• Adept
    • Arbitrator
    • Assassin
    • Cleric
    • Guardsman
    • Scum
    • Tech Priest
    • GM

I always thought there was something in the rulebooks about increasing single-shot damage of accurate weapons like with auto or semiauto fire. I haven't been able to find anything like that.

My listed weapons purchases should be considered in flux for the time being. Though the Voss-Pattern Flamer will almost certainly stay.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you write said advice?

Also would've been convenient for the crossroads game. :thumbup:

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

I couldn't have, but the timezone conflict was too bad. If I had known that crossroads was based upon Dark Heresy I would have given you them though.

LNYvk.png

I think it is more playful digs between myself and Retech as the adventure had everyone executed for Heresy, after they waited 3/5 days for the Inquistion to arrive while paper saying 'These people are heretics' was sitting in an office, which they were supposed to investigate.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

I didn't even know everyone was executed for heresy.

They weren't putting up enough opposition for me to see it. All's well that ends well. :P

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Nex, have you finished my redone character, or are you simply doing your own? I'd like to know if I'm using Brutus for the session, is all.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Are we playing tomorrow?

No problem. :)

I will be playing Adeptus Sororitas that I am trying to make into a stealth machine gunner. Not sure if that will ever work out. :thumbup:

Though I can't decide whether to take on the title, "The Incorruptible" or "The Uncompromising"

No problem. :)

I will be playing Adeptus Sororitas that I am trying to make into a stealth machine gunner. Not sure if that will ever work out. :thumbup:

Though I can't decide whether to take on the title, "The Incorruptible" or "The Uncompromising"

Uncompromising, definitely.

Good luck playing a Sororitas as a stealth character...

Sorry I haven't got your character up yet, Earth. I've been spending most of my time getting my old computer running right again, I'll do what I can before tomorrow's session.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

For reference:

We are going to be starting in the deep end so I expect people to turn up on time and stay online for the duration, and I mean online as 'this is the only thing you are doing'. While I was fairly lax in Crossroads/Space/Dungeoneering, this is a proper game, which has taken three hours to plan so far (and I am using a pre-built adventure) so if people take ten minutes to click over to this tab to respond, or constantly ask what is happening because they aren't paying attention I am just gonna fold this game after one session.

If this is going to be a problem for people then just drop out.

I am going to be online form 19:00 GMT until 21:30 GMT specifically to answer questions and receive your character sheets. The session will start at 21:30. If people are not here by 21:30 then you have missed the session, don't bother turning up (If you feel compelled to apologize then PM me) because I will kick you. You will be welcome to come to the next session, but you will need to talk to me before then to explain where your character was.

If you need to go AFK then I expect you to type 'I am going AFK' or just 'AFK', preferably with a guess as to how long you will be away.

If you don't and don't respond for 10 minutes I will kick you (out of combat time).

If we are in combat time each person has 5 minutes per round. The first time you just lose your turn. On consecutive turns you will spend 1 fate per round, until you are kicked.

If you are typing a longer response then type 'Typing' to let other people know you are.

Alternatively type 'Called' if you want to respond first. For this you will be limited to one sentence/action. If more than one person calls then it will go in order (by my log).

Called trumps Typing because the action is shorter.

Type 'Cancel' if you don't want to respond but said you would.

Type 'Silent' if you aren't responding and its been a few minutes since anyone did anything (Or if you have no intention of doing anything.)

You can use variants on these words, and obviously use commonsense.

I strongly recommend that people use an IRClient, rather than Tip It's one.

Link to a good one is here: http://www.kvirc.net/

Another is here: http://www.mirc.com/

I would like to strongly recommend this:

http://roll20.net/

But I know that Retech can't use it cause he needs to pretend to study and headphones/speaking gives it away.

However if people can try it, and tell me if they can use it regularly then that would be super (I don't like the pain in the neck list of things above any more than you probably do, but in lieu of voice chat I need a way to simulate a better gaming experience).

Please print off your sheets, keep them safe, and such.

So yes, this is going to be a proper game.

