Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Do you respect Jagex?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you respect Jagex? (63 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you respect Jagex?

1. Yes (16 votes [25.40%])

Percentage of vote: 25.40%

2. No (25 votes [39.68%])

Percentage of vote: 39.68%

3. Inbetween of above^ (22 votes [34.92%])

Percentage of vote: 34.92%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Kaur
[ Display Name History ]

Kaur

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • Clan:RSD

Yes. I understand why they make these descisions, "good" or "bad". While I may not agree with all of them, I still understand their strategies and I respect them.

Pretty much this. :thumbup:

RS_Completed
[ Display Name History ]

RS_Completed

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:RsComplete
  • RSN2:RS Completed
I have to say yes, Spent over 7 years on their game and have no intention of quitting anytime soon.
Posted Image

Randox
[ Display Name History ]

Randox

The Consultant

• Administrators
  • 6,603 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Randox
  • Clan:All Friendly
I guess it would depend on what 'Jagex' is.

As a gaming company, they have moved away from providing an epic game to milking it. While I can't blame them for wanting to make as much money as possible, as a player, I have to wish they wouldn't.

I respect them least in their ability to communicate with players, in a clear and timely fashion. For all their talk about trying to move away from this, they are still a very secretive company. They also lie to their players, and I can't accept that.

But if you talk to some of the people they have working for them, some of them are really awesome people who are really into games. One mod in particular I have gotten a few chances to talk to (with other people) for extended periods of time as they did their other work, and I really respect them, and the other people who work for Jagex who are like them. I even once got a glimmer of what a jmod was really thinking, contrary to the line towed by the company which was kind of neat.

So while I don't really respect the company, I do respect a great many of the people who work for it.

b6brc9.jpg

Bxpprod
[ Display Name History ]

Bxpprod

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,777 posts
  • RSN:Bxpprod
They're a business. To my knowledge, they don't do anything extraordinary (building hospitals in Africa, blah blah blah) and just simply make money for their shareholders. Why would this garner my respect?

tl;dr Nope.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Assume Nothing
[ Display Name History ]

Assume Nothing

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,191 posts
They could be deemed respectable for their efforts in creating an enjoyable game. - it almost sounds as though I'm describing them 5 years ago. I'd guess it's a respect I once had, not have.

daytime
[ Display Name History ]

daytime

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 0 posts
I'm not sure if I do or don't, or I'm not taking sides because I don't want to feel like being wrong about something. I think in terms of making a great game they're okay in my book. But a company should be one that is responsible for it's actions. So I guess the question I'm asking myself is if I really consider Jagex a major legitimate company. The simple answer I'd say is they're an unprofessional face, but business is about people; and not just about the ghost of an idea we call business. So no, I don't respect them as a company. But as people, they're individuals who have a lot of communication issues and need to see a relationship therapist. xD
Does the sun really go down?

Dazzuh
[ Display Name History ]

Dazzuh

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,447 posts
  • RSN:Dazzuh
  • RSN2:Nub Hybrid
I applaud them for making a game that has kept me, well... On-and-off hooked for almost 8 years. I don't respect them though, too many things they have said and gone back on. I can't respect what I don't trust

Currently not active on RuneScape.

dazzuhsiggyfinal.png

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts
I respect Jagex, I don't respect IVP.
[/thread]

Platinum_Myr
[ Display Name History ]

Platinum_Myr

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  • RSN:Serena Sedai
  • RSN2:Fyora Serena
  • Clan:The Knighted Angels
I respect a lot of their employers, but I don't respect their current upper management who is seemingly intent on continuing to move the game in the wrong direction despite development continually moving in the right one. (The real updates are actually quite good, but I could do with fewer SoF stuff)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

W92 Mark PvB
[ Display Name History ]

W92 Mark PvB

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • RSN:W92 Mark PvB
Jagex themselves I can respect however the involvement of IVP has degraded them and forced jagex employees to change their stances...
Posted Image

Den
[ Display Name History ]

Den

Movie Director

• Members
  • 8,257 posts
  • RSN:Rainy
Do I respect Jagex? Yes
Do I respect what they have become? No.

Ruinous Edge
[ Display Name History ]

Ruinous Edge

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
If, and that's a big if, they bring back ftp high scores they will earn back a little respect from me, although there reasoning for removing ftp high scores in the first place is pitiful.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

Posted Image

http://www.transformersuniverse.com

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users