Squeal of Fortune "Updates" was: Spin Results (970 spins)

NukeMarine

Good that the boost "only" lasts 30 days

Bad that it exists

Bad that it's on the Sof

Rebalancing is nice I guess. 2.5% less time to some goals

boost doesnt last for only 30 days....its 30 days unless you spend more cash on getting a skill set recharge that makes it last for another anywhere from 1-7 days.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Bad that it exists

Bad that it's on the Sof

boost doesnt last for only 30 days....its 30 days unless you spend more cash on getting a skill set recharge that makes it last for another anywhere from 1-7 days.

I'm pretty sure you can only get the recharge crystals from sof. Granted you can buy spins but there's still the free ones, but no way of direct buying

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

Bad that it exists

Bad that it's on the Sof

I'm pretty sure you can only get the recharge crystals from sof. Granted you can buy spins but there's still the free ones, but no way of direct buying

Not to mention the fact that the recharge crystals only appear on rare slots, hardly game breaking.

Sylpheed.png

Got some Artisan gloves. Maybe Yelps doesn't hate me anymore.

The other spins were small lamps though, so maybe not. But hey free agility xp \:D/

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

The really annoying thing is that they don't let their first promotion end before starting the next one. With these skill sets taking up all my rare slots, the chance of getting my sunbathe emote and shark fists from free spins in these last few days is practically zero...

The really annoying thing is that they don't let their first promotion end before starting the next one. With these skill sets taking up all my rare slots, the chance of getting my sunbathe emote and shark fists from free spins in these last few days is practically zero...

I'm pretty sure they were taken off the wheel when this new promotion started.

I'm pretty sure they were taken off the wheel when this new promotion started.

Well I guess my chance is actually zero then :(. I assumed it ended the same day we received the other summer rewards such as the 700k xp, checking now though I see that they do not.

The skill clothes, I never seem to be able to get them. The squeal of fortune is a joke, all I get are the 1k coins, the small lamps and the 1 day recharge things.

The skill clothes, I never seem to be able to get them. The squeal of fortune is a joke, all I get are the 1k coins, the small lamps and the 1 day recharge things.

The skill outfit pieces were only on the uncommon slot for the previous weekend, now they're rare slot items only.

Sylpheed.png

• 2 weeks later...
Sometimes it can be hard tracking down all the resources you need to train a particular skill. Wouldn’t it be great if you could find the materials you needed to start training in one convenient place?

New to Squeal of Fortune, Training Material Packs contain the necessary resources to start levelling some of the more involved skills right away, without having to find and harvest materials yourself!

These packs replace the medium and huge skill-specific XP lamps in the following skills:

· Construction

· Crafting

· Farming

· Herblore

· Smithing

· Summoning

The materials you receive will always be tailored directly to your skill level, so there’s no chance of winning a crate of materials you can’t use. You can withdraw materials directly from the crates to use immediately, and you’ll always receive the materials required – a crate is likely to provide just planks for Construction as that’s all you need, but you’re just as likely to get a pouch, shards, a charm and a secondary ingredient for Summoning! There’s also always a chance that you’ll find an additional surprise inside.

To celebrate this update, this weekend we’re hosting Double Pack Weekend! Spin between Friday, October 12th 00:01 GMT and Monday, October 15th 23:59 GMT and you’ll have double the chance to win material packs! What’s more, you’ll also have double the likelihood of landing XP lamps in other skills!

You can try your luck at bagging these oh-so-useful crates by purchasing spins here, or by clicking “Buy Spins” next to the wheel in Squeal of Fortune. Don’t forget, Double Pack Weekend ends 23:59 on Monday October 15th (GMT) so be sure to spin before then for twice the chance of winning some packs!

Happy skilling!

They are removing some of the xp lamps and replacing them with just the raw materials?

This is a really good step in the right direction.

Byzantus.png

But then they doubled the chance of getting the other lamps, which are the slow, non buyable skills.

They actually made buying spins more productive with this, they just disguised it slightly.

Asmodean <3

But then they doubled the chance of getting the other lamps, which are the slow, non buyable skills.

They actually made buying spins more productive with this, they just disguised it slightly.

The double chance is only this weekend i think?

Byzantus.png

smallcraft.png

Small crafting crate. 24 dragon leather and 8 thread at a time are withdrawn from the crate itself, un-noted.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

smallcraft.png

Small crafting crate. 24 dragon leather and 8 thread at a time are withdrawn from the crate itself, un-noted.

