Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Oldie Oddish \o/

Skilling Boss Hunting Endgame

• Please log in to reply
1469 replies to this topic

Low Levelled
[ Display Name History ]

Low Levelled

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,559 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
I've heard harpie bug swarms give a lot of level 2's.

Dankaz
[ Display Name History ]

Dankaz

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 0 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Dankaz DIY
Great progress there! :) Keep it up :thumbsup:
P.S. Nice quest points you got there :smile:

Oddish DIY
[ Display Name History ]

Oddish DIY

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • RSN:Oddlsh
  • RSN2:Oddish DIY
Continued from where I left off yesterday, which is medium clue hunting. Only THREE guards later, a medium clue dropped. On my first medium clue I got just the thing I needed, a yew shortbow. Adamant Crossbow will prove highly useful as well I would guess. I'm one lucky duck.
Posted Image

Then I headed off to Daemonheim to get a few cooking levels needed to make Chocolate Cake, which I needed for few things.

After that I continued my questing, doing three relatively easy quests. Then I ran out of quests, except for Contact! and Monkey Madness so I decided it was time to wreak some havoc at Ape Atoll. Honestly, this quest was alot easier than I remembered it to be... I thieved 50 ish cakes for it, ended up using less than 10. 70 Minutes later the Jungle Demon laid dead before my eyes and I gained the ability to use a Dragon Scimitar. 60 Attack is however required, and will now be my choice of combat style until I achieve it.

Posted Image

I was 1099 skill total after gaining multiple combat-related levels from the quest so I just caught 1 Polar Kebbit to gain a hunter level.

Now I have to get off, as I have a party to attend to. Will continue tomorrow unless I'm far too hungover :P

Levels: +33
Posted Image
Time Played: 5 days 11 hours
+3 Herblore
+3 Ranged
+4 Constitution
+5 Fletching
+2 Cooking
+1 Fishing
+1 Woodcutting
+2 Firemaking
+1 Dungeoneering
+2 Farming
+1 Strength
+3 Attack
+4 Defence
+1 Hunter

Quests: 221 QP

Temple of Ikov
A Tale of Two Cats
Enlightened Journey
Monkey Madness
Oddish_Diy.png
Oddish_Diy.png
Oddish_Diy.png

Oddish DIY
[ Display Name History ]

Oddish DIY

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 125 posts
Had a little more time to play and I decided to finish the last quest I had reqs for, Contact. Rather easy quest, killed the Giant Scarab boss with 11 Iban Blasts... That spell is so overpowered for only level 50 magic lol (max hit 250 I think?).
Got a thieving level from the quest, which is now 50.

Btw, is 75 woodcutting the only way to get magic logs? :(
Oddish_Diy.png
Oddish_Diy.png
Oddish_Diy.png

The Runar
[ Display Name History ]

The Runar

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,343 posts
  • RSN:The Runar
  • RSN '07:Old Runar

Btw, is 75 woodcutting the only way to get magic logs? :(

No, but it's by far the easiest way. You can try killing GWD bosses or get 80+ slayer and kill mutated jadinkos if you want though...

NZ_Dingo
[ Display Name History ]

NZ_Dingo

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • RSN:DIY Dingo
or hunting nature imps =]

Oddish DIY
[ Display Name History ]

Oddish DIY

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 125 posts
Bit too tired to post anything lengthy. Basicly just hunted some birds for 27 hunt, did Eagles' Peak. Then trained construction to 25, did rune mechanics. Then I did 2 floors of dunging and got 31 herblore for Eadgar's Ruse (Which I will do tomorrow).

Total Levels: +22

+12 Hunter
+1 Prayer
+1 Strength
+1 Runecrafting
+3 Construction
+1 Fishing
+1 Dungeoneering
+1 Herblore
+1 Attack

Quests Completed:

Eagles' Peak
Rune Mechanics
Oddish_Diy.png
Oddish_Diy.png
Oddish_Diy.png

Oddish DIY
[ Display Name History ]

Oddish DIY

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 125 posts
Got quite a lot of stuff done today. Started off by doing 3 floors of dungeoneering, gaining few levels in dung, fish, cook, woodcutting. (Slowly working towards bonecrusher).
Then I proceeded in training construction for few quests. Used up 120 Oak planks and 150 Teak planks, which got me 40 construction.

I figured it was about time to finish Heroes quest so I used fish pie and spicy stew to boost my levels for getting the lava eel. While I was getting spices from hellrats I decided to catch 100 rats there for the varrock task. Now I have a decent stock of spices if I ever need em for some reason.

Then I did Fremennik Isles, weird thing is the quest requirement for it is 56 woodcutting, but I did it at 54 without any kind of boosts :blink:
So now I have the Neitiznot Helm but I need 55 def to wear it, which I'll probably get after 60 attack.

Goal for tomorrow: Legend's Quest!

Levels: +60
Posted Image
Time Played: 6 days 7 hours
+9 Herblore
+2 Farming
+5 Agility
+3 Magic
+1 Ranged
+3 Prayer
+2 Fishing
+2 Woodcutting
+2 Cooking
+3 Dungeoneering
+1 Constitution
+1 Crafting
+2 Attack
+16 Construction
+2 Runecrafting
+2 Summoning
+2 Thieving
+2 Strength

Quests Completed

Eadgar's Ruse
My Arm's Big Adventure
Land of the Goblins
Heroes Quest
Fremennik Isles
Cold War
Missing My Mummy (100% restored)
Spirit of Summer
The Chosen Commander
Oddish_Diy.png
Oddish_Diy.png
Oddish_Diy.png

Oddish DIY
[ Display Name History ]

Oddish DIY

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 125 posts
I started the day off doing "a bit" of dungeoneering, gaining total of 26 levels in there. I wanted to get 59 Magic for Family Crest so I used all my spare cash to make cosmics, and when the floor was finished I just kept making Gatestones. Easy & cheap magic xp for DIY. As I ran out of high level floors I did the lower level ones in C2, while woodcutting and fishing all resources, then using the logs and fishes to train cooking & firemaking. Got a few random levels from solving puzzles as well as a attack level from clearing guardian rooms.

Family Crest was easier than I remembered. Chronozon died in around 15 seconds, was expecting it to be bit harder as he is level 170. As a reward I chose the cooking gauntlets which will come in handy when I start fishing food for slayer. All required quests for legends done now.

I was running out of cash so it felt like a good time to do some tasks. I was only 7 tasks short of 400 tasks done. I needed a skull sceptre for one task so I set out to get that. Got pretty lucky with the pieces, only had to kill 7 minotaur, 3 catoblepan, 3 ankou and maybe 40 flesh crawlers. So many bots at flesh crawlers it really got me annoyed though >.<
For my 400th task I needed to hunt some swamp lizards, and I decided i'd stay there bit longer to train up my hunter.

I got 15 Hunter levels (to 44) catching swamp lizards. I wanted to go do Falconry next as its quite decent exp, with good chance of getting strange rocks. But first I wanted some items.. so i set out to get the larupia hunter gear from feldip hills. After this I went to snare rabbits to make strung rabbit foot's. I gained 45 hunter from making 2 sets of larupia, and 10 strung rabbit foots. Next destination: Falconry!

By the time I was 47 hunter, which is the requirement for Orange Salamanders, I had got(gotten?) both of my strange rocks. Falconry is quite click & inventory heavy so I moved off to the desert to catch some sallys.

Trained at orange salamanders until 54. Hunter was also my 17th skill to 50. Then I realised I was only 1 woodcutting level away from being able to do As a First Resort quest. So I headed back to Daemonheim.

Did 5 floors of C2 dunging, gained 1 woodcut, 1 fishing, 2 cooking and 1 firemaking level.

Got kind of sidetracked from trying to get requirements for Legend's Quest... Oh well, tomorrow then :)

Time Played: 6 days 21 hours
Posted Image

Levels: +56

Quests Completed

Oddish_Diy.png
Oddish_Diy.png
Oddish_Diy.png

Oddish DIY
[ Display Name History ]

Oddish DIY

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 125 posts
This day started off with a small chain reaction. I wanted to do As a First Resort quest, but looking at the items required I noticed it requires 4 spears of any kind. I could of gone to kill monsters for them, but I think they are rather rare drop. My other option was to smith them, but that requires Tai Bwo Wannai quest, which in turn required a Raw Karambwan. It can be fished (65 fishing) or gained from hunting Gourmet Implings. I was nowhere close to the fishing requirement so I chose to hunt implings. But before I headed off to Puro-Puro I wanted to get 58 hunter, so I could catch Nature Implings for Magic Logs (Needed for Desert Treasure and Unlocking 1 balloon route and maybe some other stuff)

I trained 54-57 hunter at orange salamanders. I now had the requirement for dark kebbits whos fur can be exchanged for Gloves of Silence. I caught dark kebbits for the last hunter level. Got 81 pairs of gloves :) Those will be highly useful at master farmers later.

58-65 hunter with IMPLINGS! god damn that took forever. At some point I went 2 hours without a single magic log... I also realised the wiki entry for gourmet implings is wrong. They do NOT drop raw karambwans, only cooked. At 65 Hunt I was able to catch magpie implings which have really nice loot.

Important items I got from there:

- 12 Magic logs
- 3 Amulet of Power!!!!
- Rune Warhammer
- Mystic Gloves
- Adamant Kiteshield
- Blue Dragonhide Chaps
- Spiky Red Vambrace

Posted Image

Soon!
Posted Image

I wasnt quite done with hunter yet. I decided to go to red salamanders as I noticed there's a task in varrock that requires 69 hunter. I got 65-66 hunter, then it was time to call it a day.

Time Played: 7 days 9 hours
Posted Image
Levels (+12)

Quests:

Oddish_Diy.png
Oddish_Diy.png
Oddish_Diy.png

Vezon Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Vezon Dash

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,276 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Playing DIY seems like too much work for me.... Hell, I can barely play with the GE lol. Some nice accomplishments though. :thumbup:

Oddish DIY
[ Display Name History ]

Oddish DIY

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 125 posts

Playing DIY seems like too much work for me.... Hell, I can barely play with the GE lol. Some nice accomplishments though. :thumbup:

Thanks!

Sure it's alot work sometimes but at the same time it's way more satisfying when you actually achieve something.
Oddish_Diy.png
Oddish_Diy.png
Oddish_Diy.png

stevensda
[ Display Name History ]

stevensda

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 355 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:ranqecaravan
if you need cash mine a star each day, it gives 50k and some cosmics and astrals

not much but it all helps

Ranqecaravan.png

Oddish DIY
[ Display Name History ]

Oddish DIY

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 125 posts

if you need cash mine a star each day, it gives 50k and some cosmics and astrals

not much but it all helps

Hey thanks, I didn't even think of that myself. It sounds useful, especially since I hate training mining.
Oddish_Diy.png
Oddish_Diy.png
Oddish_Diy.png

Oddish DIY
[ Display Name History ]

Oddish DIY

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 125 posts
Update of the Day

First of all I'll have to apologize for quite lengthy update, but I like writing even about the smallest things. Keeps me from getting bored :) (Even though I hardly get any replies :()
I'll have most of stuff spoilered starting today and you can choose which parts to read.

Thumbs up or down for the sort of new format?

Tasking my way to riches and expees

Desert Treasure-ish (Since when can magic be called treasure?)

A Sort of Legend's Quest

First slayer task ever, Ice Warriors!

Gained levels (+23)

Quests

Oddish_Diy.png
Oddish_Diy.png
Oddish_Diy.png

Oddish DIY
[ Display Name History ]

Oddish DIY

Goblin Armour

• Members