PS. Earth, I would recommend building a character using the rules, it doesn't have to be the best character ever, but it is good experience.

Assuming people are staying on here is some ritual humiliation/IMPORTANT INFORMATION

[hide]

Part 1:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12603519/001.mp3

Part 2:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12603519/002.mp3

(Not the best quality but I can't find the microphone and I am using a different computer to normal)

Text:

[hide]

Chapter 1: Clipped Wings

"Darkness has taken you, leaving you endlessly falling into an empty oblivion without sight or sound. Moments flash briefly into being and fade again: a cold iron table and bright light above you, the mocking voice of a child, the reeking stench of beasts and raw meat, weightlessness, the hammering of great machinery, and finally, fetid black water oozing beneath you and chill winds stirring foul air.

You wake slowly to find yourself paralysed in cold darkness, your voice silent and your body as limp and useless as a rag doll. You are helpless to act or speak, or even hold your thoughts together, but you can hear the ragged breathing of others in the dark telling you that you are not alone in your fate and feel the bone-deep ache in your limbs confirming that you yet live. Sickly-green lamps flicker on in the walls, and a dozen figures appear, wading shin-deep through rank waters towards the cold platform on which you and the other tangled forms hang. They wear ragged cloaks over dark body armour, and their faces are covered by grotesque animal masks fashioned from glittering metal and stitched skin. Each mask is different, one a hound, one a serpent, another a swine, and so on, while the leader wears the gilded visage of a Jackal with crimson teeth.

Chains are released and you are dumped into the ice-cold filth of the water with the others, all equally helpless, heaped up like in a mass grave for the living. Each of you is swiftly and perfunctorily examined by the masked men like livestock in a market. The Jackal Mask barks a curt order, and he and the

others back away swiftly into the darkness. Frost creeps across the walls, and the waters beneath you grow cold as the grave, as from the darkness a human-shaped, spike-studded metal cabinet comes into view, pushed along by two stunted and misshapen figures. Another shadowed form, tall and lean, hangs back on the edge of sight behind them.

Horror is heaped upon horror as the iron cabinet opens to reveal the severed head and mutilated torso of a young woman floating within in a column of unearthly light. The woman’s eyes snap open and cruel white light floods out. You feel the stabbing claws of a vile force invade your mind with its polluting touch as you and your fellow captives finally find voice enough to scream.

The force withdraws suddenly as the iron cabinet snaps shut. A silver-clawed hand rises from the darkness and indicates three captives in turn. The misshapen figures lunge forth and drag them screaming into the darkness where they are abruptly silenced.

Mercifully you are not among them.

The light fades and oblivion takes you again."

[/hide]

[/hide]

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

I used a character generator, Arch.I have a chracter ready, but I can't build it from scratch. I don't know how to. And, my schedule is nuts so I might not be able to play some days, but I'll do my damndest to stay for those I can make. Will that be a problem, Archi?

Nex, it's fine. Take as much time as you need, I'll survive a while without a good character.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Uncompromising is probably better, seeing as I am likely going to get corrupted in the very first session. :thumbup:

I would prefer you attend the one session we have a week, but yes, if you can't make it then you can't make it, I am not gonna hold that against you.

We can just assume his character says something along the lines of 'You folks craaaazy, I quit," then gets a day job until next session, yeah?

RIP Dawngate ;-;

It's because my mother is dragging me to dog shows all the damn time. Also, session time is at 4 or so EST, right?

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

It's because my mother is dragging me to dog shows all the damn time. Also, session time is at 4 or so EST, right?

4:30 on the dot.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Where's the channel?

I can't play. I won't be able to make enough sessions to make it worth it. Sorry.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

I accidentally clicked out of the chat window whatdidImiss :blink:

That was fantastic, Archi. Thanks again for being a god among mods.

I... I don't suppose we get any exp for that?

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Grim saying he had to go.

Anywho, hurry up and get steam installed again.

I'm tryyyyyyiiiiiiing

Also naaaaaggiiiiiiiing about exp

RIP Dawngate ;-;