape gods will shine down on me too, as the sun has done all day!

Posted Image

null and void

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,515 posts
*looks at 120k mining xp gotten in last 3 hours*
Dude, what is this clicking you are talking about? I just click once and stay afk for a while...
Seriously, you can't be a skiller if you kill that much stuff ;)
And I told you, don't accept that Sumona challenge. But I got over my task without having to go to Turael...
Posted Image

JAMjE
[ Display Name History ]

JAMjE

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 476 posts
How do you mine, concentrated coal or something?
Compared to past accounts this account is much more of a skiller than I could've imagined possible!
Yeah I remember you saying, but I thought if I failed I could just like cancel it with her and carry on as normal!
I'm almost at 99 combat anyway so after that it'll be 100% skilling for ~200 levels, you'll have to teach me some tricks!

Yesterday I was out a lot, as you can tell by the late post last night, and only really played for about an hour or so, I completed my greater demon task then went off as far as I remember. Greater demons aren't too challenging, in the end I gave up trying to find a safespot and just prayed melee, using ~20k of prayer potions which I made back with a tooth half drop, but nothing else interesting happened besides achieving 69 range, so 70 range will definitely be gained today!
Oh wait I did go start a spiritual warrior task, which I'm finding even more boring than the greater demon task... How can a monster that requires 68 slayer not drop anything decent!? Ah well maybe I'll get a random dragon spear drop or something! I'll probably need to bank with about 20 warriors left which is going to be annoying, but here's hoping the next task is more drop friendly as my cash flow is really running dry! Oh and I'm meleeing these warriors so 70 range will have to wait until my next rangeable task!

P.S in case you were wondering my English Literature exam went really well today, I couldn't stop writing which is how I can tell I've done well, 27 pages in 2 hours 45 minutes isn't a bad return if you ask me!
Final maths exam tomorrow then I'm done!

Posted Image

null and void

GregorDGrim
[ Display Name History ]

GregorDGrim

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • RSN:GregorDGrim
Your leveling prowess is enviable.

Great job keeping the blog interesting - I especially enjoyed your comments about slayer tasks in the desert.

Also, particularly nice work with farming. Maybe that urge will strike me some time.

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,515 posts
I mine using whichever means possible.
PS: Concentrated coal is for noobs.
Posted Image

JAMjE
[ Display Name History ]

JAMjE

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 476 posts
Thanks Gregor, my levelling speed will certainly be plateauing sometime soon as I start to have to grind out levels! I should get back to farming soon, I've made a bit of money lately so there's nothing stopping me pushing for 80 now.

Yesterday, unlike the two days before, was a really good day for me, arguably the best since my return! It was quite a long day so this may end up being a long post, but there will be lots of nice pictures and it will certainly be worth reading!

I started the day wrapping up my spiritual warrior task, and despite no real drops for the first 80 or so kills, I was finally awarded a clue, and I decided to teleport out and complete the clue there and then. After wandering around Runescape and being forced to wield a mud pie, I got to the hard casket, and my face lit up when I saw this ~300k reward inside!

Posted Image

I must admit, I thought the mask was going to be worth more than 200k, but to be honest, that was my first decent clue worth over 200k in a long, long time. My cash pile more or less doubled after selling that reward. I went back and finished my spiritual warrior task, getting a ~100k clue in the process, but not before Blind Auror asked somebody to bring him 28 saradomin brews to Falador. And well, he said he'd pay, and pay he did, with a cool 500k over the top of the price I paid for the brews, so I was back into some decent money thanks to his generosity!

After finishing the spiritual warriors task with a nice rune kite drop, I returned to Summona who gave me the task of killing 80 grotworms. This time I finally decided to try out the much discussed mature grotworms. Armed with my level 69 range gear and a desire to reach 70, I flicked on protect from magic and slowly but surely began my task. I was told of the drops one can expect to receive from grotworms but I had no idea how profitable they really were, on my very first mature grotworm kill, I received this account's very first dragon item drop!

Posted Image

As the picture shows you, I forgot my bonecrusher, so I went and picked it up before powering through this task. Well I say powering... at 2050 lifepoints a pop these grotworms weren't a quick task, but they were certainly profitable with rune items being dropped left, right and centre! The bots weren't too much trouble because I was ranging and I was generally quicker than they were at clicking, I very rarely wasn't engaged in combat. Towards the end of the task, I knew it was coming, and a couple of days later than I'd planned I hit this milestone!

