Dragon Claws: Grand Exchange

Merch

Dragon Claws  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What is Dragon Claws Price staying at?

• Are Dragon Claws going to keep dropping?
    • Are Dragon Claws going to stay what its at?
    • Are Dragon Claws going to Go back up to around 12m?
    • Are Dragon Claws going to fly past 12m?

Well seeing as Jagex said they're removing the claws special and making it an ability for smaller weapons, it will be hard to tell to after beta release, just depends how well Jagex re-balance them I suppose.

Edit: took this info from runescape wikia about specials on weapons;

'More recently, with the introduction and further information of the Combat beta, Dragon claws have started to crash heavily due to Mod Rathe confirming the loss of special attacks on all weapons in-game, thus making the dragon claws virtually useless, putting it at its current street price of about 8 million GP. This could also be due to the new abilities making weapons in-game losing their individuality, which made their price so high to begin with. Another notable victim of the future updates are the Godswords.'

Edit2: confirmation that weapons that rely on special attacks now being re-balanced

'According to Mod Rathe, the infamous special attack of the dragon claws is now being reworked in to an ability called "Flurry", which could be used by a range of "small" weapons. Some players are worried that this would cause further price crashes, but Jagex has also mentioned that weapons that are relied on for their special attack would have improved stats.'

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

I'd say they are going to continue to plummet.

They are only valuable because they are a spec weapon.

In new combat they lose this and whilst jagex says weapons losing specs will be bolstered stat-wise they also sad all weapons in the same tier will have similar dps eg dragon weapons will all have matching dps outputs. So even if d claws get better stats it would imply the same would be true of all d weps.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I'd say they are going to continue to plummet.

They are only valuable because they are a spec weapon.

In new combat they lose this and whilst jagex says weapons losing specs will be bolstered stat-wise they also sad all weapons in the same tier will have similar dps eg dragon weapons will all have matching dps outputs. So even if d claws get better stats it would imply the same would be true of all d weps.

Ahh I must have missed the part about all weapons in a similar tier getting similar dps. claws will plummet even more then i'm guessing.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

Claws gonna suck. BGS may be worth buying for pvp use (As i understand it, it has the highest requirements other than chaotics, and is currently the most powerful none spec weapon)

I'm kinda shocked they're removing weapon specials, they really were what made most weapons even worth acknowledging. Now it's going to be "this weapon has best dps, this weapon has best ko potential" EVERYTHING ELSE IS ALCH PRICE

CNqWHdA.jpg

Claws gonna suck. BGS may be worth buying for pvp use (As i understand it, it has the highest requirements other than chaotics, and is currently the most powerful none spec weapon)

I'm kinda shocked they're removing weapon specials, they really were what made most weapons even worth acknowledging. Now it's going to be "this weapon has best dps, this weapon has best ko potential" EVERYTHING ELSE IS ALCH PRICE

Not really true, if they are making all weapons in a tier have equal dps through various speed vs max hit vs accuracy trade offs it'll actually make more weapons useful, particularly below the top end of chaotics, as using a d mace will yield same dps as a d dagger but would be better at crush attacks etc. and with talk of them making defence more important and abilities specific to big and small weps theres plenty to consider there in terms of variety in weapon choice.

Also singling out BGS = fail. All gs are gonna be equal stats with hilts being cosmetic only as again specials go bye bye.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

What if claws are reborn as the best light weapon to use Flurry with?

They'd have to be pretty significantly better to beat dagger with dragon defender.

It also seems like flurry is a "don't freak out!" tool and will be worse than the godswords or chaotic abilities.

I'm personally interested to see how they will handle dharoks, i can't imagine it ever NOT being overpowered unless they simply remove it's current mechanic, which would be terrible.

Not really true, if they are making all weapons in a tier have equal dps through various speed vs max hit vs accuracy trade offs it'll actually make more weapons useful, particularly below the top end of chaotics, as using a d mace will yield same dps as a d dagger but would be better at crush attacks etc. and with talk of them making defence more important and abilities specific to big and small weps theres plenty to consider there in terms of variety in weapon choice.

Also singling out BGS = fail. All gs are gonna be equal stats with hilts being cosmetic only as again specials go bye bye.

To make a slow weapon same dps as a fast weapon is to give the slow weapon an absolutely enormous max hit, meaning it's overpowered for KO power in pvp, thus impossible to do without ruining the game.

Singled out BGS as it's currently the cheapest hilt and you need one to use the godsword. Derp.

CNqWHdA.jpg

I believe I read something about barrows set effects remaining.

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

They'd have to be pretty significantly better to beat dagger with dragon defender.

It also seems like flurry is a "don't freak out!" tool and will be worse than the godswords or chaotic abilities.