Are you able to trade/sell these? If so, a 600k gp award is not bad for an uncommon slot. If not, it's still interesting compromise between skill amulets and instant xp.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

smallcraft.png

Are you able to trade/sell these? If so, a 600k gp award is not bad for an uncommon slot. If not, it's still interesting compromise between skill amulets and instant xp.

I don't think the crates themselves are tradable, but the materials you get from them probably are.

I was seriously debating between taking the crate and taking the 40k gold substitute, since I had no idea what would be inside... glad I took the crate! (121 blue drag leather and some thread for me.)

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

What do you think about the latest addition to the latest addition to the squeal of fortune? A fair amount of items were introduced, that i think some of them (cosmetic versions) should atleast have been a Halloween reward. (Holiday event).

What do YOU think of it? Good/bad? Why? what should they have done better?

--- Didn't see a SoF thread here discussing the update --- :D

I'll just Copy-paste the Update to here. :)

Yelps has fully embraced Halloween, and to celebrate the occasion he’s adding 4 new prizes to be won on Scream of Fortune, all with a horrifying Halloween twist!

• The Pumpkin Amulet glows with unearthly energy and doubles up to 68,800 XP earned while it's worn - in any skill! Even better, it works alongside the Scary Bonus XP Weekend for even more bonus XP!
  • The grotesque Ghoulish Mask is freakishly fiendish, and that’s before you use it to transform into a ghostly apparition. You can even right-click on the item while worn to transform and take a picture, to use as your gruesome new forum picture!
  • Taking a bite of a Toffee Apple restores some health and – this is where the tricks and treats come in – also has a random effect!
  • Only members can gorge on a Sugar Skull, which restores more health than a Toffee Apple. Look out for that random trick or treat effect!

The newly Halloween-themed Scream of Fortune hosts these items from Friday, October 26th at 00:00 GMT until Monday, November 5th at 23:59 GMT.

That’s not all...

In the run-up to Halloween, Yelps is giving you an increased chance to win these ghoulish goodies! For the first six days of this promotion it’s much more likely that you’ll bag one of these limited-edition items. Once Halloween has been and gone – that’s after Wednesday, October 31st, 23:59 GMT – the items will remain on the wheel for an additional five days, but as the Halloween atmosphere squirms back into the darkness for another year, your chances of winning them will be slimmer.

If you want more than your daily spins to win as many of these petrifying prizes as possible, you can purchase spins here, or by clicking “Buy Spins” next to the wheel in Scream of Fortune. You can also check out our Squeal of Fortune wiki for other ways of getting extra spins.

The RuneScape Team

In Other News:

It will no longer be possible to claim Sizzling Summer items for free from Solomon's Store after the 6th of November. If you're eligible and you haven't already claimed your items, be sure to do so before then!

Ohhh.png

If you want more than your daily spins to win as many of these petrifying prizes as possible, you can purchase spins here, or by clicking “Buy Spins” next to the wheel in Scream of Fortune. You can also check out our Squeal of Fortune wiki for other ways of getting extra spins.

They had to add that into the news post "just in case we forget" :wacko: .

At least I know where the Hallowe'en festivities are at this year.

22031_s.gif

Its funny because the event is essentially a carbon copy of the Easter event, FAQ states that they ran out of money to produce an emote for the event, yet the SOF and Solomon departments manage to output intensely detailed gear with their own emotes, sounds, everything.

Well it doesn't really bother me as much anymore because they're essentially the same things that were already on the SoF just Halloween themed. As long as bonus xp items don't pop up in Soloman's rwt store I've really given up on caring about yelp and his annoying ways.

Just FYI, only the toffee apple is F2P. I had three spins today thanks to a double spin token and all of these things were there, but the others just said 'awesome members object'.

Good to see they spent all their time and effort on making a good event with a cool emote instead of more pointless items. /sarcasm

Although, I will admit Yelps looks pretty funny with that pumpkin head.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Just FYI, only the toffee apple is F2P. I had three spins today thanks to a double spin token and all of these things were there, but the others just said 'awesome members object'.

Good to see they spent all their time and effort on making a good event with a cool emote instead of more pointless items. /sarcasm

Although, I will admit Yelps looks pretty funny with that pumpkin head.

I'd rather have an emote that I may one day just decide to use randomly, as opposed to a set of clothing that will sit in my toy box/with Diango and never be seen again :\\\

They should have changed Yelps so that if you use 10 spins at a go his pumpkin head explodes.

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.