Posted Image

Finally black dragonhide was mine! I went on to complete a below average clue and then I alched what I could alch, and decided to do a tasty little price check to see how much I'd truly made from this task of a mere 80 grotworms...

Posted Image

That's right, a phenomenal 800k from 80 grotworms, that's 10k per worm! Although the idea of camping and ranging them does sound appealling to make some cash, I've never been a fan of non-slayer combat, so that probably won't happen any time soon, as I'm proud of my slayer:combat level ratio and don't want to ruin that!

The day only got better from there on out really! After that task I was given 59 iron dragons. Simple enough, I thought to myself, and after the first trip ended in me killing ~5 dragons and looting the bones from other people's kill, the 2nd trip proved much more fruitful, with a 527 yew log drop, and then this, my second dragon drop, the same day as the first!

Posted Image

I couldn't believe the luck I was having, but unfortunately that is where it ran out. Nothing bad particularly happened after that, but nothing much else to note. I finished up the task and sold my loot, bringing my cash pile above 2000k for the first time in a good 10 or so days, and considering I was down to 90k this morning, it was a very good day for me! Summona gave me a cave crawler task and I'm considering cannoning the larger ones in the smoke dungeon but I kind of like having cash, so we'll have to wait and see!

My maths exam is at 1:30 GMT today so I won't be coming online until like 5 or 6 because the exam finishes at 3 and I've made plans after, so depending how long they last will determine when I actually log on today, but at this rate it'll be another day of slayer!

Posted Image

null and void

GregorDGrim
[ Display Name History ]

GregorDGrim

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • RSN:GregorDGrim
Truly an awesome day! Great job with all of those drops. I'm going to have to check out those grotworms.

JAMjE
[ Display Name History ]

JAMjE

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 476 posts
It's gonna take a lot to top that day I think!

Yesterday was a pretty average day, I had my maths exam... but I won't go into that too much, let's just say it could've gone a lot, lot better! I didn't get online until about 4pm and then I only managed a few hours play because I was called out for a few hours later in the evening.

I started yesterday off gaining a magic level by buying and alching 1k rune arrows. I've decided I want 80 magic so I think if I just alch 1k arrows a day, I'll have it within a week or so. I've also bought 10k maple logs to start seriously fletching. I was really enjoying the Grand Exchange discussions, mainly because the majority of the runescape community really do lack what some would merely call common sense, or basic life skills...

Nevertheless, after achieving 76 magic I went on a fletching spree, gaining 5 levels, the only one of any real significance was this:

Posted Image

Still a ridiculously low level for such an easy skill, but I'll be at least 70 by the end of the week! Although, speaking of the end of the week, I think I only have like 3 more days of membership left!
After magic and fletching levels, I ventured off to the slayer dungeon to complete a tedious 150 cave crawler task, nothing too interesting to note, I might just go for the bigger ones in the smoke dungeon next time.
159 blue dragons were up next, and I really didn't fancy battling with all the bots there, so I once again tediously worked my way through the lesser form, the babies.
My prayers for a decent task were not answered, however 134 kalphites were quick and nice experience with my cannon, although I did spend 250k on cannonballs, so I'm back to just over one million gp!

Overall it'd been a mediocre day, nothing bad but nothing at all good coming from it, and very few levels. I returned from my kalphite task to be awarded a banshee task, so I'm debating whether or not to stock up on cannonballs for the smoky well dwellers, or whether to pray and melee them down there... or perhaps go for the easier option and kill them in the slayer tower... Either way I'm 2 tasks from learning to fletch broad bolts which will be good! It means I'll be able to fletch without banking, and it'll give me something to do whilst waiting for things, for example if I'm waiting for the last herb tick at the farming patches, I won't be wasting time!

That was about it for yesterday. I've got my end of year barbecue at school today but I should be back not too late, so I'll get 60 fletching, possibly 77 magic and maybe even a slayer and defence level too!

Posted Image

null and void

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,515 posts
Still slayering? Ewwwww.
Posted Image

JAMjE
[ Display Name History ]

JAMjE

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 476 posts
I haven't slayed in two days I'll have you know! Not that I've played too much these past two days...

Yesterday I logged on, only really got about an hour or so, won 250k from the squeal of fortune which was nice, then continued with my fletching drive. I gained another few levels, including this lovely level before heading off to school for a barbecue, then to a party from which I didn't return until 3am...