If Flurry is anything like the current Puncture/Slice and Dice specials (multihit) then if claws have a higher strength rating than dagger + defender, wouldn't they be better to use?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

All items will continue dropping due to not getting deleted on death in pvp anymore. Everyday new claws are added to the game.

Most people are able to get the 1 set of claws they need without being crowded out by pkers.

They will be compensated in some way... They have to be as they are a rare drop from TD's. They can completely remove the use of the dragon claw special without replacing it with something else due to the sole fact that TD's will become pointless. Jagex don't like to waste content that they have already come up with... I hope they are compensated some how as they are a really cool weapon.

Zigglestrout.png

Matty_Bee.png

If Flurry is anything like the current Puncture/Slice and Dice specials (multihit) then if claws have a higher strength rating than dagger + defender, wouldn't they be better to use?

Yeah forget what i said, i thought the strength difference was much tighter (56 vs 40)

Claws will be the best flurry, but again, i don't think flurry will be the best spec anymore, with chaotics in line to get them and the rapid attacking 2h abilities shown in the video.

CNqWHdA.jpg

To make a slow weapon same dps as a fast weapon is to give the slow weapon an absolutely enormous max hit, meaning it's overpowered for KO power in pvp, thus impossible to do without ruining the game.

Singled out BGS as it's currently the cheapest hilt and you need one to use the godsword. Derp.

But that is EXACTLY what they have confirmed they are doing. It's not speculation they have categorically said ALL weapons within the same 'tier' (eg metal type, level reqs etc.) WILL have the same/similar dps by slow weapons hitting much harder.

And no it will not ruin the game because they are also making defence have greater effect and giving ALL armour lp boosts (like torva etc have atm) with the max lp moving up to like 4000.

Also speculating anything on current stat differences = utterly pointless since we know all items are having their stats entirely redone as part of the combat change, also it is entirely possible that what abilities hit (eg Flurry) is entirely independent of equipment stats and depend soleyl on your levels.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

This sucks? Now no one can rush or do any skills to kill people in PvP. The graphics now this? :shame:

Are you saying that rushing is a good thing?

Did you not get the memo?

Slogging it out in an epic and challenging battle where you have to adapt on the fly to best your opponent for loot is like totally noob and no fun at all because like it takes time to learn and you could like lose stuff.

'Real' pkers invest in 1 hit ko spec weps then lurk around for someone with virtually no armour on that they can rush and drop for quick geepees, even if half the time it turns out they had nothing on them cause they were doing agility or a clue or something because it is soooo much more fun. Kind like how you get that epic win feeling and can scream about how you totally own when you lurk in multi with your 100 clan mates and then 'totally pwn' some unarmoured person wandering by looking for a penguin cause you know nothing says ownage more than 100 fully armoured players managing to kill 1 person!

[/sarcasm]

Yeah the 'modern' types of pkers are gonna hate on this big time cause it ruins their lazy-ass talentless method of 'owning' people for shiny yellow pixels, but it'll clearly be amazing for any genuine proper pkers left.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

As a pker, i see this as potential to make pvp more skill oriented than luck. I also see it as potential to completely ruin pvp due to poor balance between damage and health.

As a pvmer, meh, hope they give my rapier more of a buff than a nerf.

As a money maker, OH SWEET JESUS ALL MY ITEMS ARE WORTH NOTHING WHY JAGEX WHY?!?

CNqWHdA.jpg

As a pker, i see this as potential to make pvp more skill oriented than luck. I also see it as potential to completely ruin pvp due to poor balance between damage and health.

As a pvmer, meh, hope they give my rapier more of a buff than a nerf.

As a money maker, OH SWEET JESUS ALL MY ITEMS ARE WORTH NOTHING WHY JAGEX WHY?!?

As a metagamer, I'm scared that they'll change the formulas and force me to learn the new ones, that they'll totally mess everything up by giving all weapons of the same tier the same raw dps, and that xp rates and afkability will be drastically changed.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's one thing saying that they said this and they said that, but it's entirely a different thing when it comes to actual implementation, we (and possibly even they) don't know if they will stick to that plan, change the plan or even drop it altogether.

But I am pretty confident that for weapons that as hard to get as Dragon Claws, they will update it to compensate for the loss of its Special attack (or in fact just let them keep it). But then again, the old Jagex did make old weapons redundant without possibly realising (Dragon Long, Dragon 2h, Dragon Spear, Dragon Mace, Dragon Battleaxe, and in some ways Dragon Scimitar also).

If they were to make changes they'd say they are making, I wouldn't minding seeing different weapons with the same special attack having a slightly effect for each individual weapon, and balanced for different scenarios (I don't know, maybe an extra hit up to 50% weapon damage for Claws, 5 seconds of defence debuff for daggers). That way, they can still retain the uniqueness of each weapon without making each weapon rely solely on its special attack (well, relying less).

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)