Combat rework - on video!

Kaur

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ultimate reminds me of LoL maybe i'll even get to hotfix it to the LoL button as well.

Thievingcapesigcopy.png

Jeffery.png

180th to 99 Divination + 1st W36er

Rambo, cannot pk call your friends bro :). Wait nevermind none of SAPK/PKS can. Kappa.

I think this update might actually get me back into runescape and i cannot wait for beta to start :D

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gag0.png[/hide]

I am strangely optimistic. The new combat looks promising, hoping thats its cooldown based and they get rid of special attack energy and rework spec restores to be a cooldown time reduction.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

I just hope it won't be too dynamic, requiring tons and tons of clicking to win because I'm not good with that stuff and I have quite a bit of latency on my end.

All the stuff they have released has said you CAN still click and wait, but you get better dps and xp by using the dynamic moves etc.

I should think the only places where click and wait might be impossible will be a few bosses, but even then probably only apply topost-update releases and not current ones.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I just hope it won't be too dynamic, requiring tons and tons of clicking to win because I'm not good with that stuff and I have quite a bit of latency on my end.

All the stuff they have released has said you CAN still click and wait, but you get better dps and xp by using the dynamic moves etc.

I should think the only places where click and wait might be impossible will be a few bosses, but even then probably only apply topost-update releases and not current ones.

Hmmm, yes, I can see that happening. They did mention that there will still be an autoattack in place, and I doubt they'll revamp enemy AI to force you into using the abilities.

crossed_body.png

The abilities look awesome graphics-wise, I'm more interested though in whether all those damage numbers were realistic. I'd like to see a video of a real fight between two human players using these abilities against each other.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

My only complaint at the moment is that I think they said something about nuking special abilities out of existance. While I could care less about losing most of them, I did value specs like the BGS being able to destroy a bosses defence level, or excalibers ability to seriously compliment your secondary healing options (anything that isn't a consumable to regain health).

My other concern, though I will hold judgement until I see the beta, is that this is less a new combat system, and more a whole bunch of special moves with countdown timers on them. At the end of the day, its still just a random number generator, except now they've made it less afkable (which is actually a plus for me. I dislike afk training as a matter of principle).

That said, I am looking forward to being able to get into the beta and see what they actually did.

The part I am looking forward to seeing is how the balence out the combat triangle, since I always thought that was the the real issue anyway (not the combat system mechanics themselves). And how they plan on making it so that can add more awesome gear, and what stuff they added that was 'missing' (I smell bandos helm and gloves).

The best part is, I am already maxed melee, and with two more ranged levels I will never be required to engage in combat again if I don't want to (I still plan on some boss hunting though, and quests). I'm guessing they might have made ranged even more effective, which will help me, and after I get my two levels, I don't care anymore. If I like it, maybe I'll get into slayer and keep on fighting. If I don't, well there are plenty of other skills. I can't really lose :thumbsup:

I noticed Entangle only requires 3 nature runes in the preview. Are they lowering the rune usage of spells to make it more cost efficient?

That as well as possibly making mages risk less in the form of runes.

My only complaint at the moment is that I think they said something about nuking special abilities out of existance. While I could care less about losing most of them, I did value specs like the BGS being able to destroy a bosses defence level, or excalibers ability to seriously compliment your secondary healing options (anything that isn't a consumable to regain health).

My other concern, though I will hold judgement until I see the beta, is that this is less a new combat system, and more a whole bunch of special moves with countdown timers on them. At the end of the day, its still just a random number generator, except now they've made it less afkable (which is actually a plus for me. I dislike afk training as a matter of principle).

Firstly - They are NOT nuking specials out of existence they are removing them from specific weapons but all the ones players find useful are being reincarnated as abilities. One they specifically mentioned so far was Flurry being the current D claw spec and only being usable on smaller weapons. They also mentioned quests etc. being able to unlock these so presumably the EE ones will replace EE in seers tasks and Flurry will be a reward for WGS.

Secondly - Thats because visually all they can show us without HUUUUUGGGE spoilers for these early videos is the new graphical stuff. There are several other things happening they have mentioned.

1) Combat formula changes so you can't hide your power (eg no more low level str pures)

2) All armour and weapon stats being redone with offensive boosts all on weps and def boosts on armour only - this also has mentions of triangle rebalance eg mage armour will have epic melee def, good mage def and appalling range def. They also vaguely referenced hybridding being tricky so it's possible armours will carry big negative attack bonuses for their off class eg. range armour having big negatives to crush, slash, stab attack so you can't run around in black d-hide to avoid mages but still have the melee offensive power in your whip or w/e to pwn easily.

3) All armours supplying LP boosts (like torva etc) to allow more damage output

4) Balance equipment at any given level so (for example) all dragon weapons have similar DPS via slow weps hitting harder etc. So that they are all viable choices for various purposes

5) 'Complete' armouring properly - They mention filling out the gaping holes in mage armour variety and giving melee world sets official gloves and boots (akin to dg)

6) Action bar will be able to have nearly anything assigned to it, including skilling stuff. So alongside these actions you can have food, potions, quick-prayers, weapon swaps, teles etc. And can make use of it in ways for skilling as well.

7) They've hinted to at least 3 or 4 'big features' they haven't detailed yet eg the elemental forms they have said are something cool to be explained later, they have said special attack and everything related to restoring it will be repurposed for something they haven't told us yet etc.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I am willing to bet that each form will have defensive traits geared to specific styles. Maybe water form will be stun resistant. Fire form will have an offensive AOE damage effect. Earth might just have all around defense boost. Air might offer higher hit evasion.

As silly and small as these elemental forms may seem it actually really peaks my interest to see where they are going with them.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

That is my concern actually, I don't want to miss out on content simply because I can't click well or have lag. Hopefully the beta (and the update) is user-friendly.

Mage and Range Turmoil Equivalents confirmed!

Ranged is called Anguish apparently, and Mage is called Torment, both unlock at 95.

[qfc]296-297-79-63769231[/qfc]

:thumbsup:@@@@@@@

Now I know not to get rigour. :lol:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Mage and Range Turmoil Equivalents confirmed!

Ranged is called Anguish apparently, and Mage is called Torment, both unlock at 95.

[qfc]296-297-79-63769231[/qfc]

:thumbsup:@@@@@@@

Now I know not to get rigour. :lol:

Still a comp cape requirement, so...