Posted Image

So as you can see, not a productive day at all yesterday! Today wasn't vastly better... I decided to take advantage of the x5 cash prizes on the SoF by doing as many short quests as possible, and I managed to complete 4 today, meaning I had 10 spins, although the best reward I got cash wise was 25k, and then a few lamps. I'll probably continue with questing tomorrow and then monday is going to be my last day of being a member! Well for a few days or so...

I don't plan on playing runescape much at university, if at all, so loyalty points really won't make much difference to me, especially such a small amount of them. I'd rather spend some time F2P at runespan and firemaking, which for me are more or less the same exp rates as P2P, so why would I waste my membership days doing them!? The same will probably happen with mining, magic (if I find anything to alch in F2P), and a few other F2P skills!

By the end of next week however I do plan on resubscribing and powering towards 60+ all skills and then to 1800 total!

Apologies for such a weak post considering it's got two days worth of news in it, but tomorrow I have nothing planned other than watching the England game at the pub which'll take away 3 hours of my day maximum, but the evening will be questing questing questing!

Posted Image

null and void

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,515 posts
So no more P2P for you?
Unlucky. You have less than half the total xp that I have. Start playing and reach up.
Posted Image

JAMjE
[ Display Name History ]

JAMjE

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 476 posts
Only for a few days Prets. Total experience is hardly something I concern myself with, if you read my posts you'd know I'd much rather enjoy playing than grinding out skills such as fletching/cooking/firemaking into the 90s. That being said, I expect to achieve ~1M exp in firemaking, runecrafting and cooking over the next few days just because there won't be too much else for me to do.

As Prets said, my subscription to the game ran out today, but before that, I'll fill you in on what I've been up to over the past couple of days.

Yesterday was pretty much a day dedicated to the shattered heart minigame. I skilled and I skilled, starting with crafting.

It took me far too long to get both crafting rocks, but as a result I got this level:

Posted Image

I tried my hand at charging the orbs I'd crafted, but I got a tad bored, so I decided to kill the bots around my level there instead which was quite fun, so I hopped a few worlds killing a few more and building my cosmic rune collection as I went!

I gained a couple of smithing levels next but none were worth showing, before I moved from Varrock to the humble village of Draynor to steal from the hardworking farmers there, but not just any farmers, these truly were the masters of their trade! After little time at all, I achieved this level, before going on to get a nice 250k torstol seed I went on to get both rocks fairly quickly.

Posted Image

Runespan decided to give me both rocks in seconds, and then I decided to repurchase my wicked robe bottom and wicked cape, meaning I'll need to get about 85-90 runecrafting just to get the robe top, but we'll see!
After turning in all my rocks, I went back to fletching and crafting and gained a couple of levels in each before logging out.

Today involved a bit more fletching and crafting, and just tidying up my bank before the inevitable Free-to-playness overtook my account for a few days, so I'm afraid my posts will be Free-to-play orientated so some of you may not find them quite as interesting as before, but I promise before the week is over I'll be back to showing my face in world 99 once more.

Posted Image

null and void

JAMjE
[ Display Name History ]

JAMjE

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 476 posts
Mini F2p Update~

So basically against the wishes of many of my fellow scapers I turned F2P on monday and so far I've actually gained almost 2 million experience, 1/3 of how much I earnt in an entire month as a member! Grinding skills isn't ideal but then there isn't too much else to do in F2P. Also with the help of Runescape's many new afkable skills, I'd hardly call it grinding!

I started off monday and most of tuesday firemaking. Achieving 80 from 76 wasn't going to be too difficult and I achieved the goal early on tuesday, however I was so afk I missed the picture!

After firemaking I ventured onto cooking and after a load of tuna took me from 65-74, I switched up to lobsters and as things stand I'm currently level 77 cooking, so 3 more of those levels will come today, before I think I'll return to the ol' runespan for 5 runecrafting levels. I'm hoping to achieving 80 cooking and then perhaps 76 or 77 runecrafting today, depending what else I do, and then I think tomorrow I'll get to 78/79, but I am quite busy these coming days! I've decided to hold off membership until next tuesday because I have two parties this weekend, and my prom on the monday, so it makes sense to me to wait.

After 80 runecrafting I might grind a bit of woodcutting, just a couple of levels from 68-70 on willows and then if I'm feeling really daring I'll truly grind some mining levels by powermining iron, but that's doubtful, I may just return to cooking or firemaking.

