RuneScape Races towards Historic Milestone!

Drazhor

We are racing towards the historic milestone of the 200 millionth RuneScape account being created.

In anticipation of reaching this mind-blowing total, we have added a counter to RuneScape.com allowing everyone to witness this incredible accomplishment.

We think that this achievement is truly amazing and, naturally, we want to celebrate with the people who made it possible: each and every one of you! So, to commemorate this momentous occasion, we have put together a grand celebration - along with a series of events and surprises - to allow the entire community to join us in celebrating the 200 millionth account when the time comes.

Keep an eye on the counter, and make sure you’re around to see this iconic moment in RuneScape history unfold.

Discuss this here.

[qfc]294-295-18-63788634[/qfc]

The RuneScape Team

This is actually fairly impressive! I wonder what the celebrations will involve...decapitating a certain little goblin hopefully!

What do you think of this achievement? Do you think it's well deserved?

I'm personally split because I think a fair bit of them accounts may be botting accounts :lol:

Achievement list:

198m Accounts created - 16th June 2012 at 21:16 UTC (BST) :shades:

199m Accounts created -

200m Accounts created -

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tons of those will be those autotypers... :wall:

Inb4 the 200millionth account is called "jwsuren1i2" Or something. :lol:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Tons of those will be those autotypers... :wall:

Yeah, that seems to be the prevailing theory in RSOF thread as well. <_<

Still, it's pretty cool. I can't help but wonder what kind of stuff they'll be doing to celebrate.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

A celebration of an event since SoF... without a discontinued (tradeable or otherwise) item? Something is not right here.

Maybe the prize for the 200 millionth account is like a couple of free spins or something.

Of which 140m were bots.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

inb4 200m cashpiles in uncommon slots for the following week. Nah, but we can definitely expect some SOF stuff. :P

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Even for a game that have been around for as long as RS, 200M created account is a lot. Congratulations, Runescape! Now let's go for 300 400 500M!

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

O wow another pointless thing to celebrate and put prizes on the SOF for...

Let's make wild guesses what nearly-unobtainable items they'll add to the wheel. My guess is 200M (fake) gold that can use an emote where you roll around in the money to get a faux experience of what Jagex has with the wheel itself.

I heard somewhere that 130-140m of these accounts are either Chinese bots, or completely inactive accounts (no activity at all even since creation). Still a cool milestone though.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

The game has existed for over a decade, and with accounts getting auto-generated by bots I expected much, much more than 200m accounts. That really puts Facebook's 900m figures into perspective.

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

20 accounts were supposedly created in the 30-40 seconds before I got bored.

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

Bots or not, it is still a very nice accomplishment for Jagex to reach these numbers.

You don't say, "Wow that President has a nice approval rating of 99% from a poll taken of all of these people that don't exist."

For all the bots we know that exist (and there are a damn lot of them) there are probably twice that caught and banned before we could ever see them on Jagex's end.

It's just hard to be happy for such a milestone, or even celebrate it as a player. I'd rather celebrate the SoF more than this for the money it makes Jagex. At least then I know the people who are buying spins - now that they've fixed the credit card debacle - are legitimate players.

hzvjpwS.gif

Eh, I think it is kinda cool that their game is popular enough to have /that/ many recorded attempts at cheating to get ahead in it.

Still. 3mil away. That counter will be there a while, I think.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Is it just me, or are you seeing 1 account per second or less, translating into about a month wait?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

16bg9ck.png

:P.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Is it just me, or are you seeing 1 account per second or less, translating into about a month wait?

16bg9ck.png

Combine that with today's confirmation from Mod Jacmob that Optimus will go into full swing in July...hmm... :-k

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...