Top Posters In This Topic

That actually looks good. :blink:

Edit: seen whole video: [Harpy]ing AMAZINGGGGG

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I like it. Super pumped for the beta now :thumbup:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

:(

Really not a fan of this update, by the looks of what we've been told and that video. It just seems more annoying than convenient. But I hope the beta will prove me wrong.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Looks like they basically gathered moves from several other mmos, which is not a bad thing, I'm actually glad they added dashes and aoe abilities. It will be another great while since we see rs being more wasd based, but that's too much to ask for. From all the mmos I've played, I think the one they look more alike right now is requiem.

The warrior abilites set is like a mix of sro warrior + requiem zerker & warlord + b&s destroyer. Mostly because of the 3 swings move that you do with 2h weapons, plus the whole rage, daredevil & hit the ground aoes.

Sorta like this:

The ranger abilities set looks almost exactly like requiem's rangers and avengers, I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure I saw that ranger lay explosive traps.

The mage abilities set makes it almost identical to requiem's druids / pretty much any shapeshifter class on any other mmo. I'm 100% sure they will work like this: each shape got inmunity to one feature, but is completely weak to another. For example, how much you wanna bet that earth shape is inmune to stuns, but weak to water-related attacks, water will prob be inmune to poison, but weak to crush attacks, and so on...

tumblr_m6mcuojTED1qlz68ro1_500.gif

Liking the look and sound of a lot of that interesting mentions of a lot of bleed effects (he's on fire again etc.) and aoe attacks. Plus it certainly looks a whole lot more dynamic.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The combat looks great but I am starting to worry about some of the game-changing effects it may have on some of my current gear and weapons. :unsure:

And what are they going to do with Ancients and Lunar Magic? Are they going to join all the Mage Books together?

nyuseg.png

What does AoE mean?

Area of Effect.

Eg red chins, barrage spells etc.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I think for me, this biggest thing is how this will translate to pvm.

Will bossing suddenly become way easier? Way harder?

What about dungeoneering? Will this let mage and range become a viable choice as your primary combat class? Will weapon varieties be introduced to binds, or will it simply switch the "best" bind to a different weapon?

What about dungeoneering? Will this let mage and range become a viable choice as your primary combat class? Will weapon varieties be introduced to binds, or will it simply switch the "best" bind to a different weapon?

I didn't even think about the implications it would have on Dungeoneering. I wonder if it will have some kind of specific action bar different to the rest of the game.

Sylpheed.png

I didn't even think about the implications it would have on Dungeoneering. I wonder if it will have some kind of specific action bar different to the rest of the game.

Should it? Yes

Will it? Doubtful (I'm not even sure the stuff will work in dungeons at all....)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I like it but it doesnt seem /that/ different to our current combat 'system'. You click and probably abit more clicking involved if you had to activate any of that special move things. However it seems pretty much click and wait as usual. (That is a good thing.) I think they made it sound more complicated than it seems from my impression.

So I am a bit relieved. Its essentially special move update as they add a bunch of special abilities or something like that. Looks like it might help balance the triangle and such.

I hope it isnt too annoying/inconvenient to activate all these special things. However I suppose its not such a bad thing if actively doing that gives more damage/xp per hour than if you dont.

I still want to experience pvm and how thats changed. How the monsters act especially. I dont play runescape for 'advance' combat but rather because of how it currently functions is quite a good alternate to other games. (I play both though and runescape is a nice alternate style.)

I like it but it doesnt seem /that/ different to our current combat 'system'. You click and probably abit more clicking involved if you had to activate any of that special move things. However it seems pretty much click and wait as usual. (That is a good thing.) I think they made it sound more complicated than it seems from my impression.

So I am a bit relieved. Its essentially special move update as they add a bunch of special abilities or something like that. Looks like it might help balance the triangle and such.

I hope it isnt too annoying/inconvenient to activate all these special things. However I suppose its not such a bad thing if actively doing that gives more damage/xp per hour than if you dont.

I think that a lot of the balancing will come from the fact that literally every item is going to have its stats reworked

Hard to tell how the special abilities will play out though, stuff like those stunning abilities that Jagex demonstrated for mages will have to be tested by players and worked into the metagame before we see what effect it has

Looks pretty good. RuneScape has come a long way since this...

RunescapeClassicPking.jpg

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

at 4:50 it says entangle holds monsters for 40 seconds and players for 20 seconds.

meh, like I said I wish they'd just get rid of the combat triangle... it's impossible to make combat balanced when it's basically a complicated version of rock paper scissors. It'd be muuuuuuch better if it was like in starcraft where you could still have 3 different styles (like the zerg, protoss, or terran), but none of them have a distinct advantage over another.

the grid system also really limits RS's combat capabilities.

77yLQy8.png