Things I've learnt whilst F2P? Not everyone in F2P is a 'noob'... although the majority are I'm afraid. That being said, there are probably an equal amount of idiots in both F2P and P2P, there just aren't as many intelligent people in F2P to dilute the idiots.
There are scammers in every grand exchange in F2P, and I've decided to stop trying to help. If people are stupid enough to believe money can be doubled then they deserve to be scammed. Hopefully they only get scammed a small amount and learn from it.
I've also learnt that playing fifa, pokemon, checking other websites whilst cooking/firemaking, makes the mundane task enjoyable, although obviously you lose some exp/hour as you're not constantly watching the screen, I still earnt over a million cooking experience alone yesterday!

I'm sorry for no pictures as of yet, I'll try and get one of 80 cooking later today!

Posted Image

null and void

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,515 posts
You only just started multitasking? That's what makes RS possible for years ;)
And powermining iron is nice and easy.
Posted Image

JAMjE
[ Display Name History ]

JAMjE

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 476 posts
That explains my low skills then!

Another small and undetailed update I'm afraid.

I reached 80 cooking on the day I planned, but the rest of my plans haven't gone according to well, plan. Say plan again?
I've been busy with real life stuff, mainly parties and girls, so I haven't been online too much, I'm currently 77 runecrafting, and as long as I get 78 and maybe 79 today, I'll grab 80 runecrafting tomorrow morning before prom.

On tuesday I'll be getting membership again so it'll probably be back to slayer for a while until I reach the brink of 100 combat, then it'll be back to skilling for ~100 or so levels.

Sorry for the past two pathetic updates, but my two groups of friends are both going away next week, and me being an idiot couldn't decide who to go with, so I'm not going with either... which means a lot of free time to scape!

Posted Image

null and void

JAMjE
[ Display Name History ]

JAMjE

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 476 posts
Ok so here is the first back-to-normal update from me.

Yesterday was the day after prom so I didn't wake up until pretty late and I was far too hungover to see straight, so my spanning experience was slow. When I was about 40k from level 80, I decided to subscribe because I thought I may as well get the strange rocks for runecrafting whilst getting level 80, so I did that, gained the level, missed the picture and left runespan! I won't be returning there for quite a while it's safe to say!

After leaving the span, I ventured to varrock, added some strange rocks to the even stranger statue plinth and head to the G.E.

I wasn't too sure what to do first, but after tears of guthix got me 51 agility, I decided to go and do the fire giant slayer task I'd been given just before my membership ran out. I completed it with ease, although it was fairly time consuming, and got a few decent drops in the process. After that task I had enough points to unlock the ability to fletch broad bolts and arrows, which I'm told is some of the fastest fletching experience in the game, which is always a bonus!

What happened after that fire giant task took about 3 hours and I achieved absolutely nothing, but I still found it quite funny regardless!

A few people in the hyt friend chat, Polarbearblu, Sheepsaurus and Verzick (I hope I remembered their names correctly) were talking about boss hunting, but they were all low levelled (lower than me!) so weren't feeling 100% confident. Somebody suggested Bandos GWD, something I'd never attempted myself, so we all decided to give it a go! After taking over an hour double and triple checking supplies, and we had to wait for Sheep to do part of death plateau just to even get there, we arrived. It took another 30 minutes for us to all get kill count to 40 but then we were finally ready! Or so we thought...

Little did we know, with Bandos being the easiest GWD, we were facing stiff competition to find empty worlds. We spent about 30 minutes hopping until we came across a world with one guy soloing, so we thought, hell we're going to have to crash... well how wrong we were!

We ran in and let the soloer tank all the hits, however all 4 of us were unable to outhit 1 of him on 5+ kills. Verzick then died, Sheep had to tele so it was just myself and polarbearblu. This soloer decided to play with us and started to hide from the spawns and made it so myself or polarbear were the ones under constant attack, something we really weren't ready for! I barely survived long enough to loot Verzick's grave before snapping my house teleport and leaving after what can only be described as the worst Bandos trip ever!

After that I took the trusty flying carpet to Pollnivneach to get a new slayer task, and 141 spiritual warriors didn't really appeal to me so that'll probably be put on hold whilst I skill some more today, and maybe try another boss!

Kalphite Queen (solo) = Epic Fail
Bandos GWD (team of 4 newbs) = Epic Fail
What next? Dagganoth Kings perhaps?

If anyone is willing to take my to Dagganoth Kings, I've been before and me and an old friend duoed the melee king, and it wasn't too stressful, so yeah if anyone would be so kind, or just take me along to any boss hunt, because my boss kill count is still at 0!

Posted Image

null and void

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users