OG Blog: Tradition and Challenge

Bxpprod

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im waiting for it. Any minute they'll be another post "rofl jkin! we wouldn't do any of that stupid stuff. man, I can't believe you guys fell for that! we clearly don't think you're too stupid to figure out your combat. lolz"

Lets hope.

34zljex.png

Huzzah.png

Im waiting for it. Any minute they'll be another post "rofl jkin! we wouldn't do any of that stupid stuff. man, I can't believe you guys fell for that! we clearly don't think you're too stupid to figure out your combat. lolz"

Lets hope.

Ehh, the combat previous combat formula was far too complicated and not really accurate. Although, prayer/summon are powerful enough that they should be included.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Complicated? If you can't do math then sites like our very own tip have had calcs for years.

It was still overly complex and had a few broken loopholes due to the differences between melee and range/mage having different max combats. I would like prayer and summon to be included, though I can see why they removed summon (based on what we know I think summons will be less powerful for a while.. :( ) and prayer shouldn't be removed at all.

At least now every time you level your highest offense or your defense skills it will clearly be a 1:1 increase in combat.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Seems to imply that you won't be able to switch armour in combat, which may turn out interestingly.

BRB getting some sacred clay armor and anxiously awaiting the re-release of the bowsword.

I WANT

MY [bleep]ING

BOWSWORD.

hzvjpwS.gif

I wonder how this will affect my goal of untrimmed slayer. Positively of course... but will we be seeing more untrimmed slayer capes perhaps?

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

So someone with Magic, Ranged and Attack levels of 1 but with 99 Strength and defence will be a higher level than someone with Magic, Ranged, Strength and Attack levels of 98 and 99 defence?

Jagex

dczlnn.pngUSPPEP8.pngdczlnn.png

So someone with Magic, Ranged and Attack levels of 1 but with 99 Strength and defence will be a higher level than someone with Magic, Ranged, Strength and Attack levels of 98 and 99 defence?

Jagex

Yes, but only by 1 combat level.

Serena_Sedai.png

Seems to imply that you won't be able to switch armour in combat, which may turn out interestingly.

BRB getting some sacred clay armor and anxiously awaiting the re-release of the bowsword.

I WANT

MY [bleep]ING

BOWSWORD.

Inb4BowSwordReleasedWithAGrandmasterHyperQuestThatYouCan'tDo. :twss:

Sacred Clay will be interesting actually, hopefully a nice little hybrid armour for lower levels. :D

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Jagex

Hmm, not sure how I feel about this. Currently it's easy to tell in general how someones stats compares to yours combat wise (apart from pures), this will make it difficult though >.<

dczlnn.pngUSPPEP8.pngdczlnn.png

Jagex

Hmm, not sure how I feel about this. Currently it's easy to tell in general how someones stats compares to yours combat wise (apart from pures), this will make it difficult though >.<

True. However, without the ability to swap gears effectively (due to resetting and doubling all of your spec cooldowns) I see this being less relevant. I would make the assumption that a lv200 player has 99 def and either 99att and strength, 99 range, or 99 mage. (based on the gear they have equipped).

From that you can base how powerful they are. Unless attack and strength are separated into two different classes of players (that is, not tied together..) you can assume attack/strength are the same (worst case), and then work out from there whether they are a match.

It really isn't that much different besides losing prayer/summon from the totals.

Serena_Sedai.png

This game is going to be extremely hard on players who aren't already maxed after this update. Unless the new abilities work to make you much more effective in combat without good stuff like turmoil/extremes/etc.

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

I'm so happy I just got enough money to buy 95 prayer. Still gotta do the bones, and I might needs to buy more tortoises or herbs. And 200k bank. Still looking good. Hopefully I can get it before the beta.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Seems to me like this favours pures. At least ones who are completely maxed.

I thought that, but only to very low Defence ones (ie; 1).

However, I'm sure there will be some reasoning to this, maybe this hidden thing (including something truly amazing that weve been keeping as a surprise) is some sort of item that changes or adds benefits depending on your actual levels, so it'd be different for each players account (unless they have the same stats).

Also, I think maybe the way they'll counter what I've said at the beginning, is by having life-point boosting armours, all require certain levels, give good bonuses.

Example:

Level 102 maxed pure with Iron Armour will have maybe 100 added life points.

Where as say an average player with say 50 average stats will be able to wear Granite with a guess of 500 added life points.

This is just completely something I've thought off the top of my head, so it probably won't be right at all lol.

Given what we know/assume about lifepoint boosts, defense abilities and so forth, i can't see lv1 defense pures being good anymore.

Serena_Sedai.png

So presumably the advanced target-matching based on damage potential yada-yada-yada for the crucible is just translating your current combat into the new system, and then matching based on that.

Well I won't have a negative opinion on the what the new combat level means, as it would be completely unfounded. Those saying about PvP meaning you need to get turmoil to be competitive now, I don't know how much we can deduce about that either. With greater lifepoints and these ultimate attacks (which seem from videos to be capped, and perhaps not even effected by prayer), perhaps the edge of turmoil over piety, even over ultimate strength, will become far less significant.

Of course, it could also be given an attack requirement. There's so much that is unknown about this, I think these blogs have an adverse effect really. It's a struggle to not measure what's to come with what we know now, but in doing so we get a warped idea of how it may actually be.

Do not forget the toad in the well.

LgEZt.png

Yeah I was wondering about pures only being level 102 also, but I suppose everything is speculation until we see for ourselves. In the current system a 50/50/50 would get destroyed by a 99/99/1, but perhaps the defensive skills and lifepoint boosts are enough to create a situation where the guy with 50 defence is tanky enough that he won't die easily?

Seems almost counter intuitive to what they've said about pures though.

Seems to me like this favours pures. At least ones who are completely maxed.

I thought that, but only to very low Defence ones (ie; 1).

However, I'm sure there will be some reasoning to this, maybe this hidden thing (including something truly amazing that weve been keeping as a surprise) is some sort of item that changes or adds benefits depending on your actual levels, so it'd be different for each players account (unless they have the same stats).

Also, I think maybe the way they'll counter what I've said at the beginning, is by having life-point boosting armours, all require certain levels, give good bonuses.

Example:

Level 102 maxed pure with Iron Armour will have maybe 100 added life points.

Where as say an average player with say 50 average stats will be able to wear Granite with a guess of 500 added life points.

This is just completely something I've thought off the top of my head, so it probably won't be right at all lol.

Provided I read this correctly, I agree. I can see HP only giving our base 990 boost at max (which will be next to nothing come the update), and Defence being the requirement for higher LP boost armours. The boost will more likely than not be of a significant value, causing accounts with low Defence to suffer a great disadvantage. However, with the limited information, things could go in any direction. Maybe Runescape will still be more offense based, however I believe Defence will reign supreme in the future. That doesn't say Jagex won't release some items that would benefit low Defence characters when fighting vs high Defence characters. It's too early to tell for certain.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

I don't know why but 200 just sounds weird to me. :unsure: And new players being level 4 just seems icky. >.<!

:-? I wonder how the QBD fight will go then since it sounds like we can't switch gear during combat. :-?