Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Fish Mask. The Next Rare?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Poll: Fish Mask. Rare of Flop. (52 member(s) have cast votes)

Will the fish mask be a worthwhile rare?

1. Worthless. Sell them all. (13 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. Worth GE price. No more, no less. (10 votes [19.23%])

Percentage of vote: 19.23%

3. It's worth a shot. Keep a couple. (20 votes [38.46%])

Percentage of vote: 38.46%

4. It is rare. Get them while you can. (9 votes [17.31%])

Percentage of vote: 17.31%

5. I sold everything I had to buy 1. It will be worth billions. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

YodelingDoodle
[ Display Name History ]

YodelingDoodle

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
I doubt Runescape will be around long enough for this mask to become "rare"

Blaze The Movie Fan
[ Display Name History ]

Blaze The Movie Fan

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,375 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:blazemovifan
I'm waiting until at least December until I sell my mask.

By then this item should be worth at least 10m.

Omali
[ Display Name History ]

Omali

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,429 posts
  • RSN:mtomali

I doubt Runescape will be around long enough for this mask to become "rare"

People have been calling for RuneScape's death since 2004. You're always wrong.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

Why? Jagex said that the plan is to introduce more rares into the economy. There will likely be more items introduced into Squeal of Fortune or other methods, but they are probably just as likely to re-introduce phats and eggs than they are bringing back fish masks.

Not even through another event promotion? I'm thinking of something like the membership packs they sold at that event a few weeks ago where you could get all of the game card items. Maybe something like that at Runefest, or as a prize like they did with the golden scythe. They could do the same with any future discontinued items, as well, and it would still limit the amount of them that there are.

NukeMarine
[ Display Name History ]

NukeMarine

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,300 posts
  • RSN:Nukemarine
I'm certain that the odds of getting a fish mask are 1:100 at the moment (first week uncommon) though I'll post the more official tally tonight. When it moves to the rare slot, the odds likely will be 1:7500 if the ratio is kept. With that, you just have to make a big assumption of how spins are done daily. I think 2 million spins a day on average is a conservative number. Assuming that, there'll be about 200,000 fish masks by the end of summer with the majority coming out this week. Assuming 1.5 mill member accounts and 500k legit f2p accounts makes for 1 mask for every 10 players.

People are selling them low right now, but this week the supply starts to dribble out. I do not doubt that the item's value starts to go up after that. Might be a worthwhile investment. As there's a 250k gp alc value, at least losses will be limited.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

hatebringer
[ Display Name History ]

hatebringer

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,555 posts
  • RSN:Rage Forever
I can see a few smart merchants buying them all up once they stop being on the wheel and bottlenecking the supply therefore possibly increasing demand and prices, if they keep a good majority from the public marker I could see people buying them 10m+ but that would still require a ton of initial buyers and money to monopolize the market
99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength
Gamertag: H8tebringer

Posted Image

Blaze The Movie Fan
[ Display Name History ]

Blaze The Movie Fan

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,375 posts
  • RSN:blazemovifan
I just assumed it will be worth at least 10m by December, but I could be wrong.

I wanna ask everyone else, when do you guys think it will be worth 10m?

C Hathcook
[ Display Name History ]

C Hathcook

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:C Hathcook
With all the updates between now and December and depending on market trends... I hope so.

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,090 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
It seems likely that it will bubble up once people realize that the Fish Mask is no longer on the Uncommon slots, i.e. when they get tomorrow's spins. There are plenty of people who don't quite keep up with every detail of the news.
"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users