The Crucible 19-06-12

Sloke

^ Yeah, their stats look really underwhelming.

From RSOF (can't log in myself) it sounds like The Crucible has same problem as Flash Powder Factory. Even though most people can't log in, the instanced server is already full >.<

Also from RSOF it seems like the 'flat fee' is 500k, and you pay extra on top of this based on your levels and gear...bit pricey for me =\

serious? 500K? [bleep] that. That's a disgusting money sink for PvP. I can see this turning into dead content easily.

From the article it doesn't look like a sink, it's a fee that you pay on entry, and on death part of it goes to your opponent in addition to anything you drop.

And if you abandon the arena then you forfeit the fee, which your opponent receives in full.

The Official RS wiki makes it sound like the fee component based on levels and gear is always given to your opponent if you die, and the flat fee is given to your opponent if you run away or lag out.

What it doesn't specify: If you don't run, but still die, the 500k simply disappears from the game? Or is it returned to you?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Yeah, their stats look really underwhelming.

From RSOF (can't log in myself) it sounds like The Crucible has same problem as Flash Powder Factory. Even though most people can't log in, the instanced server is already full >.<

Also from RSOF it seems like the 'flat fee' is 500k, and you pay extra on top of this based on your levels and gear...bit pricey for me =\

serious? 500K? [bleep] that. That's a disgusting money sink for PvP. I can see this turning into dead content easily.

From the article it doesn't look like a sink, it's a fee that you pay on entry, and on death part of it goes to your opponent in addition to anything you drop.

And if you abandon the arena then you forfeit the fee, which your opponent receives in full.

The Official RS wiki makes it sound like the fee component based on levels and gear is always given to your opponent if you die, and the flat fee is given to your opponent if you run away or lag out.

What it doesn't specify: If you don't run, but still die, the 500k simply disappears from the game? Or is it returned to you?

The thing to consider as well is:

This is for brutal pking where targets drop EVERYTHING and then you have a safe-period to go bank loot.

If you are even vaguely good at pking you *should* be able to make far more than 500k from one stint inside the crucible, so the entry cost is only a massive issue if you suck so hard you never win at all.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Yup.... I lagged really hard upon logging back in, and I smashed. <_<

:( Damn

How many chins did you have on you?

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Yup.... I lagged really hard upon logging back in, and I smashed. <_<

:( Damn

How many chins did you have on you?

I got back in time, but I never carry more than 4k. I probably had like.... 3200 or something.

Doing the tutorials in the first one he specifically says you can get you're entry fee back from the bank before you leave as long as you are not someone's target.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It will become a place for skill-full pkers to win epic loots if you ask me. It's quite a large fee, but 500k, that isn't that much money. Unless you use full rune and a dragon weapon, you are easily decked out in millions already when you enter. And that is the bare minimum for winning I'd say.

I do wonder how it will sort it self out. Very curious about how the fee works in practice and how much you get when you make kills (and how many you lose in every other situation).

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

And people think Jagex has changed. Arbitrary mini-games that are abandoned within a week are as Jagex as taking what isn't broken and breaking it.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

They are just getting a marching band of Yelps minions ready who follow you around the game singing a hideous tune about how you can spin today for prizes that you cannot mute, even if you turn you speakers all the way down and will not go away until you use all your spins and if you try to ignore them more and more of them appear and produce enforced lag on everything other than clicking the sof, even disabling the log out button with a big picture of Yelps and making all chat you type turn into Yelps says spin today for prizes galore. Cause you know they gotta keep it subtle and not ram it down our throats with every update.

Don't forget the emails they start sending when you don't spin!

In related news: people who can log on are reporting that when they try to go to their citadel, it says "Your clan does not have a citadel"...uh oh....JAGEXXXXXXXXXXXX!!1!

From the RSOF:

Afternoon,

We're aware that some players are experiencing issues logging into their clan citadels. We believe this is an issue with instance shards which may be causing these issues to occur in the Crucible, Clan Citadels and other instance sharded activities like Flash Power Factory.

Our game engine team are looking into the issue as we speak. Apologies if you have been effected by this issue.

Cheers,

~MC

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

And people think Jagex has changed. Arbitrary mini-games that are abandoned within a week are as Jagex as taking what isn't broken and breaking it.

Sheesh, at least give it some time before condemning it. I'm not saying it will be great, but people definitely don't know enough yet to be able to make a meaningful statement.

I don't know why people are upset, this is exactly what they advertised it to be in the BTS.

I'm not much of a pvper (and can't afford to gear myself well enough to beat other maxed people), so I probably won't spend much time here... but I think the supreme weapons are interesting and I'll probably hang around in there for a bit so I can see that for myself. I was thinking the weapons seemed kind of meh, but if the bow is that strong and shoots dart speed... you could pretty much destroy everyone. I wonder if the staff gives a casting speed bonus? I also like how in addition to being invincible, you have the ability to teleport to/force people to come to you, and then hit them with a multi combat special.

Can't wear completionist cape -> go to unlock crucible songs -> try to get in for 20 minutes -> gives up and goes back to castle wars -> 12 mins of cw game left, 10 minutes until system update.

... Fuuuuuu -.-

Can't wear completionist cape -> go to unlock crucible songs -> try to get in for 20 minutes -> gives up and goes back to castle wars -> 12 mins of cw game left, 10 minutes until system update.

... Fuuuuuu -.-

Knock at hatch > Do tutorial > song unlocks > job done.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

... Fuuuuuu -.-

That only unlocked 1 song out of 7 for me?

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

... Fuuuuuu -.-

That only unlocked 1 song out of 7 for me?

There's 6 new songs in Burthorpe randomly, tele to the home tele thing and they all unlock.

They were the 7 I had missing (in addition to the 10ish dg ones, 1 dom tower and qbd one I've not bothered with yet)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I'm no PVPer but this looks.. fine definitely not something to get ragey about if you don't like it, it hasn't replaced anything else in the game and won't affect you and yet it could be an awesome way for some good PKers to make money.

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.