Food

Skull

I'm looking for something to eat that can be taken with me in a cooler and eaten cold. Sandwiches are getting old and I'm not a big fan of salad, and that's about all I know of that's good unheated.

Fried chicken.

Pies, buns.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I'm looking for something to eat that can be taken with me in a cooler and eaten cold. Sandwiches are getting old and I'm not a big fan of salad, and that's about all I know of that's good unheated.

It depends what your tastes are like. I personally enjoyed chicken & bacon pasta as a 'cold' dish, but your mileage may vary.

• 3 weeks later...

Dammit I love triscuits. Especially the Cracked Pepper & Olive Oil flavored ones.

Though, I have been waking up to hearburn on many of the mornings after having eaten them.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Going to be eating baklawa in under 24 hours.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Looking forward to lunch in a few which will be the other half of yesterday's dinner - oven roasted chicken on Italian with pickles and honey mustard from Subway. Best combo ever. Plus I finally figured out how many carbs are actually in it - 47.

Going to make banana cream pudding later today to take to my grandpa with any luck.

Chicken, lettuce and mayo in a baguette. Best sandwich ever. Which reminds me, i've got a whole chicken in the freezer that i need to roast, anyone got any tried and tested amazing recipes?

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

Here's a funny thing, I'm having a birthday barbecue tomorrow with homemade burgers, and my dad suggested getting small cubes of strong red cheddar cheese, wrapping them in a basil leaf, and then poking them into the raw burgers before we cook them tomorrow. Apparently it's a Jamie Oliver recipe. I'm just really curious what they will taste like.

• Like 1

~ W ~

sigzi.png

• 4 weeks later...

Ugh. Anyone more experienced out there - help me please!

I've tried twice now to make a bechamel sauce to make into other sauces - first alfredo, then cheddar sauce. Each time it came out grainy and glumpy the moment it was off direct heat. I never get that velvet consistency it seems, no matter what I do. I've done my best to match tutorials but I'm not sure where I'm going wrong.

I add the butter to my hot pan until it's all melted down, then I add my equal part of flour. I wait until it starts to bubble a little and spread a little more than when the flour first hit the butter (like...one or two minutes?). I figured at that point, the flour was cooked out since that seemed to be the point where people moved on to adding milk. I add my milk in 3 parts like I was shown. 1/3rd, mix til incorporated, try to get all the lumps out, then another and repeat, then the last and repeat. By the second part of milk, it's starting to get that strange consistency, where it's not velvet, but grainy. I usually think I hadn't stirred enough, so I stir more. At the end, the consistency never gets that velvet look to it. It sort of reminds me when chocolate starts to seize a bit, the way that looks, without completely falling apart.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong and it's driving me nuts! I'm using like a cup of milk each time on this, and that's like 2 or 3 bowls of cereal worth (which is a lot considering we only buy pints at a time ffs :3).

Rageragerage

hzvjpwS.gif

Made some brownies the other day. They were delicious, but I used a tray that was too large as I couldn't find our smaller one, so they ended up being very thin. Either way, extremely tasty! :D

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

There weren't that kind of thin. They were thin as in the you can actually snap them thin. :P

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber