29th May 2012 - QBD + Diamond Jubilee

Sylpheed

I don't think GWD bosses are supposed to have an AI... they're designed to be slugfests (but they have low lp).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Firstly, we would like to thank you for your patience and understanding.

Although we were able to accurately identify some of the accounts affected, the nature of the bug meant that much of the data required was absent or skewed - this meant that not all legitimate claims could be honoured and bogus submissions may have been incorrectly processed. As such, we have halted the investigation and can regrettably confirm that we will not be returning any lost items.

Again, we would like to deeply apologise to those that were affected; the outcome has come as an incredible disappointment to all involved. Well take away all that weve learned from this, and will do everything within our power to ensure that nothing of the sort happens again.

[qfc]15-16-773-63761737[/qfc]

Nothing more was expected. The end.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Hi,

Although we were able to accurately identify some of the accounts affected, the nature of the bug meant that much of the data required was absent or skewed - this meant that not all legitimate claims could be honoured and bogus submissions may have been incorrectly processed. As such, we have halted the investigation and can regrettably confirm that we will not be returning any lost items.

Again, we would like to deeply apologise to those that were affected; the outcome has come as an incredible disappointment to all involved. We'll take away all that we've learned from this, and will do everything within our power to ensure that nothing of the sort happens again.

I used to think that Jagex had a good LoC to bugs ratio in their code, since few breaking bugs ever showed up in their game. However, when it comes to their own investigation tools, it's like watching a freshman Java programmer struggle creating an array.

This is pretty embarrassing for their QA team.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Hi,

Again, we would like to deeply apologise to those that were affected; the outcome has come as an incredible disappointment to all involved. Well take away all that weve learned from this, and will do everything within our power to ensure that nothing of the sort happens again.

Didn't exactly the same thing also happen with Branches of Darkmeyer? So many people dying at Vanstrom that some gravestones didn't show up?

Byzantus.png

Didn't exactly the same thing also happen with Branches of Darkmeyer? So many people dying at Vanstrom that some gravestones didn't show up?

The issue with BOD and ROTM was that so many graves stacked on the same location, so even if items were under the graves (which they weren't because of some overflow), you still wouldn't be able scroll through the menu and pick them up :P

Those that did manage to finally get to their grave pile would find barely any of their items underneath, thanks to said bug.

Recently this year, they claimed in their patch notes that they had "fixed" this issue, which caused items to disappear if too many of them were added to the same map tile (this could be used in dungeons to delete the gt, for example).

So that's what caught a lot of people by surprise I guess, Jagex believing that they'd rectified this issue (and even spreading out the graves over a large area), but due to whatever unforeseen circumstance this overflow reared its head again and wiped out those gravestoned items.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Hi,

Again, we would like to deeply apologise to those that were affected; the outcome has come as an incredible disappointment to all involved. We'll take away all that we've learned from this, and will do everything within our power to ensure that nothing of the sort happens again.

I used to think that Jagex had a good LoC to bugs ratio in their code, since few breaking bugs ever showed up in their game. However, when it comes to their own investigation tools, it's like watching a freshman Java programmer struggle creating an array.

An idiot must have designed the grave system. So many flaws. Not with the increased time t oget back. With the whole way of how they work.

Like I said, Blizzard has much better CS and QA then Jagex, and it shows.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Hi,

An idiot must have designed the grave system. So many flaws. Not with the increased time t oget back. With the whole way of how they work.

I wouldn't say Blizzard QA is necessarily better, they just have it easier for two very big reasons:

1) Much bigger budget means larger team and more variety of systems to test on.

2) High system reqs means a smaller field of hardware to get stuff working on.

It's easier to spot more bugs early on when you have less possible hardware combinations and a bigger team with more variety of systems in house.

It be kind of like saying supermarket employees at one of them massive hundreds of staff stores are better at their job just because there is more products and more tills in the store compared to a small local store with 1 or 2 employees.

So yeah they certainly achieve better results, but thats not the same as having a better team because there is a huge disparity between how much QA can be done and the potential for hardware related bugs between the two companies so that Blizzard has a bigger team doing an easier job.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Bigger budget = better in this case :P. You can buy quality QA up to a point.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

You'd think that with all the new revenue they are gaining from Squealscape they would be able to afford a better QA team. Guess it just shows our money is going right into the pockets of the venture capitalists and not invested in improving the game further.

patr1ckotg1.png

You'd think that with all the new revenue they are gaining from Squealscape they would be able to afford a better QA team. Guess it just shows our money is going right into the pockets of the venture capitalists and not invested in improving the game further.

I think making money counts as game improvement for these people. :rolleyes:

Can we make a time machine and go back to the day insight heard about Jagex, and say no?

Anyone?

:(

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I think making money counts as game improvement for these people. :rolleyes:

Can we make a time machine and go back to the day insight heard about Jagex, and say no?

Anyone?

If only :angry: My how this game would be different.

patr1ckotg1.png

Anyone?

If only :angry: My how this game would be different.

Considering how much money Insight has pumped into Jagex, it would be very different indeed.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Considering how much money Insight has pumped into Jagex, it would be very different indeed.

If Alexa is to be believed (Since people loved quoting it in regards to the game's decline and assuming I'm reading it right), IVP's thing is working. So we'd have a choice between a dead game that we used to like and a living game that we used to like. Either way, we'll complain about how everything sucks compared to the "good old days" :razz:

Hi,

Jagex does a better job then you know, and a worse job the you can imagine.

They do have investigation tools for the real bugs that appear. However they only look out for abusers not victims in their automated systems. Also they have been capable of patching major bugs for a while but choose not to for whatever reason.

The grave flaw in this case is caused by too many items in one location causes the ones on the bottom to delete. Its a flaw written deep into their game engine and not just part of graves although graves are horribly written and have a number of problems directly associated with them.

If Alexa is to be believed (Since people loved quoting it in regards to the game's decline and assuming I'm reading it right), IVP's thing is working. So we'd have a choice between a dead game that we used to like and a living game that we used to like. Either way, we'll complain about how everything sucks compared to the "good old days" :razz:

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/runescape.com shows a significant rise in reach after a massive decline.

Guess we're going to have to settle for the lesser of two evils.

They do have investigation tools for the real bugs that appear. However they only look out for abusers not victims in their automated systems. Also they have been capable of patching major bugs for a while but choose not to for whatever reason.

The grave flaw in this case is caused by too many items in one location causes the ones on the bottom to delete. Its a flaw written deep into their game engine and not just part of graves although graves are horribly written and have a number of problems directly associated with them.

Person 1: Why did I get banned?

Jagex: For scamming another player out of his party hat.

Person 2: Can I get my party hat back?

Jagex: No. We have no way of telling if it was stolen.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Person 1: Why did I get banned?

Jagex: For scamming another player out of his party hat.

Person 2: Can I get my party hat back?

Jagex: No. We have no way of telling if it was stolen.

Jagex logic ftw

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword